- Text Size +
Chapter 7

“ Jenn I want to thank you for your help, and how did you get Nick to do this for us. I called his people they said that he was busy and wouldn't be able to do this event.” Steve said as he looked around at all the people that was standing around talking and some was even looking at the fish that were swimming around in the huge tank.
“ Yeah they told Nick not to do this, but the thing that he had to do was canceled due to the fact that one of the people that he was going to work with had an emergency and the other person got sick; so his time got freed up. And they said yes since there wasn't anything for him to do.” I said taking a sip of the drink that I had in my hand. And there is no alcohol in it.
“ Oh I see, well I'm glad that what ever it was, was canceled. Oh Mr. Carter I was telling Jenn here that I'm very glad that you could join us here today.” Steve said as Nick came up to us.
“ Hello there, and thank you for the inviting me here, I'm really enjoying myself and it's been a while since I've seen the aquarium, and I like what they have done here.” Nick said as he came up to me and put his arm round me and nodded over to the tank that had the two sharks swimming in it.
“ Thanks and you can thank my wife Dr. Melinda Phillips. She is the head of the research department of the Marine Biology here at the aquarium.” Steve said as he motion towards Melinda who was talking to one of the council people who had donated a huge amount of money to the aquarium.
“ Yeah I know Melinda we went to school together along with Jenn here.” Nick said as he nodded towards Melinda who nodded back at him.
“ Yeah Mel told me that she went to school with you for a little bit before you left school and started the Backstreet Boys.” Steve said as Melinda began heading towards his and Nick's way.
“ Nick thank you for coming and it's a pleasure to see you again.” Melinda said as she came over and gave him a hug.
“ Mel it's so great to see you again, and the pleasure is all mine.” Nick said as he returned her hug.
“ Well it's time for the show.” Steve said as he one of the guys flash the lights to let everyone know that it's time for the charity auction.
Three hours later Nick and I were heading back to my house.
“ I have been thinking Jenn.” Nick said as we stopped at the red light that leads away from Port of Tampa.
“ Oh and what have you been thinking about.” I asked and turn towards him and saw him smiling as he looked straight ahead.
“ Well I was thinking about us living together, we don't have to sleep together but just live say like room mates more or less. For the baby's sake that is.” He said moving only his eyes towards me.
“ Oh really and you know what I too was thinking the very same thing, but we are just friends and for our baby's sake.” I said as I took hold of Nick's hand and just held it.
“ Then I guess it's settled we live together, but on one condition though, we get to see other people.” Nick said as he squeezed my hand as to make me agree to what he was saying.
“ So you really don't believe in marriage do you Nick?” I asked sounding somewhat upset for what he was of me.
“ Yes and No, I guess you can blame my parents for that, it's what I saw through their marriage that I don't really want anything to do with being married; but then there are times that I want to be married and have a family so that way I would have someone to carry on my name.” he said as we stopped again just before we turned on the Tamiami Trail and heading down to my home.
“ Yeah from what I saw and heard too from BJ, I can understand what you are talking about they were pretty nasty to each other towards the end of their marriage. And you can say I understand where you're coming from. But if you need anything just ask me. I'm always there for you no matter what and if you want to see other girls then I guest I will grant your wishes.” I said looking out the window and watching the other cars go by.
“ Ok, Well I guess I can start moving in after next week, because I have to go to Sweden to do some recording for the next three weeks.” He said pulling into my neighborhood.
“ Ok that sounds fine, what I'll do is get a key made for you so that way you can move things in when I'm not here.” I said as I saw Mrs. Hamilton walking down the street with her yapping little dog.
“ Ok that sounds great, I think I'll call Chris and get him to help me and what stuff that I don't need at the moment I can put in a storage place or sale it or something.” Nick said as he turned into my driveway.
“ Ok that's good, great Mrs. Hamilton will be talking about us oh well. Thanks for coming and I hope that you had a great time.” I said unbuckling my seat belt.
“ I take it that she is your nosy neighbor and she will spill the news of us being together.” Nick said as he unbuckled his belt.
“ Yeah she will tell the whole neighborhood too.” I said as I heard Mrs. Hamilton's dog barking at something and they were close by too.
“ Great, just when I thought I could get away from nosy people.” he said as I leaned towards him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
“ Tell me about it.” was all I got to say before Nick put his hand around the back of my head and pulled it closer to him.
He leaned even closer to me as he pulled me closer and I felt his lips upon mine and we began making out in the car.
“ Um ... Nick I think we should stop, or you can come in and we can continue this inside the house.” I said moving away from him and trying to catch my breath.
“ You're right, but I think I better get going. I'll call you tomorrow to give you more info about the stuff that I will be doing over the next few weeks.” he said sitting back up in his seat and began to buckle up his seat belt.
“ Oh ok, I talk to ya later then.” I said getting a little upset because he didn't want to have sex with me, but yet he would screw his groupies.
Getting out of the car I waved bye and watched him pull out of the drive way before walking up the walk way to the front door.
Unlocking the door, and walked into the house. Putting my purse on the small table that I have set up in the entry way.
Chessie came up to me and began weaving around my legs and meowing at me.
“ Hey baby, come on sweetie lets see what we can find on TV.” I said to the cat as I picked him up and carried him into the den.
Sitting down on the couch and putting Chessie on the back of the couch where he laid down and watched me taking off my shoes before reaching for the remote. Turning it on I began to surf the channels for something to watch. And what I found was the food channel that had something good to watch.
A month has passed since Nick and I thought it was a great idea for him to move in, and three days after he came home from Sweden he moved in with the help from Chris. Of course I was out of town when he moved in, because my dad got sick so I flew out to New York to help my mom out with him.
And of course Nick has been seeing other girls but he was thoughtful enough not to bring them here, they would go to the girl's house or to one of his other houses that he has.
I stopped at the red light and waited for the light to turn green my phone began to ring.
“ Hello?” I said as I answered the phone.
“ Hey Jenn, when are you leaving work?” Nick asked as he walked out of his room and headed for the kitchen.
“ I have already left, I needed to get a few things from the store, so do you need anything while I'm here?” I asked as turned into the shopping center that the grocery store was in.
“ Um... yeah I need some toothpaste, what are you getting for dinner tonight?” Nick asked as he looked into the fridge and trying to find something to eat.
“ Ok toothpaste I was thinking about getting some chicken, I'm thinking mostly roasted chicken, with corn and mash potatoes.” I said finding a parking space close to the store.
“ Yum that sounds so great, I guess I can wait until dinner to get something to eat.” Nick said closing the fridge door and opening the bottle of water that he had gotten out of the fridge.
“ Ok, well I start dinner when I get home, Oh can you feed Chessie for me please.” I said getting out of the car and walking across the parking lot and walking into the building.
I grabbed a buggy and began walking in the produce department and getting stuff that I need from there.
“ Ok not a problem, well the phone is about to die so I better get going, see you when you get here.” Nick said as his phone began to beep to let him know that his phone is about to die.
“ Ok see you in about forty-five minutes to an hour then.” I said before we hung up our phones.
I walked up and down isles picking up the stuff that I needed and then the last thing I went to was the deli so that way I could get the chicken, corn and mash potatoes. Then it was thirty minutes later I was walking out of the store and putting the groceries into the car.
It was thirty minutes later I was pulling into the drive way, and parking next to Nick's car.
He came out and helped me get the groceries inside the house. He began putting the stuff away as I started putting dinner together and heating it up in the over.
Fifteen minutes later Nick and I were sitting in the den watching TV while we ate our dinner.
“ Oh tomorrow the crib and dressing table will be delivered here so is there anyway you can be here?” I asked as the commercial came on the TV.
“ Sure I was going to play basketball with Brent and Chris, but they had some things come up so I'm not going any where. I'll be here writing some songs while I'm waiting for the items.” he said getting up and taking my empty plate and his; and walking into the kitchen and putting the plates into the dishwasher.
“ Thanks Nick, I would be here but I have to be at the Arena for Britney Spears' concert that is taking place tomorrow night and I have to give a small interview before her show. I should be here around eight or nine.” I said sitting further back on the couch and trying to get somewhat comfy.
“ Ok, well I do have a date for tomorrow night so I may or may not be home when you get here, it just depends on how things go with Kallie.” Nick said as he came back into the room and sat back down on the couch and took my feet in his lap and began rubbing them.
“ Ok well I hope you have a great time then, thanks Nick that feels really great, they are starting to swell up now.” I said as I laid back and closed my eyes as I felt Nick rubbing my feet and making them feel some better.
Two hours later we were saying good night to each other and heading into our bedrooms and going to bed.