- Text Size +

 

February 21, 2010

[Piper]

"Why do you have to leave? I don't want you to go!"

I glanced at Scarlett as we walked down Oxford Street, in London. We'd spent the morning shopping before I was due to fly back that evening. I had to admit to myself, I didn't really want to leave either, but the movie was due to start filming, and I missed Dylan. "I know, but you guys will be back soon!"

"Hmm..." Scarlett hummed softly, linking her arm through mine. "I love London."

I smiled. "Me too. Remember when we first came here? Nick brought us here on their first European tour, and he took us to Buckingham Palace..."

Scarlett snorted. "Oh god, yea... Nick kept trying to distract the guards, and got us thrown out. That was funny..."

"He's so stupid." I said, making Scarlett elbow me.

"Hey! He's my stupid..."

I smiled at her. "I love seeing you so happy, you know. I'm glad its Nick, too. As stupid as he is I can see how much he adores you. It's about time you had a chance to be happy." I smiled more when Scarlett blushed.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

"I was about to give up in hoping something would even happen," I sighed. "Good thing I got tipsy on New Year's Eve and you kissed Dylan, otherwise I'd probably be pining away in my hotel room or something."

"You are kind of blunt when you're drunk," Piper laughed. "And when you guys record that song, let me hear it because I've been waiting for this shit for years."

"I will, you know I will," I sighed. "So... I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but I overheard Nick talking to Howie..."

"Yes?"

"Howie ran into Joey McIntyre before we left on tour apparently and I think the guys are gonna do something with New Kids on the Block," I whispered as Piper looked at me. "I keep hearing them being mentioned. I overheard Nick and Howie talking at the hotel before they left for the venue."

"Shit."

"I know...."

"That would be..."

"... awesome..."

"It's just my thoughts, but it's weird it's being brought up and stuff," I grinned. "I don't know how the hell Nick's gonna release a solo album and finish this tour then if they do something with New Kids..."

"Busy Nick is a happy Nick, you know that," Piper said. "Bored Nick gets into trouble. Just probably means we won't see each other as much because you'll be with him obviously. Which, you should be with him."

"I don't have to be... Nick's toured without either of us before..."

"You want to be on tour with him when he's on tour," Piper said, looking at me with a stern look.

[/Scarlett]

 


 


[Piper]

"What does that mean?" Scarlett gave me a look, and I hated to have to explain myself.

"Look, the reason me and Nick started hooking up to begin with was because of my sleeping around. He hated it, and he wanted me safe. Then it sorta became a way to keep him safe too." I glanced at Scarlett, who looked like she felt awkward. "And it worked. He didn't sleep around, well... not as much as he probably could have, but it worked. And... I just worry that..."

"He won't cheat on me." Scarlett stated, stopping us from walking. A few people walked into us from behind, complaining about "tourists" and "getting the fuck out of their way" so we stepped to the side.

"I know,"

"So why are you saying this?" She frowned at me, and I realised I may of put my foot in my mouth.

"Because I want you to be happy. I want you both to be happy! I don't want some random whore of a fan trying to ruin you both, thats all."

"I trust him. Don't you?" Scarlett went from looking a little peeved, to worried. "You think he's going to cheat?"

"No... no, jesus no, Scar. I don't. Forget I said anything, Ok." I gave her a smile, but she didn't look convinced. "Really, don't worry about it. You guys are going to be fine. Hell, it'll be me messing my relationship up no doubt!" I chuckled nervously, not liking Scarletts expression on her face.

Maybe it was a good thing I was leaving that day.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

"Well if anybody knows about boy band whores, it's me," I said as we started back walking and Piper glared at me. "Come on... three of the four guys..."

"Damn, I didn't think about that," she laughed. I was trying to change the subject because frankly I didn't even want to think about Nick cheating on me. "All singers. You have a type."

"I don't think he will," I said as Piper nodded. "He knows we would both kill him. But... I mean, there's gonna be times when I'm not with him. The reason I'm supposed to be here now is to work and you see how well that's going. Just wait... wait til you actually have to work with Dylan."

"The sex scenes are gonna be weird on camera..." Piper whispered. "Wait until my parents find out about that..."

"Fuck them," I said, causing Piper to snort. "Seriously, fuck all the parents. Fuck my parents. Fuck your parents. Fuck Nick's parents. Fuck them all. That's why I don't want to have any kids. I don't want to be like any of them."

"Please..."

"Yeah, Nick and I have already talked about that," I laughed. "Never."

"Well you can't even take care of a pet, so it might be a wise choice," she said as I rolled my eyes. Just because I had a turtle that died when I was younger, apparently I can't take care of anything. "Poor Leonardo."

"Dude, we need to get you to the airport," I said, looking at my phone. "We've been out here shopping too long. Or you could just stay."

"No..." Piper sighed, making a face. "I have to get home." I watched her as she went to try and get a taxi and I held our bags, knowing she was going to be leaving me alone with the stupid boy who I probably needed to have a cheating talk with.

That was going to be fun.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

Leaving Scarlett at the airport had actually been harder than I anticipated. I'd already said goodbye to Nick that morning, and even though I missed him, it was Scarlett I'd miss more. I missed talking to her about everything and anything.

My flight went smoothly enough, landing me in LA just before dinner time. Time differences sucked, but my boyfriend meeting me at the gate at the end of it all was totally worth it.

"Surprise!"

I smiled, walking faster towards him and buried myself in his arms. He held me tight, and murmured that he missed me before pulling me back a little so he could kiss me. He literally took my breath away, making me break the kiss. "Damn, you did miss me..." I chuckled, cupping his cheek with my hand. "I missed you too."

"Good. Only the one bag? I was sure you'd come back with more!"

I laughed, pulling my bag close to him. "Nope, just the one." I smiled as he took the bag in one hand, and held my hand with the other. "I think my body clock is messed up though. I feel like I should be sleeping, not walking outside to sunshine."

Dylan squeezed my hand. "Does that mean me taking you out to dinner is a no no?"

I pouted, glancing at him. "Maybe? I'm hella tired, and kinda just wanna curl up, watch some TV and sleep."

"Hmm, ok. I'll drop you home."

It was my turn to squeeze his hand. "With you too, dummy."

"Yea?" He smiled a little, making me pull him close and kiss him. "Yes, with you."

He chuckled, letting go of my hand to wrap his arm around my shoulder and held me close. "Lets take you home then..."

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

The London show was awesome, but it felt different without Piper there and I hated it. I watched part of it, then went back to the dressing room and played around with a song on my laptop that I had been writing. Nick didn't know about it. Nobody knew about it. It wasn't that I wanted to hide it. It's just that I wasn't sure what he would think about it.

And frankly, I didn't know who the song was for me... me, or him.

We headed back to the hotel and ordered room service before relaxing a little and falling asleep. Except, I only slept for maybe thirty minutes before I woke up, thinking about what Piper had said. I kept looking over at Nick. I had toured with him before and never saw him pick up groupies, at least not in the past few years. But I knew he wasn't all innocent either. Maybe he just didn't do it when I was around back then.

"Nick...."

"Hmmm"

"If I wasn't on tour, you wouldn't cheat on me, would you?" I asked, closing my eyes and waiting for a response. "Nick..."

"I heard you."

"So?"

"Why would you ask me that?" he asked, sitting up in the bed and rubbing his hands over his face. "Do you want to go back home?" I shook my head, staring up at him. "I'm not 17 anymore. I'm not going to fuck everything that walks."

"So you wouldn't?"

"No... yeah, I've cheated in the past. I won't deny that," he sighed. "But I also tried not to sometimes and sometimes I just didn't care because I knew the chicks I were dating weren't for real. You're for real."

"I don't want to leave the tour... but I'm just thinking in the future, you know, I might not always be able to tour with you," I said as he nodded. "Not all the time."

"I'm happy with this... and sorry, some one night stand with a fan won't live up to this. So if you go away and I have to jack off for a week, then so be it," he said as I rolled my eyes. "You asked. I'm being honest. I told you the last thing I wanted to do was screw this up. That includes cheating because... I know you won't put up with that. And... I'd never want to do that to you."

"I'm sorry for bringing it up... I was just thinking," I whispered. "I think these pills have my hormones all screwed up and I'm being all girl like or something. I haven't been feeling good."

"Did you say they made you feel bad before?" he asked as I nodded. "Then maybe you should go see a doctor. If you can't take them, we'll figure something out," he said, moving over so that he was hovering over me. "What was that song you were working on backstage?" I just glared at him. "One of the crew heard you and mentioned to me that you had a good voice."

"Something, I don't know what it is yet," I whispered. "Damn I shouldn't have woke you up. You're all pissy now."

"I wasn't really asleep," he smiled. "I was thinking, too."

"About what?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out sooner or later," he whispered, kissing my forehead and then rolling off of me and beside me in bed, making me pout.

I hated secrets.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

I woke up with a start, seeing the room I was in was in complete darkness. I froze a little, not remembering where I was until I felt an arm tighten around my waist, a kiss pressed to my temple.

"You ok?" Dylans voice was full of sleep, but it made me relax right away.

"Yea." I whispered back. "I just forget where I was for a moment there..."

"Home sweet home, Baby." He kissed my forehead before cupping my face and tipping my head up. He pressed his lips to mine and kissed me softly before deepening the kiss. His hands started roaming along my body, making me break the kiss.

"Slow down baby... I'm kinda on my period..."

Dylan groaned. "Kinda?"

"Yea, it started on the flight. So, we're gonna have to hold off." I gave him a small smile despite it being dark in the room, but felt the bed shift before he let me go and sat up.

"I thought you were on the pill."

I frowned, leaning up. "I am."

"So why the period? I didn't think girls were on the rag on the pill."

I pulled a face, and touched his hand, but he moved, climbing off the bed. "What do you mean? It depends on what pill a girl takes. What's wrong? You're pissed cos I have my period?"

"I'm pissed because you never told me this!" He raised his voice a little, surprising me.

"What? I told you I was on the pil... obviously! I don't see what the big deal is!"

"The big deal is, you lied!" He shouted, making me lean across the bed to turn the lamp on, and once I got used to the light I looked at him. He was glaring at me, a look of pure anger on his face.

"I have not lied." I climbed off the bed. "You are over reacting."

He shook his head. "I'm leaving. I can't be around you."

I gave him a look as he pulled his jeans back on. "Yea, that's probably a good idea."

He looked at me as he did his jeans up. "Maybe you should take this time to think about what else you are keeping from me." he glared at me before leaving my bedroom, slamming the door hard behind him.

"Jerk..." I muttered, jumping when my front door slammed shut so hard it set off the house alarm. I shook my head and headed downstairs to turn it off.

If me having my period was a bad thing to him, then maybe things weren't going as well as I had wanted them to go.

[/Piper]