- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Dottie

Copyright 2013

 

Chapter 79

 

Jessi

 

Nick has the car drive us around the city and he points out various landmarks. I barely hear him. Finally, we stop and get out in a park.  He leads me to a bench and once we’re sitting down, he asks quietly, “Jessi, are you worrying about Wahlberg?”

 

I sigh, not a bit surprised he can read me so well.  “I guess I am. I’m sorry Nick, I just can’t help it.”

 

He kisses my temple.  “Why are you sorry, Babe? After all you’ve been through you have a right to be worried.  But there’s no reason. I’m not going to let anything or anyone ever hurt you again.”

 

I snuggle against him.  “But it’s not fair to any of you that my problems get laid on your door step.”

 

He holds me close. “Sweetheart, don’t look at it like that. There won’t be any problems. I can guarantee you Donnie will use his money to try to keep this all covered up.  And if I was a gambling man, I’d bet he steers clear of you and us from now on.  He doesn’t need the bad publicity to ruin his reputation.”

 

I feel a glimmer of hope. “You really think he’ll leave me alone?”

 

He nods. “Sweetheart, think about it.  He’s in trouble up to his ears. If anything happened to you or any of us, he would be the one the police looked at.  He’s not going to damage his rep and his band’s rep just to get even.  Oh, he might spout off and threaten us, but in the end, he won’t do a fucking thing. He knows he can’t.”

 

I feel the weight on my shoulders fall away.  “Nick, that would be…all I want is to forget he ever existed.  And that I ever thought I had feelings for him.”

 

Nick smiles. “Sweetie, we can’t wish away our past or I’d wish away most of mine.  We learn from it. We grow.  Honestly, I don’t think Donnie was all bad.  I just think you were something he wanted and he’s having a temper tantrum because he can’t have you.  Someone new will catch his eye and he’ll forget all this.”

 

I lean closer to him and he kisses me softly.  “Nick, if…if I have to testify, will you be there?”

 

He nods, brushing back my hair.  “Try to stop me.”

 

I lean into him, feeling safe. For the first time in my life, I feel like everything is going right.

 

 

When we get back to the airport, Hanna Jo and AJ are waiting.  But there is definitely something wrong.  Before I can question Hanna Jo, AJ comes over.  “Jessi, can we talk?” 

 

I nod.  “Sure, what’s up?”

 

He glances at Nick.  “Man, could you give us a minute? This is kind of private.”

 

Nick is as confused as me. I nod gently and he says, “Sure thing. I’ll go visit with Hanna Jo.”

 

As he walks away, AJ mutters, “Hope you come back with your balls intact.” I gasp and he turns his attention to me.  “Sorry, Jessi.”

 

I feel very protective of Hanna Jo so I snap, “What the fuck did you do to her?”

 

He holds up his hands. “Now hold on a minute, I didn’t do jack shit.  I took her to a hotel for some…quality time.  She totally flipped out on me.  Turned into the fucking ice queen. I don’t know what I did, but she’s thoroughly pissed at me.”

 

I feel my mouth drop.  I glance at Hanna Jo talking to Nick.  When my gaze makes it back to AJ, I whisper, “But on the plane she was…I mean, you two…fuck, she was jacking you off AJ.  What the hell happened between then and now?”

 

He blushes as red as me. “Dammit, Jessi, don’t beat around the bush.”

 

I could almost laugh at his choice of words if I weren’t so worried about Hanna Jo. “AJ, what happened?”

 

He glances down. “I took her to a hotel.  Wanted to…well…anyway, she just pulled away. Said she wasn’t all about sex and she only did it for me.  What the fuck is that all about?”

 

Now I’m totally confused.  “AJ, she is crazy about you. She loves sex with you. I can’t believe she said no.”

 

He shrugs. “Well she did.  And now she won’t speak to me.”

 

I stare at Hanna Jo. I can see she’s crying and Nick, bless his heart, is trying to comfort her.  I see she’s holding a book on her lap.  I turn to AJ.   “Did Hanna Jo read a lot on the bus?”

 

He nods slowly. “Yeah. I think she went through several books on the tour, why?”

 

I smile broadly at him.  “AJ, that’s it.  It’s not that she doesn’t love sex with you…but something is missing.  A key ingredient!”

 

He shakes his head. “What the fuck are you talking about Jess?”

 

I sigh.  “AJ, what has she told you about her parents?”

He groans. “Not a hell of a lot.  I know they are super religious and uber protective of her.  Why?”

 

I sigh quietly. “AJ, growing up, her idea of romance was her dad chastely kissing her mom on the cheek at bedtime.  I’m thoroughly convinced her parents had sex exactly eleven times in their lives.”

 

He nods. “So?”

 

Men can be so naïve about such things. “AJ her escape was books.  More specifically love stories. Romance novels.”

 

I see the light go off in his head. “Romance?  As in candle light, wine and roses?”

 

I nod. “As in she wants to be swept off her feet.  You’ve done that, believe me, but I think maybe she’s confused.  To her parents, sex was for procreating. Not for enjoyment.  In the books, sex was the result of deep passionate love.  I have no doubt the love she feels for you is deep, but she’s wondering where the romance is.”

 

I see a smile play across his face.  “Jessi…I don’t know how I’ll ever thank you.”

 

I laugh.  “You don’t have to thank me, AJ. I just want Hanna Jo to be happy and I think you are the one to do it.”  Lowering my voice, I dare to go further. “AJ, she’s never been promiscuous.  I could have done a cheer on the plane when I realized what you and she were doing. You have brought her out of her shell and that’s…I can never thank you enough.”

 

His blush is so funny. “Well, I was shocked when she…anyway, I love the wanton side of her.  She’s incredible.”

 

I pat his arm.  “Trust me, AJ, that part of your relationship is solid.  And she loves you. That’s solid.  Now…she needs the hearts and flowers.”

 

He smiles and I know he has an idea.  “Thanks Jessi.  I mean it.”

 

I hug his neck. “Anytime.  Thank YOU for being so good to her.”

 

As he walks away, I see Nick coming back to me.  His smile is all the romance I need.  He sits and pulls me into his arms. “Everything ok?”

 

I nod against his neck. “Yeah, I think everything’s going to be great.”