- Text Size +
Chapter 5

“ James is next with your drive at five, have a great weekend and I'll see you guys Monday afternoon.” I said as I was signing off the air, and looking at Eddy and nodding to him that to close out due to the fact that I had to go and throw up again.
“ This Eddy and I hope to see you guys at Pure tonight for Spring Break Blowout, you have to 21 to party. So later guys.” Eddy said as he just watched me quietly shut the door to the studio.
I ran down to the restroom as fast as I could and hoping that there wasn't anyone in there when I open the door and got inside the room. I went into the first stall shutting the door and then began throwing up.
“ Jen, are you ok?” Olivia asked as she came into the restroom.
“ Um... I think so, I hope I'm not getting a stomach bug that had been going around.” I said coming out of the stall and heading straight for the sink so I could clean up some.
“ Do you think that you should go to the doctor and see what's wrong?” Olivia said as she gave me this look that she has a feeling that it's something else and it's not a bug.
“ I have an appointment after work. We are still getting together for the cookout Sunday.” I said before taking some water into my mouth a slushed it around, trying to rinse the taste of puke out of my mouth.
“ Yes the cookout is still on, but call me and let me know what the doctor has to say ok. And if you don't feel up to coming over then I understand.” she said as we headed out of the restroom and towards my office.
“ Ok I'll let you know, see you later then.” I said as we went our separate ways.
“ You ok Jen?” Eddy asked as he looked up from his computer.
“ Yeah I'm ok, well I have an appointment that I need to get to, so I'll see you on Monday.” I said going over to my desk and grabbing my bag.
“ Ok then, I'll see you Monday.” he said as he went back to what ever he was doing on his computer.
I left the building and made my way to my car. Getting in I drove over to Clearwater and to my doctor's office.
Finding a parking space I pulled my car into the spot and just sat there for a couple of minutes just trying to get my nerves together before going into the building.
Getting out of the car I made my way across the parking lot as I was walking to the building I saw couple of pregnant women coming out of the building and heading towards their cars, and that's when I started to believe what I'm thinking.
Walking into the building I headed straight for the elevator, while I was waiting for the lift there was a pregnant woman and her six year daughter coming up to the elevator and stopped next to me.
“ Hey aren't you that DJ on The Bay?” the lady asked me as she realized who I was.
“ Um... yes ma'am I'm Jennifer from the mid-morning radio show.” I said two more people came up to the elevators.
“ Oh wow, I heard the show the other day and you had Nick Carter on it and I heard the other shows that you were on. One you where at his concert and then at the boat races down in Marathon. So are you guys dating or something?” the little girl asked as she began to sniffle.
“ Marylyn you know better that to ask people about their personal life. I'm so sorry about that Jennifer you really don't have to answer her question.” the lady said as just as the door opened up and let the other people off before we got on.
I hit the 5 and the lady hit 6, which I know had the Pediatric doctors on that floor.
“ That's ok, you can say we are just friends and that's all.” was all I said as the bell ding to let me know that it had stopped and I looked up and saw that it was my floor.
“ Well it was nice meeting you.” both Marylyn and her mom said together.
“ It was nice to met the both of you too.” I said before stepping off the elevator.
I headed down the hallway to where the my doctor office was. Coming up to the door I took a deep breath before opening the door and walking in.
I noticed that the waiting room was empty, which I was glad about that because I didn't want anyone seeing me here because I really don't want anyone to know that I'm here.
Coming up to the window I rang the bell and waited for some to open the window.
“ Good afternoon?” the nurse said as she opened the glass window.
“ Yes, Jennifer here to see Dr. Thompson.” I said as the nurse looked down at the appointment book and marked my name off the list.
“ Ok just sign in please and have a seat.” the nurse said as she handed me the sign in sheet.
I signed the sheet and handed the clipboard back to her and going to the chair that was closest to the door that leads to where the exam rooms were located.
I was sitting there looking through the magazines that they had and came across a People magazine. Picking it up I started going through the pages when I came across a picture of me and Nick at the boat race. The small article was say that Nick was seen the company of Tampa Bay radio personality Jennifer, and that we seemed more than friends. That's because who ever took the picture caught him giving me a kiss.
The door opened and two ladies came in and one sat down while the other one went over to the window.
Then the other door opened up and a nurse stepped out of the door and looked down at the fold that she was holding.
“ Jennifer, hey can you please follow me.” she said with a smile as I stood up and came up to her.
“ Ok thanks.” I said as I followed her through the door and over to the small area where they have the scale.
She weighted me and then lead me farther down the hall to the exam room that I was going to be in.
“ Dr. Thompson will be with you in a few minutes.” the nurse said as she put my chart into the slot on the door before closing it behind her.
I opened the magazine again and ripped out the article of Nick and I and putting into my bag I closed the magazine when I heard the door opened and another nurse came into the room.
“ Hey Jennifer, how are we doing today?” she said as came over to me and stuck a thing in my ear.
“ Hey I'm doing ok.” I said as there a beep and she looked at it and wrote down the number.
“ Well you don't have a temperature so that's good, so can you tell me what it is that brought you here today?” she as she took the arm cuff so she could take my blood pressure.
“ The past couple of days I have been getting sick to my stomach and even throwing up.” I said as she started to pump up the cuff that was on my arm.
“ I see, well every thing is ok here. Dr. Thompson will be with you in a couple minutes.” she said as she went to the door opening it and stepping it out of the room.
I went back to the magazine and just thumbed through it when I heard a small knock and the door opening up and Dr. Thompson came walking into the room.
“ Hey Jennifer how are you doing today?” Dr. Thompson asked as she came into the room and over to me and shook my hand.
“ I'm doing ok at the moment.” I said returning her hand shake.
“ Ok it says here that been getting sick to your stomach and was even throwing up too.
I have one question, what about your periods, how are they.” she asked looking at the chart and was reading what the nurse had written down on it.
“ Well at first I missed a month, but just last week it started but it was only spotted. And there are some smells that make me throw up.” I said as I watched her write down what I'm telling her.
“ I see, I want to get some blood test done really quick, from what you are telling me, it sounds like you're pregnant. Have you done a test on your own?” she asked as she looked at me.
“ Um... I did when I was a week late but it came out negative. Really... oh boy.” was all I could say trying to think of what she was saying could be true, and I too was starting to have a feeling that I was pregnant.
“ Oh ok, when was the last time that you had period that you had full cycle and not just spotting?” she asked as she wrote down what we were saying.
“ I guess it really has been two months.” I said as I began thinking back to when the last period that I had, and that two days before I was to start Nick and I made love.
“ Ok, well I'm going to get the nurse to take some blood and give it fifteen minutes and I'll see what the test says ok.” she said going to the door and opening up before walking out of the room.
I really didn't have time to think, because the nurse came into the room and she headed over to the small desk area and opened the drawer. Then she took out the stuff she was going to use to draw my blood with.
“ Ok this won't hurt ok.” she said as she tied the rubber tourniquet before looking for a vein and putting the needle into my are and undoing the tourniquet.
I just sat there and watched the blood flow into the small tub then the nurse pulled out the needle and asked me to hold the cotton ball. Then she went over to the desk again and picked up the pen and filled out my name and time on the sticker before putting it onto the bottle.
“ The doctor will be back after she has the results of your blood test.” she said before walking out the door.
It was fifteen minutes when there was a knock on the door and Dr. Thompson came walking in with a nurse following with a machine.
“ Well I have news for you, I want to let you know that the test that you took was wrong, you are pregnant and from what you have told me you are two months.” Dr. Thompson said as she came over to me and shook my hand and shook it.
“ Ok, well thanks so I guess we are going to see what my baby looks like.” I said giving her a smile.
“ Yes we are now going to see what your baby looks like.” she said as she began setting up the things for the sonogram.
It was twenty minutes later I was heading for my car and heading home, and on the way home was trying to think of some way to let Nick know that I was pregnant.
Across town someone else was about to get another big surprise of his own too.
Juliette was sitting out of her desk and looking at her computer screen just going through some public documents.
What made her go through the public records from Las Vegas, was because of the picture that came out in People magazine and it looked like him and the girl was more than really close to each and then she saw it. And now she knows why he was very quiet about his time at the reunion, that he had gone to two months ago.
“ Oh my God Nick what have you done.” Juliette said to herself as she saw the Marriage Certificate and made a copy of it.
Then she made a call to court house and got hold of someone who files divorce papers, the person said that there was a divorce filed but the judge had declined the divorce because of something that was in the Marriage Certificate.
Juliette grabbed the copy of the certificate and began reading and sure enough at the very bottom there was a clause that was hand written at the bottom. What was written was a clause that said in no way shape or form can there be a divorce. So in other words Nick is still a married man.
Juliette got up from her seat and headed out of the office door and made her way over to the office at the end of the hall.
“ Hey Tim sorry to interrupt, but may I talk to Nick really quick please.” Juliette asked as she opened Tim's office door.
“ Sure Nick you're free to leave we are done for the day, but I'll talk to you tomorrow at the same time.” Tim said as he nodded over to Nick, who was finishing writing down what they were talking about.
“ Ok I'll see you tomorrow then, hey Julie how are you doing?” Nick asked her when he saw a look come to her face.
“ I was doing better, until I found something. So can you please come with me Nick.” Juliette said with a stern tone in her voice.
Nick got up and followed her down to her office. He knew there was something wrong because she was walking a little faster than normal.
“ Have a seat.” She said as she let Nick in the office first and she shut the door with a loud bang.
“ Um... did I do something wrong?” Nick asked with nervousness in his voice as he watched Juliette began to pace her office.
“ Nick how could you, and why didn't you tell me mostly when I asked you about your time in Vegas.” she said as she stopped pacing and sitting down in her chair.
“ There wasn't anything to really talk about, and what did I do that has your panties in a wad.” Nick said getting even more nervous because Juliette was opening up folder and handing him two pieces of paper.
Nick looked down and saw that top piece of paper was a copy of a Marriage Certificate that had his and Jennifer's names on it.
“ Oh this, well it was a spur of the moment thing, but we got it dissolved when we came back here.” he said putting the paper down on the desk.
“ Well I have some news for you Nick, you're still married.” Juliette said as she nodded towards the paper that he put on her desk.
“ No that's not right, I signed the divorce papers that we both have filed.” he said picking up the paper again and was looking at it again.
“ Well if you see the papers you will see that the judge denied the divorce, all because of something that was written on the marriage certificate. Read the bottom of the page.” she said as she leaned forward and pointed to the area that she wanted Nick to read.
“ Then I will call the court house and talk to the judge myself and try to get him to grant it.” he said as he was about to get up.
“ Save your breath Nick, I did call and talked to the judge after talking to the person who worked in the file department. And the judge told me that there isn't anything he can do because of the clause. So sorry Nick you are stilled married and there is noway to get it dissolved.” she said sitting back and just watched the emotions coming across his face.
Nick got up and left the room without saying anything else to Juliette. He left the building and got into his car and drove off towards his house.
Once he got home he made his way over to his office and looking for a number that he had put in a planner that was in a drawer.
Picking up the planner and founding the phone number; picking up the phone he began dialing the number.
“ Hello?” the person on the other end picked up their phone.
“ Hey Jenn we need to talk, can you meet me for lunch tomorrow?” he said knowing that she was off tomorrow due to the fact that it was the weekend.
“ Um... sure Nick see you tomorrow for lunch then.” I said before we hung up our phones.
Nick hung up his phone and just sat there looking at the picture that was taken by his dad of him and Jennifer, how was he going to tell her that they are still married.
Getting up and going into the kitchen and fixing himself some dinner, Nick took his sandwich and beer up stairs to his bed room.
Four hours later both Nick and Jennifer climbed into their beds and fell into a very restless sleep.