- Text Size +
Kazie woke up the next morning with a smile from ear to ear. Rubbing her eyes, she reached over to her phone to check the time. It was a little after ten, and she already had a text from Nick.

Morning, beautiful :) hope you slept well. I'm up, so feel free to come by the bus whenever you want. PS. Do we need to have a sit down with Rok?

Kazie sat upright, and began to reply.

Goooood morning! Just woke up. Gonna make myself look presentable. Be by in a few. And most likely... He already started to ask questions. Meh.

I'll be over in a few. And you don't need to make yourself look presentable. You're perfect.

Kazie smiled, and tossed her phone down. Could this really be happening? Could she REALLY be in a relationship with NICK CARTER?! Although to her, he was just NGC, her cousin's best friend. Who happened to be in the biggest boy band in history, but that was just a minor detail. Swinging her feet down on the small area rug, she slid on her slippers, and threw a sweatshirt on. Walking up to the front of the bus, Brian was reading the paper, sipping on some coffee.

"Morning, Bri-Yah," she said, grabbing her own mug, and pouring herself a cup.

"Morning, Kaz. Sleep well?" He didn't even peer up from the paper.

"I did. Yourself?" Sitting down, she folded her legs Indian style on the chair, and stirred some cream into the mug.

"Yep." Still no eye contact.

"What's your deal?" Kazie asked, blowing on the steam.

"A moonlight yacht ride?! Who does that?" Brian snapped, turning his head to her.

"Nick does." Brian sighed, and took a gulp of his coffee. "Brian, remember that chat we had yesterday? You know, the one that included Photo Bucket, a phone charger, and you TRUSTING ME AND NICK, and ACCEPTING US? Ring a bell?"

"Yes. Yes, it does," Brian said low, turning the page of the paper. Kazie reached over, and tore it from under him.

"Then yes, Brian. There was a dinner, and an apple tart dessert, and a yacht ride on the lake where we laid on two chairs, looked at the stars, and gave them stupid names. Then we came home. Him on his bus. Me on mine. Once again, 22 years old." Kazie tossed the paper onto the couch, and glared into Brian's eyes.

"That was uncalled for. I found that article interesting."

Kazie sighed. "Bri-Yah, please. He's coming on the bus to talk to you. Man to man."

As if on cue, there was a knock at the door, and Nick peeked his head in.

"Morning!" He walked up the stairs, and over to Kazie. Kissing her on the top of the head, he tapped Brian on the shoulder, then helped himself to some coffee.

"First my cousin, next my coffee," Brian mumbled.

"Oh, grow up!" Kazie said, getting up, and walking over to Nick. Throwing her arms around his neck, she leaned in, and gave him a long, passionate kiss, the sounds of Brian's gags filling the bus.

"So, I assume you spoke?" Nick looked at Kazie, then Brian, then back to Kazie.

"We did, and Brian is VERY accepting, aren't you Bri-Yah?"

"Hey, Kaz, would you mind if I spoke to Brian alone for a few?" Nick asked, draping his arms around her waist. Kazie gave him a quizzical look, then shrugged, and let go.

"Please, no blood shed," she said. "I'm going to say good morning to everyone else. There's some sort of pow-wow going on outside." She crept down, and looked out the window, to see Donnie, Joey, and AJ by the buses, chatting.

Walking out the door, Nick on the couch, across from Brian.

"Why are you busting our balls?"

"Because this is all very new to me, Nick. You need to understand where I'm coming from."

"And did you forget three girls named Bobbie-Jean, Leslie, and Angel?" Brian shook his head. "Yes, I know I'm 31, and she's 22, but don't you think that's even MORE reason NOT to worry? I have nothing but the up-most respect for her Brian, and you, and Kevin, and your families, and Kazie's father. But if you keep acting like this, she's going to becoming very resentful of you, and want to leave, and that's going to just cause a huge riff in your relationship. Not ours. I know this is a big adjustment, and that's why we're taking it slow. Tonight, we're just gonna hang out. She's gonna cook dinner. You're more than welcome to join us if that would help."

Brian shook his head again. "I do trust you, and her, and I know if her father had any picture of his ideal man for his little girl, he would resemble you quite a bit. I promise I'll ease up. She's just my baby cousin, and I can't let anything happen to her."

"I understand that, Frick. And nothing will. I would never make her feel uncomfortable, or in a situation where she feels like she needs to do something. I just love spending time with her. She really brings out a great side of me."

"She does. Alright," Brian stuck out his hand. "I'll behave. As long as you do!" Nick smirked, and shook Brian's hand. "I will behave! As long as I can anyway." Dropping Nick's hand, Brian took his right one, and smacked Nick in the back of the head. "Oww!"

"Pervert"