- Text Size +

The energy backstage as the audience was counting down what they really came to the arena for was insane. Nothing like Kazie had ever experienced before. People running around, double and triple checking batteries in mics, wardrobe rolling their racks in the wings for quick changes, waters and Gatorades being lined up on a table right by the stairs. Now she knew what they meant by "performance anxiety" because she herself was starting to experience it.

"Kaz, the guys want you for their energy circle," Q called to Kazie. Kazie put down the magazine she was reading, and walked briskly to the entrance of the stage.

"Okay, guys. Bring it in!" AJ commanded. Kazie squeezed her way next to Nick, and smiled. Smiling back, he took her hand, catching Kazie off guard.

"We hold hands during our circle. Do you mind?" he asked.

"No, not at all," she said, with a small grin. On the opposite side of the circle, Donnie glared over at the site he was witnessing, but quickly shook it off.

"Okay. Opening night, fellas! Let's give these sexy ass people what they came here for!" AJ yelled, then was replied with cheers.

"Heavenly Father, we thank You for getting our fans here safely, and ask that you return them back to their homes safely. Thank You for this opportunity You have granted us. Please keep everyone involved on this tour safe. Please make sure our fans enjoy themselves for the next two and a half hours. And on behalf of Kevin, and myself, thank you for allow Mackenzie to be a part of history," Brian said. Kazie felt her eyes well up with tears, and tried blinking them away. "In Your precious name, we pray. Amen"

"Amen" everyone in the circle said. 

"HANDS IN!" Donnie yelled, as everyone put their hands in the center. "WHAT TIME IS IT?" 

"SHOWTIME!" everyone yelled, as they lifted their hands, then all exchanged hugs.

"Break legs, guys!" Kazie said, giving everyone a hug. Donnie walked over, and gave her a tight squeeze. "Have fun, Don!"

"Promise you'll watch?" he asked, as they parted.

"Pinky promise," she said, holding out her hand. They locked pinkies, and smiled. "See ya later." Turning, she ran to her cousins.

"HAVE FUN! BREAK LEGS!" she exclaimed, jumping into Brian's arms. Giving her a huge hug, he picked her up.

"I am SO thankful you're here with us," he said, as she held him tight.

"Me too. I just wish Kevin was here," she said, as he put her down.

"Me too, but we'll make him proud tonight," Brian said. Ruffling her hair, he pulled him his mic. "See you in a bit!"

"Knock them dead!" she called, as Brian ran up the stairs.

"So, we'll hang later?" Nick said, as he approached the stairs where she was standing.

"Yeah! Definitely!" she said, eagerly.

"Cool." Leaning in, he gave her a gentle kiss on her cheek. "See you later."

"Bye, NGC. Have fun," she said, feeling her cheeks get hot. The nine men took their places, and before she knew it, her ears were filled with a roar she never heard before.

 

Three hours later, Kazie sat on the couch in the tour bus she was sharing with Brian. He was in the shower, and she was texting some of her friends from college and home, to tell them about tonight. Incredibly exhausted, but still on a complete adrenline rush from the show, she was contemplating on going to bed or not. Her decision was made when she saw Nick's name appear across her screen.

"What's up?" 

"Nothing. Brian is in the shower. I'm just hanging."

"Wanna come by me?"

"Sure. Lemme tell Brian. Which bus is yours again?"

"I'm parked next to yours"

"Cool. I gotta wait for Brian to get out. Be over in a few."

 

Kazie got up off the couch, and walked back to where her sleeping area was. Grabbing her WPU hoodie, she put it on over her white wife beater. She had on a pair of zebra print shorts, and white flip flops. Her dirty blonde hair air dried, giving it a beach look. She had on no makeup, and smelled faintly of Dove soap, Coconut shampoo, and baby powder deodorant. Walking over to the bathroom, she knocked on the door.

"Bri-Yah?" she called. Brian opened the door, as he was pulled over a t-shirt.

"What's up?"

"Nothing. I'm gonna go hang on Nick's bus, okay?"

Brian's eyes narrowed. "You do know it's a bus, not a hotel room. It moves."

"So?"

Brian crossed his arms. "Can you come back on our first stop?"

"That depends. Are you gonna call the driver and tell him to stop in twenty minutes?" Brian blinked. "Thought so. Bri, he's your best friend. I highly doubt he would try anything with me, and if he did, so what? I'm an adult!" she said, throwing her hands up.

"You're 22, and you're my responsibility," Brian stated.

"I know, which is why neither him NOR I would disrespect you. I haven't seen him in forever, you're about to go to bed, and I'm not tired yet. First rest stop stop, I'll come back. I promise," Kazie said.

"Fine," Brian sighed. "Keep your phone charged in case I need to contact you," Kazie kissed her cousin's cheek.

"I will. I'll see you in a bit," she said, and with that she was off her bus, making her way onto Nick's.