- Text Size +
Chapter 14

“ I want to thank you for coming to be on the afternoon show and for hanging out with us today.” My boss said as we walked down the hallway to my office.
“ You’re welcome, and thanks for letting me stay for the whole show.” Nick said as we stopped in front of the door to my office.
“ It’s my pleasure, it’s not every day that our best DJ is dating a famous person.” My boss said as I unlocked the door and we stepped into the room.
“ Um… Jeff there is something we want to get straight on the air today if the question comes up.” I said as I went over to my desk and putting my bag down on the floor behind my desk and sitting down in the chair.
“ Oh and what question would that be?” Jeff asked as he knew what question it was.
“ The question is I’m I seeing someone… I’m really getting tired of answering that question so if comes up today I will tell the listeners the truth and tell them that is the last time I will answer that question.” Nick said as he handed me my huge cup of juice that I had been drinking.
“ Good for you, and I would do the same thing. But I would be a little more aggressive and tell them yes I’m seeing some one and that is all I’m saying and if you guys ask any more times about that subject I will say mind your damn business.” Jeff said with a laugh before he turned and headed out of the office.
“ You know what in away he is right, you should tell them something like that. And if they get pissed off then oh well then they should mind their business and keep their nose out of our personal life.” I said getting up and going to the door and looked into the in coming mail and paper that was in the box that was hanging on wall next to the door.
I pulled out of a couple mail, and then the song list that I would playing today, and even some emails questions that I can say over the air.
“ True and I will tell them just that. So what songs will be hearing today?” he asked just as Eddy came into the room with a box of doughnuts.
“ Morning Jen oh hey Nick what are you doing here dude?” Eddy asked as he sat the box down on his desk and was shocked seeing Nick sitting on the couch across from our desks.
“ Hey dude, I’m here to be on your show, oh goody breakfast?” Nick asked as looked at the box that was on the desk.
“ Oh cool, and yeah it’s breakfast. Man I tell you what I’m still trying to adjust to our new time.” Eddy said as he sat down at his desk and began looking through his mail.
“ I think it’s good that they moved you and Jenny from the afternoons to mornings.” Nick said as he took a sip of his coffee.
“ Yeah like this time too, but I’m use to get to sleep in just a little bit that’s all. So if you want some doughnuts just help yourself to some.” Eddy said as Olivia stuck her head into the door.
“ Good morning guys, hey Nick it’s great to see you. Oh by the way we have an intern with us today.” Olivia said as she came further into and going over to the box of doughnuts and taking two doughnuts.
“ Just great something that I didn’t want, Nick can you get me a chocolate doughnut please.” I said as I took a sip of my juice.
“ I know what you mean, and I’m sorry that she has to be with us, here is the information on her.” Olivia said as she handed me the folder that had the bio of our new intern that will be joining us on our show today.
“ Thanks, are you going to the baseball game this weekend?” I asked as I looked over the bio of the intern.
“ Yeah and I’m still trying to get one more celebrity to play, but I can’t fine anyone.” Olivia said as she took a bite of her first doughnut.
“ I’m sorry to hear that I wish that I could be there but I have to go and see my family, they are having a surprise party for my grandparents.” I said taking the doughnut from Nick and putting the folder on the stake of folders that I had on the edge of my desk.
“ Oh I see, hey Nick are you busy this weekend?” Olivia asked as she looked at Nick and gave him a smile.
“ Sorry Olivia but I have plans this weekend too.” He said as he sat back down on the couch with his doughnut.
“ Oh I see well I hope that you have a great weekend then.” She said sounding a little sad as she headed out of the office.
“ You know I think I can get someone for her.” Nick said as Eddy stood up and nodded to us before heading out of the room.
“ Ok and who do you have in mind?” I asked as I stood up and got ready to head out of the office too.
“ I’m not saying I want to surprise Olivia.” Was all he said as we both walked out of the room.
“ Ok, and I think I know the perfect person for the job too.” I said with a smile knowing who he was going to call and see if they could do the game this weekend.
We headed down the hallway to the studio where we do our show, I opened the door and saw a strange person sitting in one of the stools.
“ Um… hello you must me Donna?” I said as I walked in and headed over to my spot that I always sit at.
“ Oh hello and yes I’m Donna and you must be Jennifer it’s so very nice to finally get to meet you.” She said as held out her hand to me and we shook hands as she introduced herself to me.
“ Thanks and it’s nice to meet you too. Um… there will be a guest joining us today and he will be staying with us through the whole show.” I said as Eddy, Olivia and Nick came into the room and they took their places before we started our show.
“ OMG!!!! Nick Carter.” Was all Donna said as she saw Nick come into the room and taking his seat next to mine and Eddy’s.
“ Um…. Hello you must be the new intern.” Nick said as he somewhat cringe when he heard the high pitch squeal of the girl’s voice.
“ Ok let’s be professional here Donna, and if you are going to be like this through whole show then I have to ask you to leave and be put on another show.” Steve said as he came into the room and as the director went into the booth that they use to direct and produce the show from.
All Donna did was nod and then we started the show and it was close towards the end of the show when that question that we have been dreading came up.
“ Ok … I know what I’m about to say may get a few of you listeners upset and I’m sorry for that, but I want to say this for the very last time… and if I’m asked this question ever again all I’m going to say it’s no one’s business. Ok to answer the girlfriend question, yes I have a person that I’m involve with and that I’m very much in love with her, and no I will not tell you guys who she is because like I said before it’s no body’s business. Now please leave my private life out of the spotlight.” Nick said as he saw the look come across Donna’s face when she realize that he was taken.
“ I want to say congrads for you Nick and you are right it’s private life and people need to mind their own business.” Eddy said as he gave Nick a thumbs up.
Just then I heard tapping on the glass and saw Steve motion for me to pick up the phone because we had a caller on the phone and there was something that they wanted to say.
“ Hello caller and what can we do for you this morning?” I said wondering who it could be.
“ Hey Jenny and Tampa.” Howie said as his voice came over the air waves.
“ Hey Howie how are you doing and this is such a surprise.” I said with a laugh as I saw a look come across Nick’s face.
“ I’m doing great, and I want to say I’m so happy that Nick got the nerve to tell everybody to back off about his private life, and there is something else I wanted to say.” Howie said as he gave a small chuckle just thinking about what Nick and said and even asked him.
“ Well thanks bro, and how is your family doing this beautiful day.” Nick said as he reached over and grabbed his cup of coffee.
“ Mom is doing great and she said that you need to come up here and see her, and as for calling I wanted to let Olivia know that she could count me in for the baseball game this weekend.” Howie said as his mom came into the room and put the pancakes down in front of him.
“ Oh my Howie thank you so much, how did you know that I was looking for another person for the game?” Olivia asked as she looked at me and I just shook my head no to her and then tears came to eyes when she realized who it was that called Howie.
“ You can say it was Nick who called and told me what was going on, and I think it’s a great idea.” Howie said as his brother and sister came into the room.
“ I should have known thank you Nick you are a sweet heart, and thank you Howie you too are a sweet heart and I will call you later for the details of the events that will be going on this weekend.” Olivia said looked over to Nick and gave him a huge smile.
“ Ok I’ll call back after the show well I better get going so I’ll see you guys this weekend.” Howie said before hanging up with us.
Two hours later Nick and I was walking into the house. I barely in the door way when Nick picked me up and carried me off towards our bed room.
We got undressed and climbed into bed and holding each other in our arms as we fell asleep for a couple of hours.