- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Dottie

Copyright 2013


Chapter 75

 

Jessi

Things between Nick and I are strained and it's taking its toll on me.  When we're around everyone else, we both manage to put on a good front, but when we're alone...it saddens me to think about it.

After the show, we spend only a very few minutes with everyone else.  When he stands and takes my hand, I feel it deep in my bones...it's time to make decisions.  Decisions about the future.

When we get to the bus, he pulls me into the bedroom.  "OK Jessie, it's time we cleared the air.  What's wrong? What did I do?"

I shake my head. "Nothing Nick.  You didn't do anything."

He kneels in front of me. "Talk to me Jess.  Don't hide things from me."

I cup his face with my hands.  "Nick...I don't have the words to tell you how much my time with you means to me."

He smiles.  "Good.  That means you know how I feel and I don't have to try to figure out how to tell you." When I smile at him, he kisses my lips gently.  "What is it? What's wrong?"

I grab my phone and stare at it.  "Thad.  That's what's wrong."

He takes my phone and puts it on the table.  "What did he say?"

I close my eyes.  "They are going to arrest Donnie when we get back to the states.  I'll...I won't be flying home from here.  He wants me away from it all when they arrest Donnie."

His smile fades. "Then where are you going? Can I go with you? I'm not going to leave you alone."

I feel my lips turn up shyly.  "Do you mean that?"

He reaches up and tugs at my hair.  "Silly girl, did you think I was going to let you get away from me that easily?  My plan all along was to go where you go...or take you home with me, which ever would make you happy."

I fall into his arms.  "Nick, you make me happy."

He holds me tightly.  "Is that all that's wrong?"

I shiver in his arms.  "No.  No Thad lied to me.  He said they had a case against them, but now he tells me I have to testify.  I can't testify. I just can't do that. I told him I won't, and I won't!"

He leans back and grabs my arms.  "Why won't you testify?"  When I lower my eyes, he swears softly. "Jessie, nothing you say or do is going to affect my career or me.  I love you and I'll always love you.  You are the most important thing in my life.  You Jessie, not the music, not the money.  YOU. Do you understand? Do you believe me?"

I nod softly.  "Nick this is a big ugly mess.  This is the mob. I can't put you in a position that could put you in danger."

He leans forward and puts his forehead against mine.  "No one will hurt you, me or anyone else you care about. I promise."

I rub my nose against his.  "How do you feel about Hawaii?"

He leans back.  "Is that where you want to go?"

I smile shyly.  "Thad already booked us on a flight from here with AJ and Hanna Jo.  He figured a couple of weeks there until the dust settles."

His smile widens.  "I like how he thinks, even if he lied to you."

I lower my eyes.  He leans closer. "Sweetheart, I love you. I'll be right by your side, I promise."

My phone rings, jarring us from our peaceful moment.  I look to see who it is and grimace.  Nick moves to sit by me as I answer.  "What now Thad?"

I hear nervousness in his voice.  "Are you still mad at me?"

I ignore his question and ask one of my own.  "Why did you lie to me?"

I can almost see him pinch the bridge of his nose.  "I didn't lie.  We have a strong case.  We can probably get Paul without your testimony...but Jessie, you could clinch it."

I close my eyes and lean against Nick.  "Thad I don't know. I thought it was over."

Nick kisses my temple.  Thad clears his throat.  "Jessie I can't promise anything...if we can't make the case against Paul without you..."

I wiggle deeper into Nick's arms.  "I'll think about it."  After a brief pause, I mutter "Thanks Thad."

He sighs in relief.  "I didn't mean to mislead you Jessie. I'm glad you're not mad at me anymore."

I hang up and toss my phone aside.  I wrap my arm around Nick's stomach and sigh.  "Will things ever be normal?"

He laughs, pushing me onto my back. "I don't do normal Baby.  You should know that by now."

I giggle as his lips swoop down onto mine.  Maybe everything will be ok.  As long as we're together.

 

As his hands find their way up under my shirt, my phone rings again.  I groan, sitting up. “If that’s Hanna Jo, I’ll kill her.”  When I see it’s Thad again, I’m beyond confused.  “What’s wrong Thad?”

 

He laughs.  “I forgot to tell you your flight leaves in about 4 hours.  Didn’t think you’d want to hang around too long.”

 

I could cry. “Four hours?  Thad are you serious?”

 

He chuckles.  “Afraid so.  Better get moving. Airport security sucks.  Emailed the info to Nick’s manager.  She has your tickets and flight info.  Safe travels.”

 

I turn off my phone, wanting to throw it.  Looking up at Nick I shake my head. “Our flight leaves in four hours.”

 

He groans, throwing his head back.  “Why so quick?  Dammit, I want you Jessie.  I want you now.”

 

I crawl up on his lap and into his arms.  “We could forego packing and buy new clothes in Hawaii.”

 

He slides his hands down under my ass and grinds our bodies together.  “It would still have to be a quickie, and I don’t want that.  I want to bury myself in you for days and days, Jessie.”

 

I slide my arms over his shoulders bringing my lips to his.  We kiss deeply, making me forget everything but this moment.  We separate slowly, our lips lingering close to each other.  “I love you Nick.”

 

My whispered pledge brings a smile to his face.  “I love you too.  Now, let’s pack and maybe I’ll teach you something new on the flight.”

 

I sigh, hugging his neck.  “What can you teach me?”

 

His smirk makes me shiver.  “I’m going to teach how easy it is to join the Mile High Club.”

 

I giggle slipping off his lap.  I let my hand slide over the bulge in his pants, squeezing him gently. “How about a preview of coming attractions?”

 

He groans, his body twitching. “Jessie, stop.  I can’t take it.”

 

I couldn’t stop if I tried.  I push him onto his back and deftly open his pants.  When his hardness springs into view, I whisper huskily, “I’ll take it.”

 

As my lips connect with his heated flesh, he groans, tangling my hair in his fist.  Maybe I can’t have a quickie right now, but I can make him feel good.  And that’s all that matters to me.