- Text Size +
Chapter 13

I pulled up to Jennette’s house and both her and Lindsey came out the front door.
“ Hey Gillian and how are you doing this morning?” Jennette asked as she got into the front seat, and Lindsey got into the back seat.
“ Hey guys, I’m doing pretty good thank, just been really busy at the hospital is all, and how are you guys doing.” I said as we started off for the movie theater.
“ Hey, I’m doing pretty good too, and I have been really busy at the hospital due to the fact that we are having babies born every day.” Lindsey said as she laughed, because she knows how crazy it is at the hospital, because she too works there.
“ That’s right I forgot that you work in the Maternity Ward, thank goodness my department really isn’t that busy.” Jennette said with a small laugh, and that’s because she works in the Physical Therapy Department.
“ How is that we found three wonderful people while working where we do, and of course doing what they do.” Lindsey said as I pulled away from the curb.
“ So how did you guys meet Kevin and AJ?” I asked as we headed down town.
“ Well I met Kevin when he was doing physical therapy for his knee that he had surgery on.” Jennette said as we pulled out of the apartment complex.
“ Oh yeah I forgot that he had surgery on one of his knees, so what about you Lindsey how did you meet AJ.” I said as turned onto the main road.
“ Well the first time I met him was at a meet and greet and I told him what I did and what hospital I worked at so when he too had to go through physical therapy for his knee, he remembered that I worked at the hospital and he came down to see me, and each time he came to the hospital he saw me, and then when he didn’t have to be at therapy he started showing up see me.” Lindsey said just as her phone began to ring.
“ I see, so have we figured out what movie we are going to see yet.” I said as I heard Lindsey say her sister’s name.
“ I was thinking about the new Pirate movie, man I love Johnny Depp.” Jennette said as her phone started ringing too.
“ That sounds great.” Both Lindsey and I said together.
We made small talk as we headed down the road to the huge movie theater and we did come together and thought it would be cool to see the next Pirate movie.
“ Hello?” I said as I drove around looking around for a parking space.
“ Hey Gill what are you doing?” Nick said as he tried to wash his dog.
“ Hey Nick, well I’m with Jennette and Lindsey and we are going to the movies. What are you doing you sound like you’re in a very echory room.” I said trying to figure out where he is at.
“ That sounds like fun, right now I’m in the bathroom and no I’m going to the bathroom, I’m trying to wash Layla she got muddy.” Nick said as he dumped some water over Layla’s head so he could get some soap off her head.
“ I wasn’t thinking that, oh poor baby girl how did she do that?” I said as Jennette hung up her phone.
“ I had just finished watering the grass and she just happen to find the one spot that was muddy.” He said as soaped up Layla’s right leg again.
“ I know that spot you are talking about, oh before I forget what do you want for dinner tonight?” I asked as I finally found a space and parked the car.
“ Um…I was thinking chicken, mash potatoes and cole slaw.” Nick said as he started on the back leg.
“ In other words you want KFC?” I said with a laugh because I was thinking the same thing for dinner.
“ Yeah that sounds great, all dark meat please and original too, oh and to drink I would like to have sweet tea.” He said as he reached over for the towel so that way Layla could get on it and he put another towel over her so she couldn’t get him and everything else wet when she shook.
“ Ok that sounds great to me, um… I was wondering if I should let the girls know.” I said as I saw both of them looking straight at me with questioning looks on their faces.
“ Yeah they can know, because in away I already told Kevin and AJ this afternoon at lunch sorry Gill.” Nick said as he began rubbing down Layla.
“ That’s ok, I know what stays in the Backstreet camp stays there.” I said before we hung up with each other.
“ Is there something that we should know Gill?” Lindsey asked as she opened the door.
“ You can say that, but what I’m going to tell you guys you have to promise that no one but us knows ok.” I said looking at both girls.
“ We promise.” Both of them said together.
“ Well Nick and I are dating, but we really want to keep it quiet, just like you guys with Kevin and AJ.” I said before getting out of the car.
“ You know we won’t say a word and welcome to our world Gill.” Jennette said as we headed to the building.
After the movie I took both girls back to Jennette’s apartment before going to KFC and getting mine and Nick’s dinner.
“ Well I better get going, I have to go in for a couple of hours for a meeting tomorrow morning.” I said as I started yawning.
“ Why don’t you stay the night, so that way you don’t have to drive in the rain.” Nick said as we sat there and listen to the thunder rumble over the house.
“ Are you sure Nick, because I have to get up really early and I really don’t want to wake you up.” I said as he pulled me on to his lap.
“ I don’t care about that, just waking up next to you is a blessing and I would feel better knowing that you are safe.” He said before he started kissing me.
“ Ok you win, I’ll stay and I feel the same way too, I love you Nick.” I said returning his kiss.
“ I love you too Gillian, well with that said lets go to bed.” Nick said moving me off his lap then putting his arm around me as we headed down to his bedroom.