- Text Size +
Chapter 18

I got home and saw Nick sitting on the couch with his guitar playing a song that he had been working on for the past couple of days.
“ Hey baby how did the doctor’s appointment go?” He said putting down the guitar and coming over to me and pulled me into his arms.
“ It went great and I found out something too.” I said pulling away from him and going over to my bag and pulling out the picture that I got from the doctors and handed it to him.
“ Ok what I’m I looking at here… oh my is that what I think it is… and you mean to tell me that we are having ….” Was all he said as looked back down at the picture and in total shock.
And the only thing I did was give him a smile and that was all I could do as tears came to both our eyes.
“ Yes Nick we are going to have twins, and they are both a boy and a girl.” I said as pulled me into his arms again and started kissing me.
“ That is so great, I get my baby girl and you will get your little guy.” Nick said as he spun us around in a circle.
“ Yeah we get what we want, um… Nick please stop spinning us, or I will get sick all over you.” I said as I felt my stomach start to turn.
“ Oh sorry there, so are we going to let our family know or are we going to stay as just us knowing?” Nick asked as I went over the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.
“ I think we should stay, with us just knowing what we are having, and let everyone be surprise.” I said opening up the bottle of water and take a sip of water.
“ Ok that sounds great, oh before I forget I will be working very late tomorrow due to the fact that I’m going to try and record most of the album.” Nick said as he went back to the couch and sat down and picked up the TV remote and turn on the TV.
“ Ok that’s fine I’ll be here and I’m going to try and go to bed early.” I said sitting down in my gliding chair and put my feet up so the swelling would go down some.
“ Ok, I’m sorry that you really didn’t get to sleep well last night.” Nick said as he turned the channel to the basketball game.
“ It’s not your fault one of the twins wanted to play kick boxing with my insides .” I said just as one of the babies kicked.
“ I’m sorry, oh do you want me to take of your shoes for you?” he asked as he noticed that I still had my shoes on.
“ Oh yes please that would be so wonderful.” I said as I laid my head back and close my eyes for a few minutes.
I felt Nick sit down on the edge of the foot stool and then he slipped off my shoes before he started messaging my feet.
“ How does this feel?” Nick asked as he watch the look on come across my face.
“ Oh it feels so great please don’t stop.” I said with a little moan as he the spot that hurt.
“ Ok just let me know when you want me to stop.” He said as continue rubbing my feet.
“ What are you going to be doing this weekend?” I asked as I opened my eyes and watched him rub my feet.
“ I have to be in the studio with they guys why?” he said as he stopped and looked at me.
“ Well Melinda is having a small get together with our friends that we saw at the reunion, well they are in town.” I said getting up so I could go to the restroom.
“ Ok that’s a great idea, you can go and have fun with your friends, and I will try to get out early so that way we can have dinner together.” He said getting up and going into the kitchen and getting him a bottle of water.
“ Ok thanks, that sounds great, our we going out or stay home and have dinner here.” I asked before I heading off towards the bathroom.
“ I thought that maybe we could go out and have dinner at a seafood restaurant.” He said as he watch me go into the bathroom.
“ Ok that sounds like a great idea.” I said before shutting the door and using the bathroom.
Five hours later Nick handed me my hamburger and fries as we sat on the couch so we could watch the movie that we had wanted to see for a long time.
And then of course three hours after dinner I went to bed and was sound asleep before my head hit the pillow, and it was three hours later I felt Nick’s arms go around me and pull me closer to him as we both went off to sleep.