- Text Size +

We pulled up to a beautiful house. I glanced over at him and he smiled.

 

 

 

            “Are we at your house?” I questioned him.

 

 

 

            “Yup,” he replied getting out motioning me to as well.

 

 

 

            “Don’t you think it is a bad idea to let a stranger into your house?” I asked as I stepped out and followed him to the front door.

 

 

 

            “You look harmless enough and besides, do you really want to be hounded by paparazzi?” he glanced over his shoulder at me as he opened his door.

 

 

 

            “Wouldn’t be my first time,” I mumbled and entered the beautiful, modern, Spanish home.

 

 

 

            He gave me a strange look as he led me into the kitchen.

 

 

 

            “Do you have any food allergies that I need to know about?”

 

 

 

            “Nope, not at all,” I said sitting on a bar stood.

 

 

 

His kitchen was huge and beautifully done with black and grey marble. He opened his fridge getting out a pitcher of orange juice and poured me some in a glass he took out of the freezer. I sipped the refreshing juice as he got things out of his fridge and pantry to start cooking.

 

 

 

“Do you need some help?” I offered watching him.

 

 

 

He turned and smiled at me.

 

 

 

“No you just relax. I need to make up for my rudeness.”

 

 

 

I gave a strained smile and hopped off the stool. Slipping off my shoes and carrying my juice, I walked to the massive glass French doors. I admired his backyard. He came up behind me a few minutes later.

 

 

 

“Why are you here?” He asked gently.

 

 

 

I turned to him leaning on the doorframe.

 

 

 

“You invited me over for breakfast.”

 

 

 

“No I mean, why are you in Madrid by yourself?”

 

 

 

“Who said I am here alone?”

 

 

 

“I can just tell.”

 

 

 

I shied away uncomfortably. I wasn’t about to spill my humiliating guys to this guy I knew but didn’t. My mouth watered smelling the cooking food. I slipped out from under his arm and went to stir what was in the pan.

 

 

 

“Ok how about we start with an easy question. What is your name?” he asked leaning against the bar now.

 

 

 

I looked at him surprised and then relieved. He didn’t know who I was. This could work out well to my advantage. I considered making up a name but figured the truth should be safe.

 

 

 

“AJ McKenzie,” I finally answered.

 

 

 

His face scrunched up cutely.

 

 

 

“That sounds familiar. Isn’t there an actress by that name?”

 

 

 

I sighed.

 

 

 

“Yeah.”

 

 

 

He looked at my face, my expression and decided to drop it.

 

 

 

“The food should be ready,” he said grabbing two plates.

 

 

 

“Why were you at the field so early?” I asked him, my turn for questions now.

 

 

 

His cheeks reddened.

 

 

 

“My girlfriend and I broke up. I wanted to go shoot some balls to try to let go of some stress.”

 

 

 

“Oh I’m sorry to have interrupted. You didn’t invite me here to make her jealous or anything did you?”

 

 

 

He shook his head carrying over the plate with fried potatoes and fluffy eggs.

 

 

 

“No way, no romance for me any time soon,” he declared setting a plate before me.

 

 

 

I took a bite, it was so good, he was an amazing cook. We sat across from each other eating in silence. I was dizzy with jet lag and so tired both emotionally and physically. I could feel the tears building up again.

 

 

 

“Could you excuse me for a bit please?” I begged softly getting to my feet.

 

 

 

“The bathroom is down the hall on the left, third door,” he instructed.

 

 

 

I nodded, head down and found it. I shut the door feeling faint. I ran the cold water and splashed my face then gripped the sink. Taking some deep breaths, I tried to calm down. When I opened the door, Xabi stood waiting his face showing his worry.

 

 

 

“Sorry,” I whispered.

 

 

 

“Sometimes it helps to talk. Won’t you talk to me?” he asked not pushy.

 

 

 

“Can we finish eating first?” I asked trying to put it off.

 

 

 

He hesitated then took my hand.

 

 

 

“Sure.”

 

 

 

We finished the meal and I did the dishes waving off his help. He made cups of coffee and had them ready as I finished. I dried my hands and accepted a cup adding milk and sugar than we sat on his couch in his living room. I tucked me feet under me and took a sip of coffee.

 

 

 

“Do you like the Twilight books and movies?” I began looking at him.

 

 

 

He smirked.

 

 

 

“No not really. No offense,”

 

 

 

I smiled and set down the cup.

 

 

 

“As you may or may not have figured out already, I play the main character Bella in the films. We have done Twilight and New Moon.”

 

 

 

He watched me with a smile. I felt myself smile back. He was so different from the guy I had met earlier.

 

 

 

“Anyway, the actor who plays the character Jacob, and I got closer. Taylor Lautner, not sure if you heard of him. We were friends first as we met for Twilight and then he and I are the leads for New Moon, we got even closer. Well right at the end of filming New Moon, we decided to get married. It felt so right. I was head over heels, madly in love with him,” I said looking at my lap.

 

 

 

The feelings I had had for him made me blind to other things.

 

 

 

“So you are married?” Xabi asked.

 

 

 

I laughed bitterly.

 

 

 

“Nope. Not married,” I answered looking at him.

 

“Is this where I get the tissues?”

 

 

 

I sighed.

 

 

 

“Probably. Anyway the planning went perfectly, and when my wedding day came I was so happy. We got married, the whole cast was there, it was better than the wedding Stephenie Meyer wrote in Breaking Dawn,” I said wistfully.

 

 

 

We both shifted knowing now was the ugly part. I looked at him took a deep breath and continued.

 

 

 

“So during filming I didn’t realize Taylor was dating Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift. I thought it was just me. After the wedding at the reception I looked all over for him. I was so confused. Where the heck could he be? I walk into the bathroom and there he is with his pants around his ankles locked around Taylor Swift.”

 

 

 

“You have got to be kidding me!” Xabi exclaimed.

 

 

 

“Wish I were but yeah, my brand new husband of two hours was already cheating on me. He claimed he didn’t know better, that he was young. Well I stormed out of the bathroom and sent everyone home. The cast became furious at him, especially his sister, my best friend Rachel who plays Alice in the movies.”

 

 

 

Xabi winced feeling my pain and took a drink of his coffee. I took a sip as well.

 

 

 

“So then, I got the marriage annulled, started packing everything and here I am!”

 

 

 

Xabi’s eyes widened. He leaned forward choking on his coffee.

 

 

 

“It just happened recently?”

 

 

 

I nodded.

 

 

 

“Four days ago to be exact.”

 

 

 

He shook his head.

 

 

 

“No wonder you are so emotional. You are so strong chica,” he commented.

 

 

 

I sighed. Strong? I was sobbing all the time; I had run away from home. I was humiliated and felt like I was dying. Xabi shifted and wrapped his strong arms around me, I lowered my head to his chest and once again, I was a sobbing mess.

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you like the chapter