- Text Size +

January 27, 2010

[Nick]

[Flashback January 28th, 1998]

"I am so glad I've got this fake I.D." Piper waved around a little card, making me snatch it right away.

"Who in the hell is Bridgette St Claudstein. You sound like some weird mass murderer. And it says here you are 35." I snorted, handing the card to Scarlett, who silently looked at it and shook her head.

"Hey, it got me a beer for you, so shut it!" She turned in her seat, scanning the bar we were in.

It was my 18th birthday, and it was Scarlett and Pipers first trip to Europe. We were currently in Germany celebrating mine and Scarlett's 18th, which was the day before mine. We were lucky, being that we could drink in Europe at 18, it was only Piper, who was still 16 and technically under my fathers guardianship whilst here, who had to have a fake I.D. But then of course, my father was no where to be seen.

"This place is a little loud."

I turned to Scarlett, who was drinking some alcopop. She was always quiet in places like this, and I could tell it really wasn't her thing, but she'd come along anyways. Probably because me and Piper had been so excited. "Wait till the music changes and we can all dance. You both can give me a birthday dance!" I wiggled my eyebrows at them both, making them groan.

"You are not dancing anywhere near me!" Piper said, waving her finger at me. "Not when there's a hot German boy over there... helloooo!" She started waving at some guy across the bar.

"I don't think she should be here." I whispered to Scarlett, who just smiled.

"It's Piper. She can take care of herself." She smiled at me before holding her drink up. "Happy 18th, Carter."

I picked up my beer, and we chinged our glasses together. "Happy 18th Scar." We both took a sip, still looking at each other when the table shifted. I looked up to see AJ standing there with some blonde girl. My eyes naturally gravitated to the girls top, or lack of. She had some boobies on her, man.

"Nickolas! I have you a present!"

I chuckled at AJ, who was clearly wasted.

"This is Karin. She just told me she likes you... " He winked at me as Karin sat in the chair beside me. I glanced over at Scarlett and Piper, who were both watching.

"Uh, thanks AJ, but I'm kinda busy..."

AJ took no notice and walked off, leaving me with my two stunned friends, and a blonde who's hands were travelling up my leg and towards my crotch. I stopped her hands moving and gave her a smile.

"I'm sorry, but my friend is drunk and confused. I'm busy."

The girl pouted at me. "You no want me?"

I went to reply when Scarlett stood up beside me.

"Move it, bitch!"

I raised an eyebrow and Piper also stood up and proceeded to move the blonde girl away from me. It was entertaining to say the least, but at the same time I felt a little guilty. I knew had they not been there that I probably would of ducked off somewhere with blondie and had some fun. I just couldn't do that whilst they were here, I didn't want them to know that side of me.

"What a skank!" Scarlett sat next to me, sitting in the chair Blondie had been in, and glared at me. "You best not touch anyone like that."

"Yea, what she said!" Piper sat beside me in Scarletts old seat and took my hand. "She was nasty. You're a great guy, Nick. Don't sleep with ho's like that."

I looked at them both before wrapping my arms around them and hugging them close. Sure, I was a guy with girl best friends, but they really did have my back, and I was glad they were here.

[/Flashback]


[/Nick]

 


 

[Scarlett]

I was 30. I felt old as shit. Nick was turning 30 the next day, but I was 30 now and he wouldn't let me forget that he was now dating an older woman. He kept texting me, calling me a cougar. I wanted to smack him until he showed up at my door in a suit and tie and flowers and said he had me a present but that he couldn't give it to me yet.

We were leaving to go to Europe late the next afternoon and would be gone for at least six weeks, unless I came back early. But there was a part of me that kind of wanted to stick it out the whole time. Plus, Piper had already said she would visit us.

But tonight would be interesting. Nick and I were going out to eat, on a double date with Piper and Dylan. Nick wasn't too happy about it, but I told him it was my birthday and I wanted to spend it with him and Piper and if that meant Dylan would come along so Piper wasn't feeling awkward, then so be it.

"You finish packing?" Nick asked, looking over at me as I nodded and smiled. "Did I ever tell you that I liked when you wear heels?"

"No..."

"I do," he said as I chuckled. "I like when you wear red, too. It goes with your hair and makes your eyes more blue."

"What's with all the compliments?" I asked as he made a face and pulled into the restaurant. "I'm pretty sure we're already dating now. Don't get all awkward first date Nick again, alright?"

"That bitch is gone," he laughed as the valet opened the car doors and we both got out of his car. I straightened my short, red party dress and as Nick walked up to me, saw him checking out my legs and realized that's what he meant.

"Are you packed for the tour?" I asked as he winked at me. "With more than a backpack full of clothes?"

"You know me way too fucking well," he muttered as he talked to the hostess and she started to show us to our seat. "I can be your Barbie doll if you want to dress me all the time though. I don't mind."

"That just sounds kinky."

"Well you are a cougar at least for the night," he said as we sat down at a table and I realized that Piper and Dylan weren't here yet. "And you don't have to warn me. I know, be on my best behavior for this asshat that's coming."

"Maybe if you're a good boy, you'll get rewarded," I whispered as he looked up at me quickly, raising an eyebrow.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

Dylan held my hand as we walked into the restaurant. He'd been looking forward to meeting Nick and Scarlett properly, and I was too. I knew Nick wasn't too fond of him, but then both me and Scarlett had reminded him constantly that he didn't know him.

"Can you see them?"

I glanced around the place, spotting a couple laughing at the bar, and one making out at a table. I glanced around again before realizing the couple making out was Nick and Scarlett, and I couldn't help it. I stared.

They were so into each other, it was actually cute, well.. unless you knew that I'd been fucking Nick for years up until a month ago, then you'd think it was a little bit weird that I was here watching them. But it was then I truly knew I was completely happy for them. I looked up at Dylan, who had been watching me the whole time it seemed.

"They are the ones playing tonsil hockey over there."

Dylan chuckled, glancing over. "Shall we give them a moment?"

I shook my head. "Nah." I tugged on his hand, and we walked over. I cleared my throat loudly, making them both fly apart. Scarlett blushed instantly, and Nick, he just looked at me like he expected me to be mad. But then his eyes turned to Dylan and he in turn looked mad. "Sorry, but y'all looked like you needed to come up for some air."

"Sorry..." Scarlett said before standing up.

"It's alright." I hugged her, before Nick walked over and hugged me too. "This is Dylan. Dylan, this is Nick and Scarlett."

He greeted them both, getting a less than enthusiastic response from Nick before we both sat down. The waiter came over, and all of us but Dylan ordered an alcoholic drink, whilst he had a water. Nick gave him a weird look, so I decided to break the weird tension around the table.

"So, I have gifts!" I smiled at them both as I took the gift bags I'd had Dylan carry in for me. I handed one to each of them and couldn't help but beam as they both went to town opening the gifts.

It was tradition that we didn't spend alot on each other, so that we kept ourselves grounded and real, but what with them both turning 30, I couldn't not spoil them. I'd got Scarlett a gift reciept for a new guitar, being that she freaked out everytime she took her favourite one anywhere other than the studio, and I'd brought Nick a shit ton of games for his PC. It wasn't crazy, but I knew they'd appreciate them.

"Oh my god, Piper!" Scarlett had tears in her eyes as she read the note I'd put in the card. "I can't believe you did this..."

"Well, you're always worried about your guitar. Figured if you got a new one you could leave the old one at home."

"Thank you so much!" She blew me a kiss across the table, making me pretend to catch it and hold it in my hand.

"And seriously, I only told you about this game the other week!" Nick held it up, and I felt a sense of pride knowing I'd got him something he'd like. I knew things with his family were weird, so he deserved the best.

"I'm glad you like it, both of you."

They both smiled at me, and I think they'd forgotten Dylan was there until he held up his glass and declared a toast. I took his hand in mine and gazed at him, a wide smile on my face as he toasted my two best friends.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Nick]

Yeah, I didn't care what Piper or Scarlett said. I still didn't like this Dylan guy. He had a shady look in his eye. He kept looking at Piper like he owned her and Piper wasn't one to be owned by anybody. And she kept looking at him weird, like gazing at him as if she was in love with him and well, Piper wasn't into that either.

I looked over at Scarlett at one point and she looked at me and I'm pretty sure we were thinking the same thing. Piper just seemed a little different when he was around. And it had nothing to do with being jealous. It was just weird.

"So Nick, what do you do?" Dylan asked as I looked at him blankly. "Job wise."

"I'm a singer...." I said, my voice trailing off before I chuckled.

"Anything I know?" he asked as I looked at Piper who gave me a look.

"He's a Backstreet Boy," Scarlett spoke up. "Only the best selling boy band in history and one of the best selling groups of all time."

"Oh, like Justin Timberlake," Dylan said as my eyes narrowed on him and I felt Scarlett touch my leg to stop me from leaping over the table and strangling the son of a bitch.

"Only better," Piper spoke up.

"Yeah," I said as I looked at Scarlett. "I'll be right back," I said as I stood up and made my way to the back of the restaurant where the rest rooms were. I walked in the men's room and wanted to punch the wall. He knew who I was. He was probably only trying to show off for Piper.

I just didn't understand it.

Nick, are you in there?

"What Scarlett?" I asked as the door opened and Scarlett walked in and immediately looked around. "Nobody else is in here."

"Don't, please..."

"He's an asshole, he knows who I am," I hissed. "What the hell is Piper doing with that guy besides making a movie?"

"Are you jealous?"

"God no... I'm not jealous," I sighed. "I just get this bad vibe from him, Scarlett. Don't you see how weird she's acting? Tell me you don't see that."

"Yeah, but... I'm acting different with you now..."

"It's different with us. We've known each other forever... but I just... I don't trust that guy with her," I said as she took my hand, leading me out of the bathroom.

"Just, make it through the dinner, okay?" she said, looking back at me as I nodded and we made our way back to the table. "The women's bathroom was being worked on." I looked at Scarlett, knowing she rarely lied but she lied then.

"I'm going to miss you guys when you leave tomorrow," Piper said, almost pouting at us.

"Well, you know you can come over and visit and travel with us anytime you want," I said, looking from her to Dylan. "Anytime."

[/Nick]

 


 

[Piper]

Dinner was over pretty quickly. Dylan had asked if they wanted to go somewhere to talk and hang out, but Nick had been adamant that they had to go home and sleep before their flight the next day. I was a little bummed, being that I was going to miss them like mad, and we'd spent ten minutes saying goodbye before they left.

Dylan drove me back to my place, and parked his car before climbing out. I stayed where I was, feeling my usual sad feeling when knowing my friends were leaving. "Come on beautiful..." He'd opened the car door, and urged me to get out. I took his hands and let him pull me out before he hugged me. "You ok?"

"I'm going to miss them." I sniffled, wrapping my arms around him as he held me.

"They'll be back before you know it, and anyways... you have me. You'll be fine."

I looked up at him and smiled. Comments like that weren't really weird to me anymore, it's just how Dylan expressed his feelings. He leaned down and kissed me before walking us inside.

I changed into my pyjamas and curled up on the couch as Dylan made us both a drink. I wasn't sure if he was staying until he kicked off his shoes and jacket and sat beside me, holding my hand and just letting me be silent.

But then I felt bad. He shouldn't have to deal with my sulky moods just because my friends were going on tour. I turned to him and cupped his face. "Thank you..."

"For what?" He smiled at me as I stroked the stubble on his cheek.

"For being here, for being nice to my friends, and for being you."

He moved his arms around my waist and pulled me onto his lap. "You don't need to thank me..."

I nodded. "I do. I can't not thank you..."

"You don't get it, do you?" His hands slid up my top as I slowly shook my head at him. "I love you, Piper. I'm in love with you."

I looked at him almost stunned as he slowly pulled my pyjama top off and tossed it across the room.

"I love all of you." He started kissing alone my neck whilst his hands were on my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair as he slowly teased me into a frenzy before taking me upstairs and making me forget everything. That was until I was totally spent, and he was snoring beside me that I realized I hadn't even had a chance to tell him how I felt.

I felt awful, and vowed to make sure he knew when he woke up.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

Nick asked me if I wanted to stay at his place tonight since we've been staying at mine when he stayed over. I didn't mind it. He had gotten a whole new bedroom suit and I hadn't seen it yet. Plus he said my birthday gift was there, so that was another reason to stay there.

I had told him I was making him pack another bag of clothes to take on tour and most of what he wanted to take was dirty, so still in my red dress, I went and threw some clothes in his washing machine and made my way back up the stairs to his bedroom. It was literally ten minutes to midnight and I was tired, but I already knew something was going on when I made it to the top of the stairs.

I saw something flickering from his bedroom and walked in seeing candles lit around. He had a huge new bed with a lot of fluffy looking pillows and there was a cake with a ton of candles on it.

And I didn't know what I wanted more, Nick or the cake. But if I chose Nick, it was gonna take our relationship to a whole other level.

"Happy birthday to us!" he said, having already tossed his jacket off and pulled his dress shirt out of his pants. "It's almost my birthday."

"I like the bed," I smiled, walking into the room and shutting the door so that there was barely any light in the room. "The cake looks good...."

"The cake's not the real present," he said as he walked up to me. "I... I had something made."

"Made?" I asked as he held his first up and a chain fell with a silver heart locket at the end. "You got me a locket?"

"Open it up," he said as I took it from him and finally opened it up to see a photo of us. It was probably one of the first photos we ever took together. We were probably 15 or so and it was at Piper's birthday party that he was actually home for. I looked on the left side of the pendant, on the inside facing the photo and narrowed my eyes in on the writing to see the line from his song, "I Got You."

No they can't touch me, ‘cause I got you.

"You like it?"

"I love it," I smiled as he took it from me. He walked around me and I pulled my hair up, watching him as he put it on me and I let my hair fall back down. "I forgot about that picture."

"Piper got it for me... her Mom had it, so it took a lot of work," he said as I smiled. "I... wanted you to know I'm taking this seriously. You're not... you know, you're not just some random girl."

"I'm not?" I asked as he shook his head and I moved up closer to him. "I have something for you, too." He raised his eyebrows as I turned around and lifted my hair up. "Unzip me."
I felt him slowly unzip my dress and I let it fall to the floor before turning around to face him in my strapless red bra and panties. "You said you liked me in red."

"You should blow..."

"Excuse me?"

"Candles... cake... before they melt," he stuttered as I tried not to crack up laughing. I walked over to blow them out and closed my eyes, making a wish before I did. Blowing out all the candles. "Make a wish?"

"Yeah, but," I smiled, moving back up to him. "It already kind of came true, sort of." I moved my hand up to his shirt, unbuttoning it slowly before he finally just ripped it off, causing me to chuckle. "Eager?"

"I've only kind of been waiting for this for years..." he whispered. "I just... I wish I'd known sooner, you know? I... I was just trying to be a good friend..."

"You're an awesome friend and you always have been, but... it's time for more," I said, reaching for his belt buckle and I could feel him almost stop breathing. I unzipped his pants, feeling him push them down and step out of them.

"You sure you want this for your birthday?" I asked as he nodded slowly before practically scooping me up and dragging me over to the bed, causing me to laugh. I rested my head on the pillows, which were so soft that I almost didn't notice Nick kissing over my chest, reaching behind me to unfasten my bra. "Like opening your present?"

"Dude, you're dirty," he chuckled as he tossed my bra off and started kissing down my stomach until he reached my panties.

And that's when I got nervous.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

I squeezed myself out from under Dylan and walked into my bathroom, making sure to shut the door before turning the light on. I caught sight of my face in the mirror and chuckled. My make up was a mess, and my hair was even worse, but I had a dopey grin on my face that just wouldn't leave.

I'd just got done using the bathroom when there was a knock on the door. Being that I was completely naked, I kinda panicked for a moment before realising it was only Dylan, and that it didn't matter. I reached for the door handle and swung the door wide open. Dylan's eyes drifted down my body before he looked back at my face.

"I woke up and you were gone, and... damn." He moved closer, pulling me against him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he smiled at me. "You are so beautiful."

I giggled, leaning up and kissing him softly before urging him backwards. We kissed until Dylan's legs hit the bed and he sat down, pulling me onto his lap. I ran my hands through his hair as we smiled at each other.

"You know,..." I ran my hand along his cheek. "... I never got to say something to you earlier."

Dylan chuckled. "I did notice..."

I smiled, leaning down and placing kisses on his nose. "It's not like you gave me a chance now, did you." His grip tightened on me, making me smile. I pulled my head back a little and gazed into his eyes. "I.. love you too." I whispered, not quite believing I was saying the three words I'd never said to a guy before. I felt Dylan's hands move along my body before he moved his hand to the back of my neck and guided my mouth to his.

Even though I couldn't believe I'd said the words, I really, really was in love with this man.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

My body was pretty much on fire. I was already wanting to sweat and his lips were on me. I was naked in front of him and it was something I'd never really thought about. I felt him kiss back up my body quickly before hovering his lips over mine. He'd already lost his boxer briefs at one point and I was so nervous I was started to shake a little.

"Happy birthday," I whispered as I smiled at him and he leaned down to kiss me deeply before reaching down to touch me. I gasped against his lips a little, getting lost in his kisses when I felt myself move my legs and I stopped. "Wait..."

"What?" he asked, looking down at me.

"Are you gonna...."

"Oh... I... I'm good, you're good. You're on the pill right?" he asked as I shook my head slowly. "You're not?"

"That's what was causing my migraines so I stopped like a year ago and never got back on them because... I just didn't," I whispered, making a face. "You have none?"

"I've been a good boy," he groaned, making a face.

"It's one time," I said as he stared at me. "I'll go in the morning to the doctor and it'll be okay," whispered as he smiled. "I promise," I whispered, leaning up to kiss him back and he sighed, deepening the kiss.

And then it happened. I gasped against his lips as literally everything I wanted since I semi found out what sex was, was happening. And the weird thing was, all I could think about was the snide remarks Piper made about penis sizes, because holy hell. But she quickly left my mind as we found a rhythm, moving steadily with one another.

It wasn't like I thought it would be. Or maybe he was being different because it was me. It was our first time together. It was special. Maybe he was being all romantic and slow and gentle because it was me. But I didn't really need that. I needed to show him I wasn't that girl he thought I was.

"On your back," I muttered against his lips as we rolled over and I straddled his waist, feeling him inside of me again. I placed my hands on his chest and began riding him slowly, watching him as he stared up at me all wide-eyed. He started moving his hands slowly up my thighs and to my waist.

I felt like I was in charge for a change and I liked it. I felt him move his hands up to my breast before he tried sitting up and I pushed him playfully back down. He laughed a little, moaning at the same time until he grabbed my hands and sat up, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I..." Nick started to say, pressing his lips against mine as I moaned into the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly as we kept it up. He was making me feel things that I'd honestly never felt before and I wasn't even sure I could feel this way. Maybe it was more emotions than actual physical things. My body was pressed against his in pretty much every way possible, his hands on my hips, pressing me down on top of him.

And before I knew it, I was resting my forehead against his, totally out of breath and tingling in places that I didn't know could tingle.

I opened my eyes, seeing him staring into mine and he smiled.

"I think music... isn't the only thing... we're good at together," Nick whispered, totally out of breath. "I'm getting there..."

"Nick..."

"I love you, you already know that, but I'm catching up with you," he whispered as I smiled at him and leaned over to kiss him softly on the lips.

"Happy birthday."

[/Scarlett]