- Text Size +
Kazie lit the two candles in the center of the table, and smiled. She thinks the layout she created would do. There was a TJ Maxx in the complex the grocery store was in, so she ran in, and picked up a white table cloth, two dark green cloth napkins, and two decorative white candles, in glass pillars. Around them, she scattered a few of the flower petals from the bouquet Nick got her. Walking over to the store, she gave her chicken stir-fry a quick mix, then lowered the heat. Covering the pan, she'd let it simmer, while she ran to the back and got changed.

Brian and all the guys, sans Nick, went out to dinner. Brian couldn't pinpoint what time they'd be back, but he would try to give them as much privacy as he could. Walking to the back of the bus, she stripped off her grey sweats, and white tank top, and slid on a hot pink cotton spaghetti strap sundress. She blew dry her hair straight, and gave it another quick go-over with her flat iron she had plugged in, and heating. Grabbing her hand mirror, she checked her makeup, which she decided to go very light on; just a simple light pink shadow, a touch of eyeliner, and mascara, and a clear gloss. Unplugging her iron, she checked the time. Nick would be there any minute. Walking up to the kitchenette, she turned off the pan, and left the lid on. Looking around, she gave the room another glance, and nodded with satisfaction. Walking over to the sink, she turned it on, and ran her sweaty hands under the cool water, just as Nick walked inside.

"Hi babe," she said, turning off the faucet with her wrist, and grabbing a dish towel so dry them, as Nick leaned in, and kissed her. Pulling flowers from behind his back, he smiled. "More?? They're gorgeous!" Tonight's floral arrangement consisted of white calla lilies, and pink and purple hydrangeas. Taking them from him, she grabbed a pair of scissors from a drawer, cut off the excess stems, and added them to the vase wit last night's gift.

"It smells delicious in here. Can I help with anything?" Nick asked, hugging her.

"Nope! Dinner is all ready. Just gotta plate it." Kissing his lips quick, she walked over to the stove, and picked up the pot that contained the white rice she made. Nick grabbed the two white dishes, and held them out, as Kazie put two heaping piles on them. Opening the lid to the stir fry, a steam, and aroma smacked her face. Spooning a generous amount on each plate, she placed the spoon to rest against the pan, and they sat down. Nick twisted open a bottle of seltzer, and poured each a glass.

"This looks awesome, baby. Thank you." Picking up their glasses, they clanked them together, and drank.

"You're welcome. Hope you enjoy it."

"So, where did Rok and the boys go?"

Kazie chewed, and swallowed. "To dinner. He said he wasn't sure what time they'd be back, so he might wind up joining us."

"No big deal. As long as I'm spending time with you, I don't care who's with us."

Kazie felt her cheeks flush. "So, how was your day?"

Nick swallowed a mouthful of chicken and rice. "Good! Went for a long jog. Jotted down a few song ideas. Played some video games. How about you? I figured you were gonna be busy preparing this feast so I didn't wanna keep bugging you."

"One, this is far from a feast. And two, it was okay. Kinda just bummed around here. Went into town to go to the grocery store, and browsed around a few stores in the strip mall the store was in. Talked to my mom, and sister, and some friends from back home."

"Did you tell them about last night?"

"I did. They were very excited, and very jealous. Did you see the picture of us on twitter?"

Nick nodded. "I didn't know you spelled your name with a Y at the end."

"I don't." Kazie sighed. "My friend posted it on InstaGram. It's up to like 150 likes."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but her page is private, so I'm not too concerned. I mean, it's already viral, but whatevs."

Dinner finished, and the two cleaned up. Kazie washed. Nick dried. Putting the leftovers into containers, Kazie put everything in the fridge, as Nick sat down, and turned on the TV.

"I'm just gonna check my phone to see if mom text me. Find something good!" Walking to the back of the bus, she unplugged her phone, and turned it on.

Donnie Wahlberg: How's dinner going? Kazie smirked, and replied.

Pretty good. Made chicken stir fry and white rice. There's leftovers if you want any. How's your headache, and guys' night out?"

Donnie Wahlberg: Yum. Can't wait to try some. Headache is better. The nap helped. And it's okay. We just left. Should be back to the buses within the half hour.

Cool. See you later then. Kazie put the phone down, and walked back to the front. Sitting down, she snuggled up to Nick, and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Find anything good?"

"Full House, Chopped, Ghost Adventures." Nick scrolled through the guide.

"Ghost Adventures!" Kazie cheered. "I love this kind of shit!"

"Oh yeah. You won't get scared?" Nick nudged her in the side.

"Noooo, but if I do, you're here, silly!"

"True." Nick shifted, and laid down; Kazie following his actions. Wrapping his arm tight around her, she sighed, and smiled to herself.

"You hear from Bri?"

"No. Donnie checked in though. He said they should be back within the hour."

"I didn't know you and Donnie were so close." Was that jealousy in Nick's voice? She couldn't tell.

"Yeah, I mean, I figured since I'm stuck with you guys for two months, I might as well bond with everyone. Things will be easier when Leighanne gets here in a few weeks. At least I'll have a little more estrogen on board."

"Oh, so you think you're stuck with us?" Nick started to tickled her.

"No! No! Nick! I'm gonna pee!" She cracked up, and rolled over on her stomach. Nick climbed on top of her, and continued to tickle her sides. Burying her head in a pillow, Kazie felt the tears stream down her face from laughter. Turning around, she looked up at Nick, and wiped her eyes. "I swear! If I pee on this couch, Bri-Yah will kill us both!"

"Yes, I know," Nick smiled, and looked down at her. Grabbing the back of his head, Kazie pulled his head down, and began to kiss him. Nick shifted his weight a bit, and parted her mouth with his tongue. Kazie grabbed a handful of hair, and kissed him harder. She smiled through their kiss, as she felt Nick poke her in her thigh. Nick ran his hands down her side, then onto her smooth legs, which she wrapped around his leg. Lost in their own paradise, they didn't even hear Brian walk in.

"Oh Jesus Christ!" Breaking apart, they whipped their heads to the right, and saw Brian standing there, with his hands covering his eyes.

"Hi Frick. How was dinner?" Nick asked, grinning.

Taking one hand off, he pointed to the door. "Get out." Kazie and Nick burst into laughter, and Nick rested his head on Kazie's shoulder. "You could at least get off of her!"

"Uh, I can't just yet," Nick said. Brian looked at his in disgust.

"Sad puppies! Your grandmother naked! Someone breaking your X-Box!" Kazie chanted.

"There you go!" Nick said, pushing himself off of her.

"Out! Leave my bus!" Brian said, as Nick walked up to him, and gave him a big hug.

"She made stir fry!"

"Oh, good for her," Brian sat down on the couch, and checked the cushions. "Just making sure." Kazie rolled her eyes, and sat up, and shoved her big cousin.

"PERV!"