- Text Size +
Chapter 14

“ Hey guys come on in and have a cup of coffee before we head out.” I said as I opened the door and saw Claudia and Christine standing on my front porch.
“ Hey Gill, thanks. How are you doing this morning.” Claudia said as she walking into the house.
“ I’m doing great, man you guys don’t know what this trip means to me.” I said as we headed into the kitchen.
“ I take it you have had some rough nights at the hospital.” Christine said as she went over to the cup tree and grabbed her and Claudia a cup.
“ Yeah it has been pretty rough we had four victims that were shot at.” I said as I remembered that one of the people had died two days ago.
“ I remember two of the people because they came on my shift, and as a matter of fact I was one of the RNs who worked on when they came in.” Christine said as she remembered the guy.
“ He wasn’t the one with a tattoo on him was it?” I asked as I watched Christine pour herself a cup of coffee.
“ No the two guys that was with me didn’t have any tattoos, and yes I do know that one of the guys that was brought in two nights ago had passed away from his injuries.” Christine said as she added sugar to her coffee.
“ That guy was on my shift and no I didn’t have him as a patient.” Claudia said as she poured herself a cup of coffee.
We stood there for another twenty minutes talking about a few things about work before finishing up our coffee.
We headed towards the front door and I grabbed my bag before heading out of the door and locking up for the weekend.
“ So how is Steven doing with his new job.” I asked Claudia as I put my bag in the trunk.
“ He really likes it, it’s less stressful then what he was doing before.” Claudia said as we got into her car.
“ That’s really great I know that you were somewhat worried about him, because of his health.” I said as I got into the front seat and buckled up.
“ Yeah it got some bad towards the end, he went to the doctor a couple of days ago, and the pressure was down some, but still a tad high but was told that if it was normal at the next appointment then he will reduce his medicine.” Claudia said buckled up and started up the car.
“ That is so great to hear that, so how was your date the other night Chris.” I said as I turned in the seat so I could face Christine.
“ It was pretty good, we had a great night and before you say any thing there was no sex, but I can say is he has soft lips.” Christine said as she started to blush some as she told us that she and her date did kiss.
“ Oh man you guys are acting like school girls, but you know that’s how I feel like this weekend, all I can say PARTY!” Claudia called out as we got onto the express way and headed to Miami.
Four hours later we pulled up to the hotel and checked into the hotel.
“ I’m going to put on bathing suit and hit the pool.” Christine said as we got onto the elevator.
“ That sounds great to me, what about you Claudia?” I asked as saw Claudia yawn.
“ I think I’m going to lay down for a couple of hours, that’s because I really didn’t sleep to well last night.” Was all she could say as she started yawning again.
We got to the floor and went to our rooms where Christine and I put on our bathing suits and Claudia heading straight to bed.
By the time the weekend ended we were well rested and even tanned when we headed for home and to our boyfriends and pets.