- Text Size +

Kazie laid against Nick's side, their hands were intertwined. It was still rather early, and everyone was off doing their own thing either in the arena, or on their buses. Kazie still felt a little weird with Jon walking in on them, but for some reason, she trusted him when he promised what he saw would be kept only to himself.

"You gonna hang out here tonight again?" Nick asked. Kazie looked up.

"If you want my company, sure."

Nick smiled. "I always want your company."

"Can I ask you something?" Kazie asked.

"Of course."

"How long have you had a crush on me?" she asked, her voice full of curiosity.

"Let's see? The first time we met was at Brian and Leighanne's Christmas party in 2006, so 2006."

Kazie's eyes widened. "Really?!"

"Yeah, but you were 17. I was 26. You ARE Brian and Kevin's cousin. Plus, I was on again, off again in a relationship. How about you?"

"Huh?"

"How long have you had a crush on me?" Nick asked, scratching her arm gently.

"Oh, umm, well, I guess I was attracted to you the first time I saw you," Kazie said, as Nick's eyebrow raised.

"You guess?"

"Yeah. Well, no. I was attracted to you, but I never really put much thought into it. For the reasons you listed, more or less. I mean, whenever I would talk to Bri-Yah, or Kev, I'd ask about you. I suppose I've always just been their little cousin, so I never put much effort into it," she admitted it.

"Well, your last name may be Littrell, but you are your own person, Mackenzie. Don't let that shadow you." Kazie smiled, as Nick's phone went off. "Speak of the devil. Hi, Rok. Uh-huh. Yeah, she's with me. We had breakfast with some of the guys, now we're just watching YouTube clips of various dogs doing adorable things," Nick said, as Kazie tried not to laugh. "Okay. I'll see you in a few. Bye."

"Where ya going?" Kazie asked.

"They need us for press, or some shit. Who knows," Nick said, as the two got up. "He said you can either come, or go back to the bus, and hang."

"I'm gonna go back to the bus, and call my mom. She didn't answer earlier. Probably took Lucy for a walk or something," Kazie said, as they walked outside.

"I'll text you when I'm done?" Nick asked. Kazie nodded, and smiled. Nick leaned in, and kissed the top of her forehead. "See you in a bit."

"Bye. Let Bri know where I am, please?" she said, turning direction to her bus.

"You got it," Nick said, and with that, he disappeared to the back of the venue. 

Climbing into her bus, Kazie walked back to her bed, and laid down. Grabbing her iPad, she pulled up her emails, and sorted through them. As she went on a deleting frenzy, she heard a knock at the door. Setting it aside, she got up, and looked out to the window, to see Donnie standing there. Fixing her hair, and shirt, she ran, and opened up the door. 

"Hey!" she said, then realizing she sounded a little too enthusiastic.

"What's up?" he asked, placing one foot on the bottom of the step. He had on a pair of khaki cargo shorts, black and white Adidas high tops, his Run DMC shirt, and a backwards black baseball cap, along with his glasses.

"Nada. You?"

"Not too much. Where's the boys?" he asked, stretching his neck to look inside.

"Oh. They had press or something." Kazie motioned to the arena, and Donnie nodded. "Do you wanna come in?"

"Sure," Donnie grinned, and walked up the stairs. Taking a seat at the table, Kazie sat across on the couch. "How was your night?"

"Pretty good! Hung out with Nick for a bit. We watched one of Mark's movies!" she said.

"Oh yeah? Which one?"

"The Other Guys."

"Oh! One of my favorites. He can be funny when he wants to be," Donnie chuckled.

"Yeah. I love the tuna/lion dialouge between him and Will. I laugh every time," Kazie said, praying she didn't sound too dorky.

"He's awesome. I'm so glad he didn't wind up in jail his entire life," Donnie said.

"He was in jail?" Kazie gasped. "For what?"

"Long story. Growing up the Wahlberg brothers kinda went hand in hand with the cops of Dorchester. Do you maybe wanna get lunch or something later? I can tell you all about it."

Kazie's face lit up. "Sure! I'd love that!" Her voice was getting high pitched, indicting she was very excited. 

"Awesome," Donnie said, getting up. "Why don't you give me your number, and I'll text you in a bit. It's still kinda early, so maybe around noon?"

"Noon sounds great," Kazie said, as Donnie handed her his phone. She added her number to his contact list, and gave it back. 

"Alright. I'll text you in a bit. Gonna see what's around here that's good," he said.

"Okay, cool," she smiled, and felt her face turning red. 

"See you in a little while," he winked, as he walked out. Kazie waited to see him walk away before she broke into a happy dance.

"What do I wear?!" she thought, running to the back of the bus. "Something casual, but cute. Nothing too revealing! Although he has already seen me shirtless," she thought out loud.