- Text Size +

"And, I'll have the turkey and bacon club, please? No mayo, tomato, or lettuce. So bascially, just turkey, bacon, and toast," Kazie said, handing their server her menu.

"Wow, you're a boring eater," Jonathan joked, taking a sip of his water. Their server smiled, and walked off.

"So," Donnie said, turning his attention to her. "Tell us about yourself."

"Whatcha wanna know?" Kazie said, crunching down on an ice cube.

"Whatever you wanna share."

"Okay. I was 22 in January. I'm going to be a senior starting in the fall, as a communications major. Um, I'm an Aquarius. I currently live in New Jersey," Kazie said.

"Any siblings?" Jonathan asked.

"An older sister. She lives out in Colorado with her husband and kids. Um, what else? My favorite color is purple. My favorite season is fall. I'm single," she said, glaring at Donnie out of the corner of her eye. 

"Really? Why's that?" Donnie asked, feeling Jonathan's eyes pierce through him.

"Believe it or not, I haven't really dated since moving up here. I've had a few guys I've seen, but nothing serious," she said, stirring the straw in her Diet Coke. "How about you guys?"

Donnie shook his head. "Nope. My divorce was finalized three years ago. I've casually dated since, but nothing serious."

"I have a partner," Jonathan said.

"Oh yay! Will he be joining us on tour?" Kazie asked.

"No. He'll probably be at our Boston show though," Jonathan replied.

"Gotcha. Well, I look forward to hopefully meeting him," Kazie smiled.

"Where did you get your nickname from?" Donnie asked.

"My sister couldn't say my nane when I was a baby, so she called me Kazie and it stuck," she explained.

"It's cute," he smiled. "So, what do plan to do with your degree?" 

"My ultimate goal is to write for either Cosmo, or Rolling Stone. I know, kinda two opposite ends of the spectrum, but they're the two magazines I've always read."

"Do you have your cousins' cover of RS?" Jon asked, as their server put their food down.

"Thank you," Kazie said, as her plate was placed down. "And of course. Every cover they've ever been on we have."

"Was it hard growing up because of them when you were younger?" Donnie asked, cutting a piece of his sandwich.

Taking a bite of her own, Kazie chewed, and nodded. "Not hard, as much annoying, if that makes sense. The first thing out of anyone's mouth when they hear my last name is 'Omigod! Are you related to Brian? Omigod! Do you know the Backstreet Boys?' Like, yes, I'm their cousin. No, I can't get you backstage passes. No, you can't come to Thanksgiving dinner."

"We know that feeling," Jonathan said.

"I mean, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't change anything in the world! I'm so proud of them, and all their success. And when they come home, they're like Kevin the Backstreet Boy, Brian, the Backstreet Boy. They're my Kev and Bri-Yah," she said with a smile.

"Are you excited to be on tour with us?"

"Like, you can't even imagine! I started to cry when Brian called me," Kazie said, wiping her mouth. "I mean, one because this is an awesome first hand experience for my career, but more so because I never see them! Which is totally understandable, but I miss them."

"Did they live near you in Kentucky?" Donnie asked.

"Yep! Brian actually lived six houses away, so I basically saw him all the time when I was little."

A little more chit chat went on, as they finished up their lunch. Before they knew it, it was already almost 4 o'clock. Paying, they got up, and went back to their car. Jonathan jumped in the back once more, resulting in Donnie shooting him a dirty look. Kazie didn't notice, taking out her phone, and texting Nick.

"Hello, NGC. We're on our way back."

"Sup MKL. Cool. We're gonna head to the arena for M&G soon. Maybe after the show, we can watch a movie on the bus, or play some video games?"

Kazie smiled. "Sounds good. See you in a bit. Can you let B know we're OUW back?"

"You got it. See you soon." Kazie slid her phone back in her bag, and looked out the window. She was sitting in a car with two members of the hottest group of the late 80s/early 90s, and now tonight, she was going to hang out with one of the biggest heart throbs in history, on top of seeing her cousins tear up the stage. This seriously couldn't be real life.