- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2014

 

Chapter 112

 

Hanna Jo

 

When Nick and Jessi enter the suite, she goes straight to her room. Nick looks remorseful.  I feel guilty about what happened today. I never meant to hurt Jessi’s feelings. When Nick texted me about Jessi being upset, I felt awful.  “Is she okay?” I ask quietly.

 

“We both totally screwed up. She’s upset and angry. I don’t blame her.”  He states sadly.

 

“I should go apologize.” I start to get up, but Nick stops me.

 

“It’s been a long day. Let her get a shower and calm down. We were both fools today.” Then he walks away.

 

I am the worst friend anyone could have. Running off with my future mother-in-law instead of spending the day before our wedding with my best friend. It wasn’t the day I envisioned. Stupid me, got dizzy and almost passed out. Denise freaked out. We ended up spending the day at the hospital.

 

“Hey Banana. How are you feeling?” AJ asks, as Brian and he walk through the door.

 

“I’m fine. Seriously, you’ve asked me ten thousand times.” I sigh in frustration. “I have other things to worry about. Jessi is never going to forgive me.”

 

AJ sits down next to me on the couch. “She’s your best friend. You know that she’ll forgive you. It was an honest mistake. You need to stop stressing. It’s not good for the baby. You had me fucking worried today. If something happened to you or the baby; I don’t know what I would have done.”

 

“He’s right Ho Jo.” Jessi says as she walks into the living room. Her hair is still damp from the shower. “Even though I’m upset, you’ll always be my best friend.”

 

“Jessi, I’m so sorry about today.” I start to apologize. AJ and Brian stand up and head towards the balcony giving us privacy. “I should have asked you to come with us. I’m stupid sometimes.”

 

“No, you’re not. I get it. You want to spend time with Denise. I think it’s great.” Jessi says, sadness written all over her face.

 

“I do, but I don’t want things to change between us. It scares me knowing things are changing. We’re getting married. I’m having a baby. What if things change between us?” I let it all out. Everything I’ve been thinking about for the past few days rears its ugly head. I’m scared.

 

Jessi flops down a chair. She looks around the room before speaking. “Of course things are going to change. Hanna, I always knew you would find the man of your dreams and get married. I never pictured myself falling in love, let alone find a man who wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. You’re going to be a mom. I love where our lives are headed, but it scares the hell out of me.”

 

I look at her and start laughing. She looks at me like I have three heads. “Good. I’m not the only one. I feel like a spazz.”

 

“At least we can be spazzes together.” We both have a good chuckle. Then, Jessi gets serious. “Now, why was AJ worried about you and the baby?”

 

“I got dizzy and almost passed out, but I’m fine.” I answer. Jessi looks at me skeptically. “I’m fine. Denise made me go to the hospital. She called Alex and of course he freaked out. Nothing was wrong, except I was dehydrated.”

 

“That’s serious Ho Jo.”

 

“Oh my god, you sound just like him.” I groan feeling exasperated. She rolls her eyes at me. “Seriously, I’m fine. It’s just I need to drink more liquids because of the morning sickness.”

 

“We just care about you.”  Jessi moves to the couch next to me.

 

“I know. It’s just Alex has been hovering all day. I can’t take it. He won’t let me do anything. He keeps forcing me to drink. Then I have to pee.”

 

Jessi starts giggling. I join in, when I realize how silly I sound. Nick walks in and starts smiling when he sees his fiancée in a better mood.  He loves her so much. I’m glad Jessi found a good man to take care of her.

 

“So what are your plans for tonight?” I ask curiously.

 

“Spending time with Nick.”  She says shyly.

 

“Well, I think you better go. He’s waiting for you.” I comment. She looks up at him with a vulnerability I’ve never seen from her.  We give each other a hug before she follows Nick back to their bedroom.

 

“See you tomorrow, Hanna.” Brian says as he walks himself to the door.

 

“Night Brian.”

 

“Is everything okay with you and Jessi?” AJ sits down next to me.

 

“Yeah, we’re good.” I lean into his body, and he wraps his arm around me.

 

“Good. Now, how are you feeling?”

 

I groan into his chest. “I feel fine, just a little tired.”

 

“Maybe we should head to bed.” He kisses my head.

 

“Umm, Alex?” I nuzzle closer to him.

 

“Yes, Banana.” AJ caresses my thigh.

 

“You can’t sleep here tonight.”

 

“What?” He questions in disbelief. I can’t help but laugh. I’ve never saw him this shocked before.

 

“It’s tradition. You know the bride and groom sleeping apart the night before the wedding.”

 

“You aren’t serious.” He stops rubbing my thigh. I think he’s planning a revolt if I force the issue.

 

“I am very serious. We need to follow at least one wedding tradition.” I bury my face in his chest.

 

“Wouldn’t something borrowed, something blue, something old, something new be a better tradition?” AJ suggests.

 

“That’s a tradition between Jessi and me. I think we need do something traditional.”

 

“I don’t think I can sleep without you, baby.” He starts to pout.

 

 I can’t take it any longer, I burst out laughing. “You are so gullible McLean. There’s no way I’m going to make you sleep somewhere else. You’d have to bunk with you mom.”

 

“You’re going to get it, Banana.” He stands up. Then, he picks me up and carries me to our bedroom. “What am I going to do with you?”

 

“Love me.” I smile at him.

 

“Every single day of my life.”