- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you guys enjoy the update!!
Brian heard Nick crying from his bunk and part of him wanted to go comfort him....wrap him in a hug. He was halfway out of his bunk when he changed his mind, remembering the fight earlier that month.

He knew he was being an ass, but he felt Nick brought it on himself with the attitude he had.

"He'll learn one day." he muttered to himself as he rolled over to sleep, putting a pillow over his ears to muffle out Nick's crying.


"Has anyone seen Nick?"

The bus had stopped at the next venue and the road crew wad beginning to unload the parts of the stage....but Nick was nowhere to be found.

"Probably off crying somewhere. Like usual. All that kid does is cry." AJ laughed, looking around and waiting for a response, but nobody else did.

"That isn't funny, AJ. I wish I knew what was going on in his head." Howie said, shaking his head as AJ rolled his eyes. He opened his mouth but Kevin put up his hand.

"AJ, save it. We have sound check at three so someone better find him! I swear I am going to have grey hair before the tour is over." he stated.

"You're already halfway there..." AJ snorted. Kevin just walked away in frustration, he hated that he could hardly talk to AJ anymore....it seemed like they were always butting heads. Well , to be fair everyone was. Kevin finally found Nick outside the perimiter of the crew area, smoking a cigatette.

Well, he hoped it was a cigarette.

"Nick!!"

At the sound of his name, Nick cursed and tossed it to the ground, stomping to put it out. He needed the cigarette and it was his last one, one of the few things that calmed him down lately. A lot of things were going through his head and Kevin had interrupted them. Nick even thought for a moment about telling him what had happened...but he thought better of it.

None of them cared. They were all more worried about AJ and Nick felt like his BSB family was falling apart in front of his eyes.

"I already saw it, you know." Kevin smirked knowingly. Nick shrugged and looked at the ground feeling embarrassed as Kevin laid into him about the dangers of smoking.

Nick half listened but his mind was somewhere else, and all the lecture did was piss him off. He wished he had more weed, it made everything more tolerable. He chuckled to himself, wondering what Kevin would be like if he smoked pot.

"Nick are you even listening?" he asked. Nick was already heated so instead of walking away, his mouth had other plans.

"Seriously Kevin-I know all of that crap already, you say this shit to me every day and you sound like a fucking broken record. I don't give a crap what it does, nobody would care if anything happened to me anyway." Nick shot at him, brushing past the stage hands setting up the equipment.

"Hey, now that isn't true and you know it." Kevin called after him, grabbing his arm. Nick pulled it away before storming off.

"Whatever...."

Brian looked on, not surprised in the least. Nick was probably headed to the bus to drown himself in Twinkies or something.

"A lot of help you were. You could have tried talking to him too,  you know." Kevin snapped.

"Talk? Kev, in case you haven't noticed...he won't even look at me anymore. So you explain what talking will do. He is in one of those The World VS Nick moods. He'll be fine before the show, he always bounces back." Brian said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Hey, where did you guys want this set up? Steve sent me over."

Kevin looked up at the new stage hand and smiled at the man carrying the microphone stand. He was about Brian's height...buff and with stubble on his chin.

"What is your name, I don't think I have seen you before."

"Russ." the roadie smiled, holding out a hand for Kevin to shake.

Kevin smiled again and almost laughed, it was a trick the older guys played on the newer guys as an initiation.

"Tell Steve he won't get you this time and I'll see him later."  he said before heading off in search for some coffee, Brian following.


Russell smiled to himself, it had been too easy getting this job....he thanked his cousin Manny for helping. He didn't need to know that he had even been in prison, but it had worked like a charm. All was falling into place, he would avenge Chloe soon enough. He just needed time to think of a plan.