- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB
By Rachel
Copyright 2014

Chapter 114

Hanna Jo

The movement of the bed causes me to wake up. I don’t open my eyes right away. It feels nice just lying under the covers remembering last night’s dreams. Slowly, I open one eye. AJ is pulling up his boxers. I can’t help but smile at his gorgeous, rock hard body.

“Good morning Banana.” He turns around, flashing me the biggest smile.

“How did you know I was awake?” I ask. I remain under the covers. I’m too comfortable to move.

“I heard you moaning.” AJ crawls on the bed and sits next to me. His hand grabs the comforter and pulls it off. I glare at him. “You can’t stay in bed all day. We’ve got a wedding to attend.”

“Jessi’s going to make a beautiful bride, and Nick is going to be handsome. They’re going to be so happy.”  I tease.

“Yeah, but who cares about them.” He tickles my side. “I can’t wait to see my beautiful bride walking down the aisle.”

I stop laughing and get serious. I slide off the bed and grab my night gown. Once I put it on, I sit down next to AJ. I don’t how to get the words out.

“You okay, Han? Are you feeling okay? Is it the baby?” AJ starts to worry.

“No, it’s not that. It’s just…that…well…I don’t think we should get married.” I barely get out the words.

“What do you mean?” AJ shouts. He looks at me like I have three heads.

“It’s too soon. We haven’t been together that long. Why rush into a wedding?” I bite my lip.

“You’ve got to be kidding me?” AJ moves off the bed and starts getting dressed. He’s upset, and I feel bad.

“AJ, listen to me. I love you. I don’t see anything wrong with us waiting.”

“Hanna, I don’t see anything wrong with us getting married NOW.” He emphasizes the now. Then he walks out of the room. I chase after him.

“Wait, AJ. We need to talk about this.” I stop when I see Denise. She looks at the two of us. “Don’t walk away from me.”

“You’re fucking telling me you don’t want to get married. I can’t believe you of all people would wait until the fucking day of our wedding to do this. I really thought you were different.”

“That’s not it at all. Just listen to me. Last night, I couldn’t sleep. All I could think about was the wedding. I’m just not ready.”

I sit down on the couch. AJ follows me. We sit in silence for what seems like an eternity. AJ turns to his mother. “Can you believe this mom? She doesn’t want to marry me.”

“Alex, that’s not what Hanna is saying.” Denise puts it nicely. “You know there’s nothing wrong with waiting.”

“You’re taking her side. This is fucking ridiculous.”  He grumbles, walking out on us.

Denise and I sit quietly waiting for AJ to return. Jessi and Nick bust through the door. They look extremely happy. It must have been a good night. Jessi looks me. I just shrug.

“Where’s your partner in crime?” Nick asks.

“He’s off pouting.” I reply calmly. I’m ready to bust out laughing. AJ is being a big baby.

“I’m right here.” He looks pissed. “And I’m not pouting. Hanna is….is just being mean.”

Jessi walks over to AJ pressing a kiss to his cheek. “Aww, poor guy. Not getting any love on his wedding day. If Ho Jo is going to be mean to you, I’ll take care of you.”

Denise is the first one to start laughing. I can’t help, I start laughing hysterically. The expression on AJ’s face is priceless. He looks confused and angry at the same time. Nick is watching trying to figure out what is going on.

“Alex, sweetheart, you’ve just been punked.” Denise says still giggling.

“I’ve been punked. What the hell?” AJ can’t move because Jessi hugging him.

I stand up and walk over to my man. “Well, you see. I kind of wanted to play a little trick on you.” I bat my eyes at him. “So I made up that excuse to not get married.”

“Holy fuck, Banana. You scared the shit out of me.” He exclaims, as he removes himself from Jessi. He pulls me into his arms. “Don’t you ever do that again!”

“AJ got punked!!!” Nick chuckles. “Ho Jo isn’t so sweet and innocent.”

AJ and I aren’t paying attention. We are wrapped up in each other.  I mean literally. We are making out in front of everyone and we don’t even care. It’s all about us right now.

“Get a room!” Denise calls out.

AJ removes his lips from mine. He picks me up and carries me off to the bedroom.

 

Denise is helping Jessi with her hair while I attempt to put my makeup on. I hope that I look okay for AJ. I want to wow him when he sees me walk towards him.

“So, Ho Jo did you and AJ have fun this morning after your little prank?” Jessi asks with a laugh.

I blush. “NO!!! He has to wait until that honeymoon. I am not going to break every tradition. I broke enough already.” I sigh. “Dare I ask about you and Nick?”

“I’m not telling.” Jessi sticks her tongue out at me as she stands up. “My hair looks gorgeous. Thanks Denise.”

Jessi walks over to the closet and pulls out a gift bag. She hands it to me. “What’s this?” I ask in surprise.

“Just a little gift for your honeymoon.” She gives me a cheshire grin. I am in trouble.

Slowly, I take out the tissue paper. Denise is watching intently beside Jessi. I pull out a small piece of lace material. It’s a white lace halter teddy with a low, plunging neckline, an open back and thong bottom.

“When AJ sees you in that, he’s going to ravish you.” Jessi says with excitement.

My face turns beet red. “Jessi, AJ’s mother is standing right here. This is so embarrassing.” I shriek.

Denise starts laughing.  “I just want the two of you to be happy.”  We all laugh.

“Let me grab your gift.” I run to my room and get her gift.

“You didn’t have to get me anything.” Jessi grabs the bag from my hand. “I can’t wait to see what it is!”

Carefully she takes the square package out of the bag.  Jessi carefully tears open the paper. It’s a book. “Lust Have Recipes, A Cookbook: IN-Gredients for Stimulation. Did you actually buy this in a store?” She asks.

“I did. Aren’t you proud?” I giggle.

“I am. This book is kick ass. I can’t wait to try some recipes. Thank you Ho Jo.” She gives me a hug.

“Thank you, Jessi for being my best friend. I don’t think I would be here today if it wasn’t for you. You’ve helped me grow out of my shell. I couldn’t do it without you. I’m glad you’re my best friend.”  I get all mushy.

“Don’t make me cry. We don’t have time to redo our make-up. I can’t believe we’re getting married. I wouldn’t want to share this moment with anyone else.”

We stand there embraced in each other’s arms. No more words are said. Jessi and I have a connection deeper than friendship. She is a sister. We will always be in each other’s life.

“Come on you girls. You need to finish getting ready. The limo is going to be here in less than forty five minutes.”  Denise rushes us along.

“Jessi, we’re getting married. I can’t believe it.”  I am excited. Very shortly I will be Mrs. Alexander James McLean. I want to shout it out for the world to hear. No longer will I be Hanna Jo Rogers. It feels good to leave her behind.

“Life is good. We found to wonderful men that love us unconditionally Ho Jo. We’ve been blessed.”