- Text Size +

Kat and Brenda spent the next few days boxing up her things while Nick and AJ looked after the boys. She had been given strict instructions that she could only pick up light things and clothes and pack them into boxes.

 “This is ridiculous!” Brenda said loudly, motioning to the every growing collection of boxes. “I hope there are no emergencies because you and I are going to be trapped here if these guys don’t move some stuff soon.”

 “I think we should carry some of the smaller ones downstairs.” Kat replied.

 “Are you nuts?” Brenda exclaimed. “AJ would kick my ass if he found out I let you move anything more than a hanger.”

 “It’s not like he’s going to know.”

“Seriously? He probably put cameras all over the place just to make sure you don’t pick up anything!”

 “Then let’s give him something to watch.” Kat said with a chuckle. “In all seriousness though, this stuff really needs to be moved. I can’t even pack anything else because there’s no more room.”

 “Ok but you’re dealing with his wrath if he catches us.”

 “He won’t. He and Nick took the boys to the park and then to get some ice cream.”

 “Are you sure because it looks like rain?” Brenda asked pointing out the window.

 “Yeah, it’ll be fine. Let’s just get some of the little ones down there and we can take a break.”

 They each picked up some of the lighter boxes and headed downstairs. Kat had just stepped off the last step when the door flew open. It was pouring out and she saw the boys run in followed by Nick and AJ. She saw the look on AJ’s face and knew she’d been caught.

 AJ’s jaw dropped. “What are you doing?”

 “Um, this one was in the way so I…”

 “She wouldn’t listen to me AJ. She insisted on bringing them down.” Brenda pleaded.

 “Thanks a lot.” Kat mumbled.

 AJ and Nick took the boxes away from Kat since Brenda had already put hers down.

 “You totally are the most pigheaded woman I know.” AJ said. “Do we need to tie you down to a chair?”

 “That’s a little kinky don’t you think?” Nick said with a laugh.

 “Get your mind out of the gutter Carter!”

 “Sorry J but you opened yourself up for that.”

 “Well do you think you could stop being a jackass for a minute and help me talk some sense into this one?”

 Nick turned to Kat and shook his finger at her. “Bad girl. Bad, bad girl.”

 Kat burst out laughing and AJ smacked Nick in the back of the head.

 “You’re a big frigging help!”

 “What? She loves you and if you can’t convince her, what am I supposed to do?”

 AJ shook his head and dragged Kat down the hall into the living room. Both boys were playing on the floor and he plunked her down on the couch.

 “Brenda can show us what needs to be moved and we’ll load some stuff into Nick’s truck and bring it over after the rain stops.”

 “But you need…”

 “You need to park your butt on this couch and don’t move. Play with Jake and Ryan or just sit and watch them. Do not let me catch you up at all!”

 “Ok, ok.”

 “Good. Let’s go.”

 Nick and Brenda followed AJ upstairs and Kat could hear them bringing things down from her room and the nursery. At least she could use this as an excuse to rest a little while.