- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2014

 

Chapter 102

 

Hanna Jo

 

I turn off the TV, giving my full attention to Nick and Jessi. I’m curious about their plan for our wedding. I snuggle against AJ and relax.

 

“We charted a yacht and we’re going to have an evening wedding cruise.” Nick states with a smile on his face. Jessi wraps her arms around his waist.

 

“Complete with a photographer, band and chef. We just need to sort out the details.” Jessi adds.

 

“What else do we need to do?”  AJ inquires. I grab my IPad and start taking notes.

 

“Guest list, menu, flowers.”  Nick says before kissing Jessi.

 

“I think we each can call and invite the people we want at the wedding. We know that Howie, Leigh and Brian are coming. Kevin called and said him and Kristin will be attending. My mom is flying in tomorrow.” AJ rattles off. My nerves go into overdrive with his last comment.

 

“That leaves the menu and flowers. Who’s going to do what?” I ask, typing away.

 

No one answers; finally Jessi comes up with an idea. “Since none of us can decide, let’s draw straws.”

 

“We don’t have any straws.” AJ remarks with a snicker.

 

“You find that funny, Big Mac?”

 

“I do, Jessi.” He sticks his tongue out at her.

 

“Save that for Ho Jo.”  I blush at her comment.

 

I grab a sheet of paper and write the last two tasks on it.  After ripping it in half, I take AJ's hat from the coffee table.  I fold the papers and shove them in it, shaking it.  I let Jessi pick first.  Then Nick takes the other slip of paper

 

“Ladies first.”

 

Jessi slowly opens her paper. “Menu. That leaves you with flowers.”

 

Nick starts to laugh, “You trust us with flowers?

 

“More than I trust you with food. We don’t want wheat germ and chia seeds at our wedding.” I tease Nick about his health food. Jessi and AJ join in.

 

“Fuck you, Ho Jo.” He flips me the bird “AJ, I guess you and I can tip toe through the tulips tomorrow.”

 

“Knee deep in flowers we’ll stray, we’ll keep the showers away. And if I kiss you in the garden, in the moonlight, will you pardon me? And tiptoe through the tulips with me.”  AJ gives his best Tiny Tim impression. We all have a hearty laugh.

 

“So what do you two lovebirds have planned for tonight?” Jessi asks curiously.

 

“We are going to take a walk on the beach. You’re welcome to join us.” I slide on my flip flops.

 

“I think we’re going to sit on the balcony and relax.” Nick replies while wrapping himself around Jessi.

 

 

 

AJ and I stroll down the beach, holding hands. The sun just set and the sky is beautiful.

 

“Everything okay, Hanna?” AJ asks quietly.

 

I don’t answer right away. I need a moment to figure out how to get the words out. “What if you mom doesn’t like me?” I blurt out.

 

“My mom is going to love you.” AJ says reassuringly. I stop walking.

 

“But, when she finds out I’m pregnant; she’ll think I’m just using you for your money or something.” I barely get out the words.

 

AJ takes both of my hands in his. “Mom is not going to think that at all. She’s going to be happy that we’re giving her a grandbaby.” He presses a kiss to my forehead. “Sit down. I want to tell you something.”

 

We take a seat on the soft sand. I stare out at the ocean forcing myself to calm down. Why I am feeling irrational all of a sudden? Maybe, it’s just pre-wedding jitters.

 

“Han baby, my mom has never been thrilled with my choices in women. It would piss me off that she hated my girlfriends. She was after me to find a nice girl to settle down with. I was happy that someone wanted to be with me.”

 

“Aww, Alex. You were more than worthy of love. Any woman would be lucky to be with you.”

 

“Yeah, most of them wanted me for my fame.  I was so messed up, that I really didn’t care. I was happy getting laid and having a beautiful lady on my arm.” AJ wraps his arm around me. “It kills me knowing what a douche I was. Eventually I realized that my mom was right. I attempted to settle down and get married but it wasn’t right.”

 

I look up at AJ and he looks at me. All I can see is the love he has for me. “Alex, that’s what made you the man you are today. The man I love. The man I plan on cherishing the rest of my life.”

 

“The past year, I stopped dating. When I saw you in the airport, I wanted you. I was nervous to talk to you.” He chuckles.

 

“You, nervous!!” I exclaim. “I don’t believe it.”

 

“I was. You were so beautiful, but it was more. My heart was beating so hard when I walked over to talk to you.”

 

I give him a little shove. “I don’t believe you. You were so cool. There’s no way I made you nervous.”

 

“You did!” He starts tickling me. “When you sat with me on the flight I was surprised. I never had such a smart and beautiful woman show interest in me. Right there and then I knew that something special was going to happen between us.”

 

My heart melts at his comment. The romantic side of AJ is coming out and I love it. Since we found out about the pregnancy, he has been so gentle.

 

“AJ, can I tell you something without you getting mad?” I ask quietly, biting my lip.

 

“You know you can tell me anything.”

 

“I’ve always been a fan, you know that. Jessi and I had a plan to hook-up with you guys.”

 

“So you’re telling me, you were going to use me for my body.”  AJ remarks angrily.

 

“I’m sorry for being so shallow. As soon…..” AJ places a finger on my lips to shut me up.

 

“I think it’s fucking hot, Hanna Jo. I love that your goal was to jump my bones.”

 

“Oh, you’re going to get it.” I say as I push him onto his back. Then I slowly straddle his body. Our mouths meet in a sensual kiss, while his hands roam my body.

 

“Every day for the rest of my life.” He states breathily in my ear.

 

“You’re too much, Big Mac. It’s a good thing I love you.” Before AJ can utter another word, I kiss him passionately. Sixty years from now, I hope to be in the same position.