- Text Size +
Nick and Kazie's near perfect date ended around 1am. By the time they got back to where their buses were stationed, it was almost 2. Nick had hinted at the idea of her sleeping on his bus, but Kazie decided against it, which Nick seemed fine with. Getting back to the buses, Nick gave her a long, passionate kiss goodnight, and watched to make sure she got back on the bus safely, even though he was standing right in front of the door. Kazie walked in, and blew him a kiss, closing the door behind him. The bus was dark, and quiet. Taking her cell phone out of her clutch for the first time since dinner, for light, she was greeted with eighteen text messages, from her friends wanting details, Brian wondering where they were, and Donnie asking if she was back yet. Using the phone as a flashlight, she began to walk back to the bus, as Brian sat up on the couch.

"AHHH!" she screamed, and hurled the phone at him.

"Ow," he grunted, holding his head where the phone bounced off of.

"Why are you sitting in the dark, you freak?!" Kazie shrieked, turning on the light.

"Because it's after two, and I'm tired."

"Well, I'm home now," Kazie said, sliding off her shoes. "Goodnight."

"Hey! Wait. How was it?" Brian asked, standing up, and stretching.

"A lot of fun. We had a really nice dinner, then went stargazing on a yacht!" Kazie said.

"Stargazing?" Brian squinted. "That code for something?"

"What is wrong with you?" Kazie turned and walked to the back of the bus. "GOODNIGHT!"

She waited for Brian to climb into his own bed, before she undressed, and threw on a pair of sweats, and a t-shirt. Washing the makeup off her face, she threw her hair up in a ponytail, brushed her teeth, and climbed into bed. Plugging her phone in its charger, she began going through her texts.

Vicky: How was it?! I want DETAILS!

Danielle: UMMM! Vicky said you and Nick are on a real date?! WTF?? TEXT ME!

Donnie: Still out with Carter?

Vicky: HELLOOOOO MACKENZIEEEEEEEE

Danielle: I'm at Starbucks wit Anna and Vicky and none of our phones are going off! We neeeeed to know what's going on!

Donnie: Guess so. Text me when you get back. I'll be up

Kazie sighed, and began to respond since she was still wide awake. She sent a group text to Anna, Danielle, and Vicky.

Just got home. Went to dinner at the most beautiful riverside restaurant, followed by a yacht ride! What?! Going to bed soon (in my OWN bed). Talk more tomorrow. Loveeeee ya. Mean it! XO

Anna: We've been waiting all night! And how we have to wait till tomorrow?! A yacht??

Yes, a yacht! It was awesome! Seriously. We'll talk more tomorrow. Go by Vick's and we can Skype.

Anna: Tease. Goodnight.

She then pulled up Donnie's text. Hey. Just got in. Had a really fun time. It was a great night. See you tomorrow?. Putting her phone on the floor, she turned off the light, not expecting a reply, since he texted her before midnight, but was surprised to hear her phone vibrate.

Glad you had a fun time. I stayed in, went over Blue Blood scripts, and tried to write. Boringggg. And yeah. I'll see you in the morning. Night."

Cool beans. Sleep well.

Putting her phone down for the last time, she put her ear buds in, and turned her iPod on shuffle. Closing her eyes, she tried to drift to sleep, but was still on her date high.

"Are you dating?" Kazie opened and eye, and looked up, yanking her ear bud out, to see Brian standing in the doorway.

"Huh?"

"Did he ask you to be his girlfriend?"

"No. Why?" Brian folded his arms across his chest. "What?! He didn't! At least those words weren't officially said. Can we please talk about this tomorrow?"

"Yes. Goodnight." Brian turned on his heels, and walked back to his bed. Kazie shook her head, put back in her ear buds, and tried once again to fall to sleep.