- Text Size +
Chapter 4

I came into the station and went to my office and got my play list together before heading into the studio.
“ This is Mike and coming up next is our midmorning show staring Jennifer. Have a great day and see you guys on Monday.” Mike said as he was signing off on his show and going into four commercial set so that way I could get set up.
I came up to the seat and sat down began getting my stuff ready for the show.
“ Morning Mike how is Lynn and the baby?” I asked as I got up and poured myself some coffee into my big mug.
“ Morning Jennifer they are doing good, and I think we are starting to get into some kind of pattern now or I hope so.” Mike said just as Jason came in followed by Eddy.
“ That's so great to hear, well the rest of my crew is here so I guess it's time to start the show.” I said as my co-host came in followed by the producer.
We use the same director and traffic personal from Mike's show. The next person who came in was Olivia who does the news and weather.
We said bye to Mike and took our places just as the last commercial came to an end.
“ Good Morning Tampa and this is Jennifer.” I said as the director motion for me to start the show.
“ Good morning Tampa and this is Eddy. And we have a great show for you today.” He said as he sat himself down in his chair.
“ And we have Olivia doing news and weather. So how was everyone's weekend?” I asked as I put the sugar into my mug and adjusted my headsets some.
“ Mine was great we had fun doing the 4 k run for marine research. So how was Vegas and the class reunion.” Eddy asked as he unwrapped his wrap that was sitting on the table for us to have for breakfast, but in our case it's brunch.
“ It was really great I got to see all my friends that I haven't seen in a while and some of my friends will be coming here in the next couple of weeks for vacations.” I said as added some hot sauce to my wrap.
“ So what about you Olivia, how was your weekend?” Eddy said as he took a sip of his coke.
“ It was good all I did was helped Jerry with our garden and painted the house some.” Olivia said as she fixed her sausage biscuit.
“ Oh that's right you guys were redoing that old house that you bought three months ago.” I said as the producer taped on the glass and I looked up and he held up a signing saying that we had very surprise guest. I just nodded ok that I understood.
“ Yeah we should have it done in about two more months and then it will be open for business.” She said as she looked at the producer too.
“ Well it seems that we will be having a surprise guest coming on right after these messages.” I said as I heard the director say go into commercial.
We went into the commercial break and that's when we let in the surprise guest, and yes it was a huge surprise because we didn't have any guest scheduled to come on the show today.
“ Hey, I hope I'm not interrupting anything.” Nick said as he came into the room.
“ Um... not at all man, it's great to see you again.” Eddy said as he got from his chair and went over to Nick and shook his hand.
“ That's great, Hey Jennifer it's good to see you again.” Nick said as he looked over to me and nodded to me.
“ Hey Nick and yeah it's great to see you again too. I take it your tour is over?” I said turning his way and shaking his hand.
“ I have a show here in Tampa tomorrow night.” he said as he shook my hand.
We heard a tap on the glass and Jason motion for us to take our seats and Olivia got Nick an extra headset and microphone for him.
“ I want to introduce our special guest with us, so give a big hand to our home town boy Nick Carter.” I said as I introduced him.
“ Hey Tampa what's up, and hello to you Jennifer, Eddy and Olivia.” Nick said as he reach over to his coffee up.
“ Hey Nick so what's up with you man, the last I heard you were on tour.” Eddy said as he watched me looking down at the music list and it was time for us to play the next two songs.
“ Not much, and yes I'm still on tour. I have show tomorrow night here in Tampa.” he said as he smiled at the thought of his show tomorrow night.
“ Cool and I understand that it is the last show of the tour too. And what are you going to do afterwards.” Eddy asked as he noticed that I wasn't asking anything and he began to wonder way.
“ Yeah it's the last show and after that I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing. I think going home and sleep for the next five days.” He said with a small laugh, which sent shivers down my back as I remember that laugh as we sat backstage and just talked.
Then I heard the Jason tell me that we need to go to the music and we will have some questions from fans who called in.
“ Ok we will open the phone lines for fans who want to ask Nick here some questions, after we hear the new songs from Britney and Nickelback.” I said as I nodded over to Nick to let him know that we had to play a couple of songs while we waited to get some callers on the phone.
Forty five minutes later we were saying goodbye to Nick and continue the show for the next two hours before it was time to go home.
“ Jen, Michael wants to see you in his office before you head home.” Tonya said as I walked pasted her desk on my way to my office so that way I can plan the show for tomorrow.
“ Oh ok thanks Tonya.” I went over to Michaels' office door and knocked.
“ Come in Jen.” Michael call out for me to enter his office.
“ You wanted to see me?” I asked as I walked into the office and shutting the door behind me.
“ Yes, I heard that Nick Carter was on your show today. I was wondering if you had anything planed for tomorrow night.” he said as he looked down at one of the folders that was on laying on the desk in front of him.
“ Um.... no sir I really don't have anything plan.” I said as looked at him and wondered why he was asking me that question for.
“ That's great to hear, well now you do have something plan. Mr. Carter came into my office before coming onto your show today, well he wants you to come to his show tomorrow and do a small show before the concert, and he informed me that he was planing on heading down to the Keys and see the boat race and he also wanted you there to cover the race.” Michael said as he looked up from the paper he was looking at and looked at me from over the rim of his glasses.
“ Oh um... sure if he really is asking me to do this for him.” I said looking down and giving him a small smile, because I thought it was sweet of Nick to ask for me.
“ Ok well I'll let you go and get ready for tomorrow and if you want to you can take Eddy with you if you want too.” Michael said as he gave me a smile too.
“ Um... sure if he doesn't have anything plan then I'll take him.” I said as I got up and headed for the door.
“ Ok you do that and have a great day and see you tomorrow.” he said putting the paper into the folder and signing it before closing the folder. He put in top of the small stack of folders at the end of his desk.
I opened the door and head out before closing the door behind me. I headed down the hallway to my office that I do share with Eddy.
“ Hey did you get the news yet?” I said coming into the room and sitting down at my desk.
“ Um... no what news do you have for me?” He said looking up from the paper that he was writing on.
“ Well I just got finished talking to Michael and guess what the both of us well be coving Nick's concert tomorrow night.” I said as looked at the stack of folders that I had sitting in my in box.
“ Oh really, well I really can't stay for the show, but if you are doing an interview before the show then yes I can do it, but the show I can't stay for because I have to watch my niece while my sister goes to school.” He said sitting back into his chair and blowing out some air.
“ Ok that's fine we can get a hold of James and ask if we can do the interview on his show, and afterwards you can go and I can telephone the review of the show in so that's not a problem.” I said also sitting back and then wondering what Nick had plan for us at the races.
We worked on the plan for tomorrow's show and I did talk to James who said that it was cool that I could do an interview on his show.
So after spending two extra hours in the office I got home and the first thing I did was made a hot bubble bath and soaked for an hour, before making me some dinner of fried chicken, mash potatoes, and corn. When dinner was done I took into the living room and turned on the TV and saw a commercial about the boat race that is happening down in the Keys and yes they mention Nick's race team. It was around ten o'clock that I made my way to bed and fell sound asleep.
I was sitting in my office with Eddy when my phone began to ring I looked at it and all I saw was Private Call.
“ Hello?” I said answering my phone and looking straight at Eddy who looked up from his lap top. He was making up some questions to ask Nick tonight.
“ Hey Jen, I was just calling to see if you were really coming to the show tonight?” Nick asked as he rolled over onto his back and looked at the light that was dancing on the ceiling.
“ Hey Nick, um yeah I'm going to be there as is Eddy, we are going to do an interview first because Eddy can't stay for the show.” I said as Eddy got up and poured himself some more coffee.
“ Oh ok, well I'm glad that you both can come. Are you going to be staying for the show though?” he asked as he heard Chris coming out of his bedroom.
“ Yes I will be staying for the show and I plan to give a small review of the show on the late show tonight.” I said as Olivia came in with our breakfast.
“ Oh ok that sounds great to me. Well I better get up and see what's for breakfast and see what Chris is doing. Talk to you later and can't wait to see ya again.” he said before hanging up the phone, before I could even said bye.
“ I take it that was Nick and he is worried that we aren't going to be there or something like that.” Eddy said with a small laugh as he took his bag from Olivia.
“ Yeah I guess you can say that. Well I'll be right back.” I said as I felt my stomach go a little nausea.
I got up and headed to the bathroom and did my business, I took a Tums and my stomach began to fell better twenty minutes later.
After the show I headed home and got a some rest before heading over to the club that Nick was performing at tonight, he did call after the show and asked me to bring a small suite case so that way we could just head down to the Keys for the race.
“ This is Jennifer and I'm coming live from Pure where Nick Carter is performing tonight.” I said as we began the interview.
“ Hey everyone.” Nick said as he got ready to go on stage.
“ We asked for some fans who where going to the show tonight to call in and give us questions to ask you.” I said looking down at some of the questions that I had gotten off of our email site.
“ Ok that sounds great.” He said as he sat down beside me on the couch and took a sip of his water.
I began asking the questions which he was very nice to answer and he also said that he was so glad to know that he had fans away from the Backstreet Boys. And he was really happy to know that the place was sold out too.
There was one question he didn't answer and that was about the boat races. He didn't want everyone to know where he was going to be at so he pretty much kept quiet about where he was going to relax at. He did say something about going into the studio and work on a new album.
Then he went out on stage and did a two hour show and afterwards he showed me to his bus, which I learned was driven by his dad, we climbed on board and headed to a place that he had. And there we stayed the night before getting up really early and headed down to the Keys. His dad had flow down there to get things ready, and Nick was driving us down there.
Six hours later we were pulling into the Carter Compound here in Marathon.
And of course there were a few of his stalkers there, some of them I saw when we were in Vegas together, and of course they wanted to know if there was something going on with Nick and I, all because he wouldn't let me leave his side and it was this weekend that we really got to know each other very very well, but to say when the races ended I left Marathon and I learned that he left and headed over to Sweden, so he could work on his new album.
It was after seven in the evening when I came walking into the house. I ate a bowl of cereal and called it dinner before going upstairs getting undress, and climbing into bed and falling asleep before my head hit the pillow.