- Text Size +
Chapter 11

“ Good afternoon Tampa Bay, and I have the honor this afternoon to have four wonderful guys, so please give it up for Howie Dorough, AJ Mclean, Brian Littrell and our home town boy Nick Carter.” I said as I introduced the guys.
“ Good afternoon Tampa, and a very good afternoon to you Jen and it’s our honor to be here with such a beautiful lady.” AJ said as he gave me a smile and wink.
“ Why thank you AJ that is very sweet of you to say that. The last time you guys were in town lets see I had only Brian and Nick here with me a few weeks ago, and they were telling us about a couple of projects that they had been working on, we have to go to a couple of commercials but when we come back I will open the phone lines so that way the guys can answer a couple questions from you the listeners, and I have a few tickets to give away too.” I said as the director motion for me to go to the commercials.
While the commercials started I asked Eddy to talk to the guys while I had to get up and go to the little girl’s room.
“ Ok we are back and in the studio with us we have the Backstreet Boys, they will be doing a show tomorrow night at the St. Petersburg Times Arena. And now we have a couple of people on the line who have some questions for the guys here, so go ahead with the first caller.” I said as I took a sip of me tea.
“ Good afternoon Jen and Eddy I love your guys show, I’m Martha and I’m in Palm Harbor, my question is for Nick.” Martha said as we patched her thru to studio.
“ Ok um… afternoon Martha, lay your question on me.” Nick said as he tried to stuff a fry into his mouth.
“ Ok, this question is mostly from my sister she wants to know do you have a girlfriend and if so why haven’t we seen pictures of you guys together.” Martha asked and hoping that he would answer the question and not side step it like he did the other day when interviewed in New Orleans.
“ Oh… well …” he started to say before looking over to me and all I could do was nod to let him know that it was his call to let people know about us.
“ Well the truth is yes I’m seeing someone, and the reason why we haven’t been photographed together is because we are not in Los Angeles, were it seems everyone is up in your business. “ He said with and relief look come upon his face to let out some of our little secret.
“ Oh, I can understand that and yeah it seems that is what everyone does out there trying to get into everyone’s personal life mostly when it isn’t their business.” Martha said as she began to agree with what Nick and said.
“ Thank you Martha and lets go our next caller please.” I said as the person who answers the phone motion for the next caller.
“ Hey everyone, my name is Eric and I’m from Ruskin.” The next caller said as we put him on the air.
“ Hey Eric and go head with your question.” Eddy said as we all sat around the table and AJ began writing something down on a piece of paper and passed it around to the guys.
“ Ok this question goes to Nick again, do you still have a house here in Florida because I saw you and Jen together at a mall that is located in the Northern part of Tampa.” Eric asked as Nick and I looked at each other and wondered of we should tell everyone our secret.
“ Um… well I do have house here in Florida, and Jen here is a good friend of mine and she wanted my help with a project that she was working on and she needed help to bring something home that she ordered from the one of the stores that was at the mall.” Nick said as he picked up the note that AJ had written.
“ Oh ok because when I saw you guys you both seemed a little cozy with each other that’s all.” Eric said as he seemed to be one of those people who Nick was talking about earlier, about being in everybody’s business.
“ Ok we will get a couple more callers when we come back from these messages.” I said so that way we didn’t have to answer that question.
And hour later we were saying goodbye to the guys since we were on a commercial break I followed them out of the studio.
“ You and I need to talk Jen, I think it’s time that everyone knows about us.” Nick said as we headed down the hallway to the front of the building.
“ I know but I think we just need to give it some more time, I’m really not ready to let everyone know about us.” I said as I stopped in front of the lady’s restroom.
“ Ok, when you are ready just let me know, well see you later then.” He said before heading out of the door and to the car that was outside waiting for him.
I went into the restroom and did my business before heading back into the studio and finished up my show before going home and taking a long nap.