- Text Size +
Chapter 9

It has been two weeks since I was hospitalize, from a car accident that I was in and now I’m here laying in the darkness, even though I’m now awake, I feel that I’m somewhat in a fog.
“Morning Nick, I thought that maybe you would like something to eat.” Leighanne said as she and Brian came walking into room.
“Huh … what… oh hey Leigh-Leigh and B, oh thank you.” Nick said as he got up off the cot and came over to Leighanne and took the bag that she held out to him.
“You’re welcome, it may not be much but it will kill the hunger. I’ll set your coffee over here on the tray when you are ready for it.” Brian said as he put the cup down on the tray.
“Thanks, so what are you guys doing here?” Nick said as he sat back down on the cot.
“Well I had to come and hear it for myself. Is it true in what Brian told me, you are married?” Leighanne said as she opened up her wrapper from her breakfast sandwich.
“I see, well to answer your question yes it’s true that Jennifer and I are married, and we are expecting a baby too.” Nick said as he took a bite out of his breakfast sandwich.
“ Oh I see well I congurate you and Jennifer, and I want you to know that I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers, and hope that she wakes up soon from the her coma, and also pray for the baby too.” Leighanne said as she gave Nick a small smile.
“ Morning Nick, Oh I see that you have visitors. I’m Bonnie, I will be Jennifer’s nurse today, and we will be having an ultrasound machine coming up this morning so that we can see how the baby is doing. Let me get over please so that way I can do her vitals and then I’ll let you have this spot back ok.” Bonnie said as she and Brian traded places so that way she could do the vital signs.
“ Ok well I’m going to go and get her breakfast so I’ll be right back so far everything is normal, and she isn’t running a fever today which is good.” She said as she and Brian moved back into their places and she left the room so she could get Jennifer’s liquid breakfast.
“ Well that’s a great thing that she is doing fine, the only thing we need is for her to wake up from the coma.” Brian said as he began fixing his coffee.
“ Yeah, I just wish that she would wake up, so that way I can take her home. The court date for the person who hit her is coming up in two weeks, and I hope the punk ass gets what is coming to him you know.” Nick said getting up and picking the cup of coffee that was sitting on the tray.
“ If you want we can go to the trial with you if you want us too.” Brian said as he took a sip of his coffee and almost burned his tongue.
“ Sure that sounds great, and I really do hope that bastard gets what is coming to him.” Nick said as took his coffee and took a sip of the coffee.
“ You know I don’t swear that much, I do agree with you sweetie, that bastard does need to pay.” Leighanne said and both Brian and Nick looked at her in total shock because of what she had said.
“ Ok here we go, and I hate to say this but I need everyone to clear the room for a little bit, because they need to do the ultrasound now.” Bonnie said as she came back into the room and was followed by the ultrasound tech.
“ Morning everyone, I just have to move the bed that is here, and if the father is here then he can stay, but I have to have everyone else to please step outside the room so I can do this ok.” The tech said as she went over to the cot and folded it up so that she can move it into the corner so that way she could move the machine over to the left side.
“ Well bro we have to get going, because Leighanne’s sister has to go somewhere, and she can only stay with Baylee for an hour more. Give us a call if anything else changes ok, love ya bro.” Brian said as he came over to Nick and gave him a brotherly hug, before Leighanne came over and did the same thing.
“ Ok I will and thank you for breakfast, and coming to stay with me for a little bit. Give my love to Baylee, and see you soon.” Nick said as he return both Leighanne and Brian’s hugs.
Brian and Leighanne walked out of the room and headed home so that way Leighanne’s sister could go do what ever it was that she need to do.
Nick went over to the chair that was on the right side of the bed and sat down and just watched the tech do what she had to do.
“ Well Mr. Carter I do have wonderful news for you and if you like you can hear it for yourself, the baby is fine. “ the tech said as she gave Nick a smile and then unplugged the headphones from the machine so that way Nick could hear the heartbeats of the baby.
“ Oh man that is a wonderful sound, hey baby do you hear that our baby is doing fine.” Nick said as he grabbed my hand and held, as he told me that our baby was doing fine, and then I felt a tear drop hit my hand, and Nick began to cry.
“ I will leave you alone now and let your nurse know that she can hook up the IV now, you both have a great day, and here is picture of the baby. Because the way the legs are we can’t tell what the sex is.” The tech is as she made a copy of the picture of the baby.
“ It’s ok we don’t want to know what we are having.” Nick said with a smile on his face as he took the picture from the lady.
The lady got up and put the stuff up before she pushed the machine out of the room and headed back downstairs to radiology so she could put the machine up and do what she needed to do.
“ Ok lets get this hooked up and flowing in her, I’ll be back in an hour ok and you have a great day.” Bonnie said as she came into the room and began the IV.
“ I know that you are here with me Jen. Please baby girl wake up, I can’t last a much longer without you, I know I keep telling myself that we just married because we where drunk and stupid, but now I know that isn’t true. That’s because I have learn that I love you more than anything, and I can’t live with out you so please baby wake up and come back to me, I love you with all my heart and soul.” Nick said as he took a hold of my hand and just held it as he begged me to wake up from my coma, and even began to cry.
I was trying to wake up to let him know that I could hear what he was saying and that I loved him too.
“ Um… Nick… I love … you… too….” I manage to say and squeezing his hand.
“ Oh My God Jenny you’re awake.” Nick said in total surprise as he heard me talk to him.
“ Yes… I’m … a… wake….” Was all I could say because the tube was in my way.
Nick called for the nurse and she said that once the protein bag emptied out she was going to see about taking the tube out off my throat so that way I could breath on my own.
Four hours later I was fully awake, and breathing on my own, even though I was still hurting deep inside me so that was one reason why they didn’t want to move me around so much, and the other reason is they didn’t want me to start bleeding again and miscarried the baby.
It was around 9 pm when the nurse came back into the room and gave me something that wouldn’t hurt the baby, but it made me go to sleep.
At one point in the middle of the night I woke up and saw Nick laying down in the cot sound a sleep.
I just closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.