- Text Size +
Chapter 6

“ So what are you going to tell him.” Melinda said as we headed down to the grocery store.
“ I really don't know. I spent most of the night tossing and turning and trying to come up with a way to tell him.” I said as Melinda stopped at the red light.
“ Well you need to think of something after all you did tell him that you had something to tell him.” she said as she got into the turn lane so we could turn into the shopping center.
“ Yeah I know, I told him that I had to tell him something I just wonder how he is going to take it though.” I said as she drove around the parking lot until she found an empty parking space.
We got out of the car had headed inside the store and began doing our grocery shopping. I was in the baking area looking at the different icings trying to figure out which one I wanted to put on the Twinkies that I was craving. Now I know that I'm truly pregnant because I'm starting to crave weird things. I was reaching for the Cream Cheese frosting when my phone began to ring.
“ Hello?” I said as I answer the phone and putting the frosting into my buggy and reaching for the Vanilla, Chocolate and the German Chocolate frostings.
“ Hey Jenn, I was seeing if we are still on for lunch today?” Nick asked as he drove back from Brent's house.
“ Yeah we are still on, so where do you want to meet at?” I asked as I left the baking isle and headed down the can goods.
“ Ok meet me at the Applebee's in Brandon on Providence Road.” Nick said as he stopped at the red light.
“ Yeah sure that sounds great the one in Brandon will be find.” I said as I made my way over to the ice cream section.
“ Ok then I'll see you there, bye for now.” Nick said as he pulled into his neighborhood.
“ Bye for now.” I said as Melinda came up to me and shook her head when she saw the stuff that I had in my cart.
“ I can see that you are having your cravings now.” she said with a small laugh as she nodded to my stuff.
“ Yeah I know I just can't make up my mind what I wanted so I thought it would be a good idea just to get every thing that I was starting to crave all at one time you know.” I said as we started heading towards the front of the store and to the check out lanes.
We got our groceries and then head home. Once there I put away my groceries I headed to my bedroom and started getting ready for my lunch with Nick.
“ Hey Jenn I'm leaving now, if you need any thing just give me a call or Steve ok.” Melinda said as she stood outside my bedroom door.
“ Ok, oh tell Steve if he still needs help with the charity event that is happening at the aquarium next weekend, I'll help out. And we can work something out over the week.” I said coming out of the closet holding a pair of pants and T-shirt.
“ Ok I will let him know that you want to help out with the event next weekend, we are still looking for more people to help out.” she said before heading down the hall way to the front door, I followed her and let her out of the house.
“ Ok, I'll see if I can get some more people to help out. Well bye for now.” I said standing in the doorway and watched her get to her car and opened the door.
“ Ok bye for now and hope to see you next weekend then.” she said getting into her car and began to drive off as I shut and locked the front door.
I went back to me bedroom and began getting ready for my lunch date with Nick. Once I was dressed, I grabbed my keys and bag went out to my car.
I drove out of my neighborhood and turned left onto the S. Tamiami Trail and traveled north. I kept traveling north until the S. Tamiami turns into S. 50th street. Keep heading north until I got to 676 or also known as 22nd street. Turning right on that road I kept going now East until 22nd street turns into Causeway Blvd. This later slips up four lanes with a divider in the middle. This is were a lot of stores and restaurants are at due to small outlet shopping center. Coming up to Providence Road I turned left and went a couple of blocks before coming up to the restaurant on my right hand side.
Pulling into the parking lot I saw Nick's Escalade parked closed to the back of the restaurant, I parked right next to him and he got out of his vehicle and came over to mine.
“ Hey Jenn, how are you doing today?” Nick asked as he opened my car door for me.
“ Hey Nick, I'm doing pretty good and how are you doing?” I said getting out of the car and moving to the side so Nick could shut the car door for me.
“ I'm doing pretty good too.” he said moving closer to me and leaning down and giving me a kiss.
I stood up on my tip toes some and returned his kiss, he pulled away and gave me a smile as I returned it.
“ We better go inside and get something to eat, because I'm hungry.” I said with a small laugh and was also hoping that there was no one around watching us.
“ Ok, I'm hungry too.” he said taking hold of my hand and we headed for the restaurant.
We walked into the restaurant and the hostess that was there almost went into shock as she saw who was standing in front of her.
“ Um... how many?” she asked looking like she was going to scream.
“ There are two of us, can we sit at one of the tables in the bar area?” Nick asked the hostess as he looked around and saw that the bar area was empty.
“ Sure follow me please.” she said as she headed off towards the bar area.
Coming up to one of the tall tables that was far away from the other guests so that way we can talk without talking loud to each other.
“ Thanks this will be fine, oh can you make sure that we don't have people sitting to close to us please?” I asked just hoped that she would grant my request.
“ Sure I will make sure these tables stay empty.” she said laying down our menus and nodding to me before she turned away and left us.
“ Ok why did you ask that from her?” Nick asked as he helped me with my stool.
“ Well I have something to tell you and I really don't want anyone to hear what I have to say that's all.” I said putting my bag into the other stool next to me, while Nick took the other stool that was next to me.
“ Ok I understand that because there is something that I need to tell you too, and I really don't want anyone to hear what I have to say too. I just want this between the two of us.” he said sitting down in stool chair and picking up the menu in front of him and began looking at it.
“ Oh ok that's fine too.” I said picking up my menu and began looking at just as our waiter came up to us.
“ Hello guys, I'm Justin and I will be your server for the day. What can I get you guys to drink?” Justin said as he introduced himself to us.
“ I would like sweet tea please with lemon.” Nick said as he looked at me and smiled.
“ I too would like sweet tea with lemon.” I said looking back at him and also smiling at him.
“ Ok I have two sweet teas with lemon, be back with your drinks.” Justin said as he turned away and head behind the bar and began getting our drink orders.
“ I have a question for you Nick?” I asked as figured out what I wanted and put my menu down on the table.
“ Ok, what is your question that you have for me.” he said taking my hand and began to hold it.
“ Um... what are you doing next weekend mostly on Saturday?” I asked as I watched him play with my fingers on my right hand.
“ Nothing why?” he said stroking the top of my hand.
“ Well I was wondering if you would like to help out at an charity event that is taking place at the aquarium and they are looking for some celebrities to do it. You can think about and give my producer a call, it's his wife that is putting this thing together. You know her she was at the reunion with us.” I said as the waiter came back with our teas and waited for us to give him our food orders.
Funny thing is we both got the same thing and we laughed when we realized that we were having the same thing for lunch.
“ Sure I'll think about it and give him a call and let him know if I decide to do it. Do you remember what we did in Vegas?” Nick asked as he took a sip of his tea.
“ Um... yeah we got married... but filed for a divorce when I returned here... why are you asking?” I asked having a feeling that something was wrong.
“ Yeah, well the bad thing is the judge denied the divorce.” he said taking another sip of the tea.
“ What ... how... why?” I asked can't believe what I was hearing, my marriage is still legal and I'm not divorced.
“ Well it seems that down on the bottom of the certificate we had made some kind of clause that says we can't get a divorce or have the marriage dissolved in any way shape or form.” He said the very last word as Justin came to our table with our food.
“ Oh ok, well I have another thing for you, well I haven't been feeling to good lately so I went to the doctor yesterday, and I it was there that I learned ... um... Nick I'm pregnant and before you say it isn't yours well all I can say is yes the baby is your's because I'm two months.” I said as tears started coming to my eyes, and I was also afraid the now he will get up and leave me sitting here.
“ Oh boy that's truly heavy, well I can't say that I'm not truly surprise, but I can promise you one thing Jenn. And that is I will always be there for you and our baby.” he said taking my hand and held it as I tried to dry my eyes.
“ Um... thanks Nick... but what about the marriage thing what are we going to do about that part?” I asked somewhat calming down so that way I could take a sip of my tea.
“ We will think of something, but first let's try and finish eating our lunch and then we can go some where after here?” he said letting go of my hand and grabbed one of his fries and ate it.
“ Sure that sounds fine to me.” I said taking hold of my hamburger and started eating.
We continue eating our lunch as we made small talk and we talked about what we had done over the past week.
After eating we headed back to our cars, and Nick took my keys from me and unlocked the door before opening it for me.
“ Follow me to my place and we can go out on my boat for a little bit.” he said as he watched me buckle up my seat belt.
“ Ok that sounds great it's been a while since I have been out on a boat.” I said rolling down the window and Nick shut the door.
“ Yeah I haven't been on it in a while too.” Nick said as leans over and I lean forward some so that way we could kiss each other goodbye for now.
Nick pulled away and then getting into his Escalade and we both headed down towards his house.
We had gone down to Sarasota sat down on the beach for a little bit and then went to dinner before heading back to house.
“ I had a great time, and if you can think of something of what we can do with our marriage just let me know and I will let you know if I come up with something.” I said as we walked to my car.
“ Ok that sounds fine, and I too had a great time. I'll give you a call in a couple of days, so that way I can think about what has happen today.” he said leaning forward on my car as I sat there trying not to cry.
“ Ok, and I can tell Steve that you will be at the event on Saturday?” I said starting up the car and turning down the music.
“ Yeah tell him that I will be there. You drive safely and can you give me a call to let me know that you got there fine.” he said before giving me a goodbye kiss.
I drove home and trying to think straight of all the things that happen today, man Nick and I are still married that's so hard to believe.
When I got inside the house I called Nick to let him know that I'm home and everything was locked up for the night. Then I went to the closet and pulled down a small box that I put up there when I got back from Vegas.
Going through the box I came across a small box and opened it up and saw my wedding rings, and under the small box was a piece of paper. Picking it up and unfolding it I started reading and saw that it was the wedding certificate and looked down at the bottom of it and sure enough there was the hand written clause saying that we could never get a divorce or have it dissolved in any way shape and form.
Putting the paper back into the box I took the small ring box and bring it over to my bed and putting it onto the nightstand.
Getting undress I climbed into bed and fell into another restless night sleep.