- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2013


Chapter 76

Hanna Jo

When I get the call from Jessi saying we need to pack, I groan. AJ looks at me with a questioning stare. I grab my suitcase and start jamming things in.

“Why are you packing?” AJ asks, sitting on the bed.

“You need to start getting your stuff together. Our flight leaves in less than four hours. We need to be at the airport ASAP.” I rush on gathering my things.

“My flight doesn’t leave until tomorrow. I checked with Jen before the show.”

I stop what I’m doing and sit down next to AJ. “There’s kind of been a change of plans. Jessi and Nick are going to Hawaii. They’re going to arrest Donnie, so Mr. Westcott thought it would be good if Jessi wasn’t around when it happens. We are going with Nick and Jessi.”

 He gets up and grabs his luggage. “Cool.”

“Start packing.”  I smile at him.

“All you need is a bikini.” AJ wiggles his eyes at me. I start laughing.

 

An hour later, we make it to the airport. Jessi and I are looking over the flight details while the boys are getting us coffee. This plane ride is going to be about nineteen hours with a layover in Japan. I hope that I am able to sleep through most of it. I am still not a fan of flying. At least with AJ by my side, it won’t be so bad.

The guys walk over with big cups of coffee. Nick hands Jessi and I our cups. “They just announced our flight for boarding.”

We make our way to the gate. They let us on right away. That is the perk of sitting in first class. AJ takes my carryon and puts it overhead compartment as I take my seat.

“You don’t want to sit by the window?” He scoots over to the window seat.

“No. I hate flying, especially long flights.” I say, as I watch Jessi and Nick get comfortable across from us. They are holding hands and Jessi is leaning into his chest. It makes me happy to see Jessi so content.

“Well, I know some things we can do to pass the time.” AJ waggles his eyes at me and I blush.

“Really Mr. McLean? I didn’t know you were that kind of man.” I tease.

“Well Ms. Rogers. I’m that kind of man and more. We have enough time; I can show you some of my special tricks.”  He nips at my neck. AJ doesn’t realize what his touch does to me.

“Alex, we’re in public.” I squeal, trying not to make a scene. “People will see.”

He nuzzles my neck and trails kisses up my jaw to my mouth. Our lips meet in a not so chaste kiss. His hands move down my arms until he reaches my waist. I can feel his fingers move underneath my shirt. AJ deepens the kiss, his tongue probing my mouth. I almost forget we are on a plane. Breathlessly, I break away. “Nick and Jessi are the only ones around, and they’re sleeping. I want you and this can be a fun way to pass the time.”

I turn towards them, not believing a word AJ is saying. Jessi gives me a thumbs up, while Nick is grinning. Turning back to towards my boyfriend, I smack him in the chest.

“Ouch!” He starts rubbing his chest. “What was that for?”

“For being a horny jerk.” I say a little too loudly. Nick and Jessi start laughing. My face feels hot. I quickly get up and walk to the bathroom.

Taking a few deep breaths, I force myself to calm down. I can’t believe AJ is goading me about PDA. I’m not that type of girl. Sure, I peck on the lips is fine, but I’m not the kind of girl that gives a show. I don’t even know if I want to go back and sit with AJ. I can ignore him, but that’s hard to do. He’ll bug me until I talk to him. Talking will lead to kissing, and kissing could lead to other things.

I wash my hands and sprinkle some water on my face. Then I count to ten. I have no choice but to go back to my seat. There’s no way I can stay in the bathroom the entire flight. Slowly, I walk back to my seat. Jessi is fast asleep snuggled up against Nick. He’s busy fiddling around with his headphones. AJ is pretending to be asleep, which makes me happy. I don’t want to talk to him right now.

“Everything okay Hanna?” Nick asks quietly.

“Everything is peachy keen. I don’t want to talk about it.” I sit down.

“Well, I’m not tired and you’re the only one up. So what do you want to talk about?” He places his headphones on the tray in front of him.

“I dunno. How are things with you and Jessi?” I ask curiously.

“Great.” He smiles. “I can only see it getting better.”

“Nick, you better her treat her like a goddess. Jessi’s been through a lot…especially with men. Most of it hasn’t been good. I don’t want to see her get hurt again. It would kill her. She’s in love with you Nick. If you plan on breaking her heart, please end things with her now.” I say seriously. Jessi is my best friend, and I don’t want to see her get hurt by another man. She deserves a man that will treat her right. I believe Nick is that guy, but I want to see what his intentions are.

“Hanna Jo, I promise with all my heart that I will never purposely try to hurt Jessi. I’ve fallen hard for her. She makes my days brighter. I can’t live without her.” Nick professes honestly. I can see the sincerity in his eyes. I sigh with relief.

“That’s all I needed to hear. You’re good for her.” I give him a cheesy grin. It makes me happy knowing Jessi found a good man.

“You are a good friend, Ho Jo.” Nick reaches over and squeezes my hand.

“Only my good friends call me Ho Jo.” I say seriously.

“Oh, I didn’t…umm…mean…to…umm…” Nick is all flustered. I start to laugh.

“Just kidding. Nick, you can call me Ho Jo.”

“You’ve really come out of your shell these past few months.”

I smile thinking how awkward I was at the beginning of the tour. I am proud of the woman I have become. I have to thank Jessi and AJ for this transformation I made. “Yeah, but there are still some things I can’t get myself to do.”

“Like join the Mile High Club.”  Nick jokes.

My face turns a nice shade of pink. “I’m not going to go there, Carter. I think you better get some rest.”

“Yeah, I want to make Jessi part of my special club.”  He chuckles.

I groan at his comment. “Just stop. I don’t need to know that. Go to sleep.”

“Night Ho Jo.”

“Good night Carter.”