- Text Size +

Project NKOTBSB

By Dottie

Copyright 2013

 

Chapter 51

 

Jessi

 

In the back of my mind, I know I probably should pay attention to what she said. I see the look on Donnie's face as I make my way to the table and for the first time, I'm scared. Scared of him. The upturned corner of his mouth is the same as the look on Paul's face every time he came to the bank.

I slowly take the seat across from him and eye him cautiously.  His forehead creases as he frowns at me. "What's wrong?"

His question doesn't surprise me in the least.  He's one if the two men I've been around that have been able to read me like book. Unlike Nick, who wants to read every chapter, Donnie seems to want to skim through, find my weaknesses. Quietly, I reply, "This is a mistake."

His eyes narrow. "Mistake? What are you talking about?"

I put my elbows on the table and clasp my hands together. "Meeting you like this. Donnie, for everything you've done for me...I'm grateful. Truly."

His sneer makes my stomach clench. "Grateful? Gratitude is the last thing I want from you."

My heart sinks as my hands start to sweat. "Donnie..."

He points his finger at me and says, "No. I talk, you listen." I nod and he continues. "You said you'd have lunch with me. We'd talk, see where it leads. That led me to believe I have a shot. A shot at more than jacking off to pictures of you on my fucking phone."

My mouth drops open. "Donnie, I'm not trying to lead you on.  Did you really think this lunch meant that I...?"

He sighs. Loudly. "Well hell Jessi you're gonna deny we have some kind of attraction between us?"

I shake my head. "No, I won't deny it. But Donnie, sleeping with you, with anyone right now, is not going to happen."

His eyes widen. "Not even Nick?"

His attitude irks me to no end.  How could I have believed he was different? "That's none of your business."

As I move to stand, he whispers, "Don't go yet."

I stop moving. "I have to go Donnie. I can't be what you thought..."

He picks up a cd from the table by his elbow. "I think you can. And you will. I'll even be generous and give you till after the tour is over."

I watch him lay the disc down and push it across the table. "What kind of game are you playing?"

He laughs. "For once, I'm not playing. I'm dead serious."

"What is this?" A logical question to ask, though I dread the answer.

He winks. "A little insurance, if you will. Home movies. From my brother."

I feel the blood drain from my face. "NO!"

My strangled whisper makes him laugh.



When I get back to the hotel, I’m still shaking.  I know Nick is off sightseeing with the other guys.  AJ and Hanna Jo were supposed to go along, but I see Hanna Jo pacing the lobby when I walk in.  She comes running over, grabbing my arm in a vice like grip. “Are you ok? What happened?”

I shrug her hand off my arm. “N-n-nothing really.”

She stares at me and I know she doesn’t believe me. “Jessi, for God’s sake, it’s me.  What did he do to you?”

I look around, realizing many people are staring at us. “Hanna Jo, where’s AJ? And Nick?”

She shrugs.  “Sightseeing and interviews. I couldn’t go without knowing you were with HIM. I’ve been worried sick.”

I can tell from the look on her face she is worried.  Now I know she has good reason.  With my purse clutched under my arm, I whisper, Hanna Jo, we need to talk, but first...there’s something I have to do.  Alone.” I have to see what is on this cd and I damn sure don’t want anyone else seeing it.

She pokes the button for the elevator hard.  “Fine. Come to my room when you’re ready to talk.”

I step onto the elevator with her.  After the door shuts, I whisper, “Hanna Jo, please, don’t be mad at me.”

My chin is quivering. She grabs me in a tight hug and whispers, “I’m not mad. I’m worried. Promise you’ll be there soon?”

I nod and pull back.  “I promise. This won’t...shouldn’t take long.”

Our rooms are across the hall from each other.  She hugs me quickly and whispers, “I’ll order us something to drink. What do you want?”

Without hesitating, I mutter, “Tequila.  See you soon.”

After bolting the door behind me, I grab my laptop and turn it on.  I pop the cd in and chew on my fingernail as the screen flickers briefly.  I almost vomit when I see my office from the bank. Security tapes. How the hell did Paul get the security tapes???  Bile rises in my throat as I watch him walk into my office and take his customary seat on the sofa.  It’s like watching a movie.  I can’t believe it’s me, standing in front of him, opening my blouse.  When it falls off my shoulders, I grab the wastebasket and my body heaves.  Thank God I didn’t eat with Donnie or more than bile would be coming up. I sit up and look back at the screen, watching as Paul opens his pants and takes out his tiny little dick.

I slam it closed quickly.  I fall back on the bed and curl onto my side.  Why?  Why now?  Why this?  I stare at the ceiling and whisper, “God, please don’t let this be happening.”

My cell phone rings.  I grab my purse and pull it out, answering without looking because I figure its Hanna.  “I’ll be there in a minute.”

My stomach heaves again when Donnie snickers, “Well, I didn’t think I’d get you this fast.”

I swallow hard and whisper, “I thought you were Hanna Jo.”

HIs laughter rolls out loudly.  “Figures.  I don’t guess you’ve had time to watch the home movies yet. I must say, it’s gratifying to know my brother didn’t fuck you. Then again, he’s not one known for fucking the ladies....”

I want to throw my phone.  I take a deep breath and say, “What do you want?” I’m glad I can sound forceful, on the inside, I’m jello.

I hear him sigh.  “Honestly, just wanted to hear your voice.” I hear the catch in his voice before he groans.  “Fuck you’re hot.” Then it dawns on me he’s masturbating.

I quickly disconnect the call and shove my phone in my purse.  I grab my room key from the nightstand and head to the door.  I hear my phone chirp with a text.  I start to ignore it, but I know it could be Nick.  When I check it, I have to laugh.  It’s a picture of Nick holding a koala bear.  The message with it says simply, “I’d rather hold you.”

I sigh and shove my phone in my back pocket. If Donnie calls again, I’ll ignore it.  I leave the room hurriedly, hoping I’ll have enough time to spill the beans to Hanna Jo before the guys get back.  As I knock on the door, I think about Donnie’s threat. “If you don’t do exactly what I want you to do, I’ll make sure the whole world sees the kind of woman Nick Carter is dating.  Think it will be good for his ego to be connected to a fucking slut like you?  The embarrassment alone will kill his fucking career....you REALLY want that?”

No.  No I don’t want that.  When Hanna Jo opens the door, I fall sobbing into her arms.  “Oh Ho Jo, what am I going to do?”