- Text Size +
[Flashback]

March 1, 1993
Orlando, Florida

Eight kids all sat in a room alone with no adults. They were all about the same age, two or three may have been a little older than the others. They were all cute, with big smiles and dressed nice, but different.

They all wanted to be famous.

Then walked in a girl, tall, with wavy auburn looking hair and a guitar case. She took the only available seat between a blonde boy and another blonde girl.

"Hey ya'll, I'm Scarlett," she said as everybody in the quiet room looked at them.

"Nick," the boy said, reaching over to shake her hand quickly. "I'm from Tampa."

"I'm from Clearwater," the blonde girl on the opposite side of Scarlett said. "I'm Piper."

"I'm from Tennessee, but we moved to Orlando a few years ago," Scarlett said.

"Do you play the guitar?" Nick asked as Scarlett nodded. "I play the drums. We should get out of here and go start a band. I can sing. I sing really good."

"I don't play any instruments," Piper said. "But I can act. I love to act."

But the room went quiet when a lady walked out with a clipboard. "Hi kids," she said as everybody looked at her. "We're going to be calling you back one by one to audition with your parents back here. Piper Marsh, you're first."

"Wish me luck," Piper said as Nick and Scarlett wished her good luck and watched her walk back with the lady and the door closed.

"I'm nervous," Nick said as Scarlett looked at him. "If we don't make it, do you want to start our own band? I come to Orlando all the time."

"Sure!" Scarlett said, reaching into her guitar case to find a little notepad and pencil. "Here's my phone number at my house, so if my parents answer, just tell them you're one of my classmates."

"You're the first girl to ever give me her number," Nick said as Scarlett giggled slightly. "That's what they say on TV anyway."

"Scarlett Jackson," another woman said standing at the door.

"Promise you'll call me about being in a band," Scarlett said as Nick nodded and wished her good luck. She held her guitar case and walked down the hallway until she saw a room where Piper was jumping up and down.

She must have made it.

The lady led her into the same room and Scarlett saw her parents sitting off to the side.

"Scarlett, you made it," the lady said as Scarlett looked at her. "Welcome to the Mickey Mouse Club."

"Oh my God, you made it too!" Piper squealed as she rushed over to Scarlett, hugging her. "We can be best friends forever now even though we just met, but we can! I don't have a best friend."

"Me either!" Scarlett smiled.

[/Flashback]