- Text Size +

Kazie walked out of her bedroom, with a William Paterson hoodie on over the infamous dropped t-shirt, and down the hall, into the living room.

"Here she is," Brian said, standing up. "Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce my cousin, Mackenzie."

"You can call me Kazie. Hi." She gave a small wave, and felt her cheeks turning red.

"Very nice to meet you, uh, Kazie you said?" Jordan Knight said, stepping to her.

"Yes. Likewise," she said, as he leaned in to kiss her cheek.

"I'm Jordan. So happy to have you with us. And this is Danny Wood, my brother Jonathan, Joey McIntyre, and Donnie Wahlberg," he said, pointing to the rest.

"We, um, met, briefly. Hi. I am SO sorry about that," Donnie said, walking over and holding his hand out. Kazie took his hand into her right, while crossing her left arm over her chest.

"Think nothing of it. Nice to meet you," she said, trying not to make eye contact.

"Did we miss something?" Nick asked.

"Umm, Donnie thought my room was the bathroom, and just startled me. No harm done," Kazie said, letting go of his hand. The rest came up, and introduced themselves, and Kazie pulled out the chair to the dining room table, and sat.

"Okay, let's get tomorrow figured out," Danny said, reaching into his briefcase, and pulling out a binder. Opening it, he scanned the page. "Okay, so tomorrow, around noon we're going to head over to the arena, and...."

Kazie started spacing out, and glanced over at Nick. Nick turned to her, and closed his eyes, and began to pretend to snore. Opening them, he smiled at her. Kazie smiled back, and once again, felt her cheeks warm up.

"Calm the F down!" she scolded herself in her head.

"That sound good, Kaz?" Danny's deep voice broke her thoughts.

"Yep!" she said, looking up, and smirking.

"Okay. You'll have your own copy of this tomorrow, but just wanted you to be on the same page," he explained.

"Gotcha."

"Well, I think that about covers it. Gentlemen, drinks?" Joey said, getting up.

"I think our bar has a club soda with my name on it," AJ said, also rising.

"You coming, Kaz? Our floor has a private bar area down the hall," Brian said, motioning with his thumbs to his right.

"Nahh. I'm really tired, so I'm just gonna chill back here. Have fun though!" she said, stretching.

"If it's cool, I'm gonna stay back too," Nick said. "That plane ride still has my stomach a little funky." Brian glared at him, then at Kazie, then back at him. "Relax!" Nick said, low.

"You touch her, we'll be short a blonde heartthrob," Brian said.

"Bri-Yah!" Kazie said, getting up. "Nick's known me since I was like, a fetus!"

"Elw!" the guys said, in unison.

"On THAT NOTE! See ya later. Kaz, text if you need anything. We won't be too long," Brian said.

"Bye, Kazie! See you in the morning," Donnie called, as they filed out. He turned, and gave her a warm smile. "Later, Carter."

"Bye, Wahlberg," Nick called, checking his phone.

An awkward silence took over the room.

"Sooooo. I um, got some Tums if ya want," Kazie said, finally filling the room with sound.

"Do you? That'd be great! I completely wrecked our bathroom twice already," Nick said, getting up.

"TMI," Kazie said, scrunching her nose. "Be right back," she said, running to her room, then returning with the bottle.

"Thanks. You're a life saver," Nick said, unscrewing it, and taking out two pastel colored tablets.

"No worries," Kazie said, placing the bottle back on the dining room table.

"So, how come we call you Kazie? That's usually not a nickname for Mackenzie." Nick said, sitting back on the couch.

"When I was a baby, my older sister couldn't pronounce my name correctly, so instead of 'Mackenzie' or 'Kenzie' it would come out 'Kazie', so it just stuck," Kazie explained.

"Cute. How much older is she?" Nick asked.

"Two and a half years. She lives out in Colorado with her husband, and two sons. They're a year and a half year old identical twins."

"Really? That's cool. Do you see them often?"

"Not in person. We Skype every Sunday. It's hard living out in New Jersey."

"Do you like it?"

"I do! I didn't know if I would, but it's not bad. It's really not all Jersey Shore. I promise!" Kazie laughed.

"So you don't "GTL", huh?" Nick asked, with a chuckle.

"Can't say I do!"

Nick and Kazie spent the next hour chatting. As much as she was enjoying the conversation, she began to feel her eyes get heavy, and her words muffled with yawns.

"I'm gonna get going, so you can go to bed," Nick said, getting up.

"Thanks. I'm sorry I'm no fun," Kazie said, getting up, then falling forward.

"Whoa! Nick said, dashing over, and helping her up. "You okay?"

Kazie started to laugh, as Nick pulled her back on her feet. "MY FOOT IS ASLEEP!" she said, hopping on it. Nick laughed, watching her.

"As long as you're good," he said, letting her go.

"Just very delusional right now. I need bed."

"Well, then, thank you for the Tums, and keeping me company," Nick said, leaning in, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"What time again?" Kazie asked, as they walked to the door.

"We have to be ready by 11. Didn't you listen to a word Dan said?" Nick joked, as he opened the door. Kazie raised her eyebrows, and stared. "Didn't think so."

"I'll see ya tomorrow," Kazie said, as he walked out. "Have a good one."

"You too. Lock the door. Brian will kill me if you get kidnapped."

"I will! Night," Kazie said, shutting the door.

"I don't hear the lock turning," Nick called, from the other side. Kazie shook her head, as she turned the lock. "That's better. Night!" Laughing quietly to herself, Kazie walked down to her room. She walked into the bathroom, and pulled her hair back into a high bun. Washing her face, and brushing her teeth, she took out her contacts, and turned off the light. Climbing into bed, she covered herself with the blanket, as she turned off the lamp on the nightstand next to her. Closing her eyes, she began to drift off into an almost immediate sleep.