- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you to everyone who has been reading and reviewing! I know it takes time for everyone to read the chapters and I appreciate the time you take to do it. Keep the reviews coming!

AJ found Kat in the bedroom unpacking some of her things after he put the boys to bed. Everyone had left a few hours ago and they were finally getting things put away. He snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

 “Boo!”

 “Jesus AJ!” Kat yelped. “You scared the crap out of me.”

 “Sorry.” he said with a laugh.

 Kat turned around and kissed him lightly. “Sorry my butt.”

 “Ok, I’m not really sorry.”

 “I didn’t think you were.” Kat said turning back around. “Did the boys fall asleep?”

 “Yeah, I think their four uncles tuckered them out, especially Brian.”

 “I know.” Kat said with a chuckle. “I never realized how energetic he was.”

 “He’s like the Energizer bunny on crack! He’s always been like that and can outlast all of us. I don’t know how Baylee keeps up with him.”

 “Neither do I. Leighanne has her hands full.”

 “So do we. Those two boys are gonna wear us out.” AJ said as he flopped down on the bed. Stretching out, he patted the spot beside him and Kat crawled over and put her head on his chest.

“You have no idea how much I’ve missed this.”

 Kat giggled. “I’ve spent the last few nights here. How can you miss it?”

 “It’s different now. We’re living together as a family. There’s no walking out.”

 Kat sat up and turned to face him. “What do you mean?”

 “I mean we’re together now.” AJ said, sitting up straighter. “I mean that the last few nights were good but this is better. I’m not afraid anymore.”

 “Afraid? I don’t understand AJ. What were you afraid of?”

 “Honestly?”

 “Yes. We agreed that we have to be completely honest if this is going to work.”

 “I was afraid you’d change your mind.”

 “Change my mind about what?”

 “Moving in here, being with me, living together as a family.”

 “Why would I change my mind about that?”

 “I don’t know. I was just scared that I could be this happy and then it could all change.”

 Kat sat there for a minute and let it all sink in. She knew she had hurt him when she left before but she never realized exactly how bad it was.

 “I’m sorry AJ. I really am. I promise you that I am not going anywhere. No matter how hard it gets or what happens, I am not going to leave again. You’re gonna have to kick me out.”

 AJ leaned over and pressed his lips to hers. “That is NEVER, EVER going to happen. Not in this lifetime.”