- Text Size +
Chapter 19

“ So what are you doing tonight for dinner?” my mom asked as we walked through the produce section of the store.
“ Well Nick is taking me out for dinner tonight but after that I don’t have a clue.” I said as I picked up a bag of oranges and put them in my cart.
“ Oh I see, well I hope that you guys have a wonderful dinner then, I want both of you guys over at the house this weekend for dinner and I will not take no for answer so please be at the house before five.” Mom said as she grabbed some apples and few limes.
“ Ok we will be there and I will have to tell Nick that you will not take no for an answer, can you grab me some seedless grapes please.” I said as I saw the grapes but couldn’t get to them because my mom standing in front of them.
“ Ok, I see that you are eating healthier now, so that means leaving the hospital has made you slow down some and get a chance to eat and enjoy your food.” Mom said with a laugh.
“ Yeah in away you can say that, and Nick has been helping me too. Ok I need some lemons and then head over to the spice area and pick up some herbs.” I said as I look down at my list of things that I need for dinner tomorrow night.
“ That’s great to know that he is helping you out there, so what are you cooking for dinner tomorrow night.” Mom asked as I picked up six lemons and then we headed for spice area.
“ I’m doing a roasted herb chicken and even potatoes with mixed veggies for dinner.” I said as we reached the isle and started walking down to where the herbs were.
“ Oh man that sounds so good, I’m thinking about making a pot roast.” Mom said as she too started looking for some spices that she need.
“ Oh um… you think you could save me some and I can pick it up Tuesday for dinner, because Nick will be in the studio with the guys and they are going to be working late in finishing up the album by this weekend.
“ Sure if you like I can save some for Nick too so that way you can send him some too.” Mom said as she finished gathering up the spices that she need and I too finished picking my spices.
Thirty minutes later we were walking into my mom’s house and there I got a huge surprise in seeing Nick sitting there watching TV with my father.
“ Hey Nick, um… I didn’t see your car how did you get here?” I asked when I realized that I didn’t see his car in the drive way.
“ Hey oh I asked Brain to take me here, that’s because the house was on his way.” Nick said as he looked up from the conversation that he was having with my father.
“ Oh I see, well let me help mom with the groceries and then we can leave so that way we can get ready for tonight.” I said as I lifted up one of the bags that I was holding.
“ Ok that sounds good to me I would like to lay down for a couple of hours before we have to get ready for dinner tonight.” Nick said as he nodded to me and picked up the glass of tea that was sitting beside him and he took a sip of it.
“ Yeah that sound like a great idea I too think I’ll lay down for a couple hours also.” I said before following my mom into the kitchen.
I set the bags that I was holding on to the counter and started taking the stuff out of the bags and putting them down on the counter.
“ So I wonder what Nick and your dad was taking about right before we came into the house, you saw how they stopped talking when we came in.” mom said as she put the milk into the fridge.
“ Yeah so I wonder what those two are plotting.” I said with a laugh before I started handing mom her groceries.
After helping putting the groceries up I went into the living room where I got Nick and we left my parents’ house and I took him to his house before heading home myself.
Four hours later Nick and I were sitting at the table waiting for our food to come to us and that’s when I realize Nick was acting a little strange.
“ Nick are you ok?” I asked as I watched him fiddle around with something that was in his pants pocket.
“ Yeah I’m fine why do you ask.” He said looking straight at me.
“ Well for starters your fiddling around with something that is in your pocket.” I said looking at him and saw that he was nervous about something.
“ Well yeah there is something that I want to ask you something.” He said getting up and then coming over to me and went down on one knee.
“ Um… Nick what are you…” was all I could say when I realized what was going on.
“ I know we have known each other for a short time, but it seems like we have known each other for ever, well I was wondering if you would spend the rest of your life with me as my wife, Gillian will you marry me?” Nick asked as he pulled out the most beautiful diamond and ruby ring.
I just sat there for a few minutes in total shock and then tears started coming to my eyes when I realized what he just asked me.
“ Yes Nick I will marry you I love you so very much.” I said throwing myself at him and he held me in his arms as he started kissing me, before sliding the ring onto my finger.
“ I love you too Gill, and you make me the most happiest person on the world.” Nick said as he stood up and hugged and kissed me one more time before heading back to his seat.
“ Let me guess this is what you and my dad was talking about when mom and I came into the house.” I said as I remembered that both him and my dad were deep conversation.
“ Yeah you can say that I asked your father if was ok if I asked you to marry me, I was getting his blessing.” Nick said with a huge smile on his face before taking my hand and held it.
“ I see let me guess he said yes.” I said as I looked down at our hands that were joined together.
“ Yeah he said yes.” Was all he said before the waiter came back to our table with our dinner.
After dinner Nick and I headed over to his house where we made love to each other half the night before cuddling up in each other’s arms and falling sound asleep.