- Text Size +
Murderous thoughts were running through Emma’s head as she struggled to get the soda out of her shirt. She wanted to throttle those two women but since that was illegal, she took her anger out on the stain. Unfortunately, the only thing getting accomplished was the damp spot on her shirt growing.

Looking down at her watch, she noticed that she was running out of time. Stretching the shirt out in front of her, she held it under the dryer for a few minutes and then took off out of the ladies room. As she was just clearing the middle step, her sandal got caught and she stumbled down the bottom one as she braced for impact.

“Jesus Christ!”

To her surprise, two arms reached out to steady her and she heard a deep, sexy laugh.

“Um no. I’m just Nick but thanks for the compliment.”

Emma raised her head and found that the arms that were holding her up belonged to none other than Nick Carter. She instantly lost the ability to speak and the only thing she could do was to stare into the most beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen.

“Are you ok?” he asked with concern.

“I, um, yeah, fine…..” Emma stuttered over her words.

Nick chuckled and released her arms. “I hate to leave so quickly but I really have to get back to the group. Kevin is going to send out a search party soon.”

Emma let out a giggle.

“Are you sure you’re ok?”

“I’m good. Thank you for the save.”

“Anytime!” he called as he started to run off. “Have fun tonight!”

She watched as he turned the corner and walked over to Addie.

“You will never believe what just happened!” she said with excitement.

“Tell me later.” Addie said tugging her along. “You almost missed this.”

“But…”

“C’mon.” Addie looked down at her hands as she dragged Emma forward. “Why are my hands wet?”

Emma groaned to herself. She just had the moment of a lifetime and her shirt was completely soaked. Nick was probably asking himself the same question; this was not how she planned any of this happening. As much as she wanted to be there, climbing under the covers in her bed wasn’t looking like a bad idea right now.

-----------------------------

“We’re almost there!” Addie whispered excitedly. “I can’t believe I’m going to meet him!”

Emma didn’t say much. She was still thoroughly embarrassed and she could only hope that Nick wouldn’t remember her.

“I can see his eyes!”

She watched Addie jump up and down in place trying to get a better look at Howie.

“Relax. You’re gonna freak him out if you run him over.”

The two girls finally made it to the end of the line and started to introduce themselves. Nick was the last one in line and when Addie introduced herself, he replied “Nice to meet you. I’m Jesus Christ.”

The water Brian was drinking shot straight out across the stage and he started choking. Howie banged on his back and gave Nick a look.

“Um….” Addie didn’t know how to reply but Emma did.

“Thank you for the save Mr. Christ. I really appreciate it.”

Nick started to laugh and reached out to hug her. “It’s nice to meet you….”

“Emma.”

“Well it’s nice to meet you Emma.”

AJ cleared his throat. “Someone wanna clue the rest of us in to the big joke?”

Since the girls were the last ones to greet, Nick took a moment to explain what happened.

“You didn’t tell me that!” Addie shouted loudly causing the guys to laugh.

“I tried but you were too absorbed. I guess it wasn’t wicked important.”

Kevin chuckled. “Can you say that again?”

“Say what?” Emma asked.

“Wicked.”

She raised her eyebrow. “Wicked?”

“Your accent is so strong. Anyone can tell you’re from Boston.” Nick said smiling.

“Oh.” Emma turned and looked at Addie. “I thought you said we were paying for a meet and greet, not a let’s make fun of Emma’s accent party.”

“Ouch.” AJ said. “You’re feisty.”

“You have no idea.” Addie murmured.

“I like feisty!” AJ said with a wicked grin.

“Watch it.” Nick said playfully shoving his brother. He turned to Emma. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t making fun of you. I just like the accent.”

“I guess I can let it slide this time.” Emma replied with a smile.

“Thanks, I appreciate that.”

“I hate to do this ladies,” Kevin interrupted, “but we have to get backstage and start the prep. I hope you guys enjoy the show tonight.”

“I know we will.” Emma said. “Thank you for the few extra minutes.”

“No problem.” Brian said, now fully recovered from his choking. “It was nice meeting you.”

AJ and Howie hugged both girls and headed backstage. Nick pulled Emma aside before he followed the guys.

“I’m really sorry if I offended you. I don’t want our fans to feel like we’re making fun of them.”

“I was just teasing you.” Emma replied. “But thank you for telling me that.”

Nick smiled and gave her a quick hug. “Make sure you sing along loud tonight!”

“We will!” Addie yelled as they watched him disappear.

Once he was gone, she turned to Emma. “You’d better tell me all about it!”