- Text Size +
“You’re chicken!” Alex taunted Lyric, making clucking noises as he circled her, flapping his arms like wings.

“Am not!”

“Are too! And I’ll even make a wager on it.”

“You’re on! What’s your bet?” Lyric didn’t like it when Alex teased her, and she saw a way to shut him up once and for all.

“You win, and I can’t tease you for two months. I win, and you get a tattoo. You pick what you want, but I pick where you get it.”

Lyric hesitated, she was deathly afraid of needles. But she felt confident in her ability to win this bet and agreed to the conditions.

“Ok, you gotta do it tonight though coz I want to see,” Alex said, grinning. They were sitting in Howie’s kitchen, drinking iced tea and eating fresh chocolate chip cookies Lyric had just baked.

“But…” Lyric was trying to formulate a plan in her mind and having to do the deed that night didn’t give her much time.

“No buts – I have to be here to keep you from lying.” Lyric didn’t like the smirk on his face. “And I fly out day after tomorrow for a week in Florida with my mom, so we have to do it tonight.”

Lyric sighed. Alex got her in trouble with Howie all the time, he was always stirring things up between them.

“Alright – here’s the plan. You and I are gonna hide in Howie’s closet and when they come home, we’ll be able to settle this bet.”

Later that evening, the two huddled behind Howie’s pants hanging on the lower bar in his closet. He’d been out partying with his friends and came home drunk as usual. Howie staggered first into the bathroom and then into the closet, where he changed into sleep pants and a t-shirt. It had been easy to stay out of sight, Howie hadn’t even turned on the light.

“Not long now,” Alex whispered, Lyric hushed him.

“Coming to bed, lover?” Hilary called. They could just see the bed from their vantage point, peeking out from behind the clothes.

But it wasn’t Howie that joined Hilary in bed – it was Orchid. Before too long, the two were locked in a loving embrace. Howie hadn’t been invited to join them – he stood and watched them for a moment and then left the room, pulling the door closed behind him.

“I told you he wasn’t sleeping with them!” Alex hissed triumphantly in her ear. Lyric was stunned, she had been absolutely sure of winning. But in her heart of hearts, she was glad she had lost. She never liked the idea of Howie sleeping with the tarts, she was going to have to reassess her opinion on his taste in women. And she wondered why he was keeping up the deception.

It wasn’t long before the two women passed out in bed and the two voyeurs crawled from their hiding place. Howie was asleep on the couch; Lyric draped a soft throw over him before sneaking out of the house.

“Tomorrow we go get a tatt,” Alex said, grinning, as they climbed into their cars.

Lyric was true to her word, she met Alex at his house the next afternoon. Her stomach was queasy, she hadn’t slept much the night before.

“Scared?” Alex asked, seeing the look on her face.

“Yes, terrified – I hate needles! But I made a bet and lost.”

“Here, take a sip of this to ease your nerves.” He handed her a small flask, the liquid burned as it went down, but it did relax her. Alex drove her to his favorite local tattoo parlor and introduced her to Wulfe, a seriously scary looking man whose every inch of exposed skin was covered in body art. She tried to count the piercings and gave up after a dozen.

“So, what will it be?” the artist asked. Lyric had thought about it all night and knew just what she wanted.

“A butterfly,” she said, and handed him the tiny drawing she had brought with her. “And Alex, I want it somewhere it won’t be seen – maybe on the back of my neck?”

“Really?” Alex asked when he saw her graphic, the DLF butterfly logo. “Why this?”

“I don’t have to explain myself to you,” she said fiercely.

“Ok, don’t get all huffy about it,” Alex said. He turned to Wulfe. “Go ahead and put it on the back of her neck, up near the hairline. The lady doesn’t want anyone to see your wonderful artwork.”

Lyric stuck her tongue out at him. “Don’t stick it out if you don’t want to share it,” Alex warned. It was a running joke with them, Lyric had picked up the habit as a child.

Lyric took another big gulp from the flask and then settled on the table, preparing for the worst. It hurt at first but then got numb, it was over before she knew it. The tattoo wasn’t much bigger than a nickel, the outline of a butterfly done in purple ink.

“Alex, you know I have a minimum,” Wulfe said. “I feel like I’m ripping you off, dude, this tatt is so small. I could give her another small one, won’t cost anything more.”

“I don’t think she wants another one,” Alex mused out loud.

“Ok,” Lyric said, surprising them both. “You pick, Alex – anything you want, anywhere you want – just so no one can see it unless I’m naked.”

Alex grinned, this was an unexpected bonus. He knew Lyric was tipsy, and he didn’t want to take advantage of her – but this was too good to pass up. The fellas would be talking about this for a long time.

Alex had a whispered conversation with the tattoo artist, who made a quick sketch and showed it to Alex for his approval.

“That’s perfect,” he agreed. “On her right hip.” Alex pulled Lyric’s short dress up to reveal lace panties, which he moved out of the way, being careful not to reveal anything intimate to the artist as he worked.

Lyric didn’t say a word as work began on her second tattoo. Her eyes were closed but Alex could tell she was still conscious. Wulfe wouldn’t have agreed to do the tattoos if Lyric was too drunk to know what was going on.

“Do you love him?” Alex asked out of the blue, startling Lyric.

“That is none of your damn business,” she said.

“So that’s a yes,” Alex said softly. “Has he ever kissed you?”

“Maybe.”

Alex leaned over and whispered in her ear. “Has he made love to you, sweetheart?”

Lyric shook her head. “No,” she said softly. He could read the regret in her beautiful face.

“I had a feeling you’d fallen for him, my little buttercup.” He leaned in closer. “How does he feel about you?”

“You need to ask him that question,” she said. “We have an unspoken agreement to ignore whatever we feel,” she said as Wulfe put the finishing touches to her tattoo.

“What about you, Alex? Want to add to your collection today?” Wulfe asked as he wiped away the extra ink from Lyric’s hip, carefully covered the new tattoo with a piece of Saran Wrap, and pulled the dress down.

“No, not today. I better get her home before she passes out.” Alex paid for the tattoos and helped Lyric out to the car, she was more inebriated than he thought.

When they got back to his house, he carried her inside and laid her on the bed in one of his spare bedrooms. He had no intention of letting her leave, drunk as she was, so he went to his room to get her a t-shirt to sleep in.

“Howie said you’re a lightweight when it comes to drinking. I see he meant it,” Alex said as he returned. He stopped in surprise as he came through the doorway, Lyric was sitting up in bed with only her panties on.

“Is it ok if I sleep here tonight? I shouldn’t drive home like this, I think I’m drunk,” she admitted.

“Of course it’s ok.” He handed her the shirt and then turned to leave, hoping that she’d cover herself before it was too late.

“Come lay down with me, k? I don’t want to sleep alone…” She patted the bed next to her. Alex hesitated but then gave in to his baser instincts.

It was nearly impossible to resist her, but Alex tried his best. He knew Lyric loved Howie, knew Howie had feelings for her as well. He’d seen the way the boy looked at her when she didn’t know it.

“One kiss won’t hurt,” he told himself, unable to look away from Lyric’s deep blue eyes. He captured her lips, they were soft and inviting. Her mouth tasted of fine aged Scotch, he felt himself getting drunk on the taste of her.

“Dear lord,” he exclaimed as his hands found the silken softness of her breasts. Lyric moaned as he suckled her, tasting first one taut nipple and then the other. He never could resist a nearly naked woman.

His hand moved of its own accord down her flat stomach, then between her legs. He slipped his fingers beneath her panties, she was hot and wet. Lyric moaned as he slid a finger into her, arching her hips against his hand.

Alex captured her mouth again, kissing her deeply while he pleased her. It didn’t take long to bring her to climax, she shuddered as waves of pleasure washed over her.

“Oh Howie, I love you,” she whispered, then passed out in Alex’s arms.

“Howie doesn’t know what he’s missing,” he said to himself, climbing from the bed before he lost all of his scruples. “I may be a player, but I won’t betray my brother.” He pulled the comforter over her and walked from the room, ignoring the throbbing in his nether region.

Lyric woke with a blinding headache and stumbled to the bathroom for the aspirin she knew Alex kept in there. Only after she had downed the medication with a glass of water did she realize she was mostly naked, wearing only her lace panties. She couldn’t remember anything from the night before.

The back of her neck hurt, she reached up gingerly to touch it. When she remembered what was there, she smiled. She knew Alex would not reveal her little secret. But her hip also hurt, she pulled down the edge of her panties.

Lyric stormed into Alex’s room, the door was open so she didn’t even hesitate.

“Alex, what the hell…is…this…” She stopped short, her mouth hanging open. Alex was asleep, the sheets kicked off. Lyric’s eyes took in the tattoo around his belly button – and then moved lower. He was aroused, as many men are first thing in the morning. Lyric had never seen a naked man before and she couldn’t tear her eyes away from the sight.

“Like what you see, honey?” Alex’s sleepy drawl startled her. He laughed when her face turned a brilliant red and she ran from the room. “The size always scares them at first,” he chuckled.