- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 8

 

It was nice to be on land. I wasn’t the best traveling companion when it came to flying across oceans. Thankfully we made it safe to Ireland. It would nice staying in one place for the next few days.

 

Jessi decides a hot shower is in order. While she’s getting cleaned up I go explore Belfast. I want to see as much as possible. We plan to meet up later for dinner.

 

After walking around for forty five minutes I get chilly. I find a coffee shop to warm myself up in. I sip my tea and stare out the window. Things are surreal at the moment. I feel like I am living a dream. So much has already happened. I met the man of my dreams and held a conversation with him.

 

“Hanna, what a surprise! Would you mind if I sit here with you?” AJ points to the empty seat at my table.

 

I clear my throat. “Um, sure.” This is awkward. I didn’t think I would see him twice in one day. He’s going to know something is up. I pray that I can pull this off.

 

“What are the odds I would see you again so soon?” AJ smiles at me. My insides start to melt.

 

“I think it’s very odd.” I attempt to flirt. Why am I so horrible at this? I wish I was more confident when it came to men.

 

“I think its fate. I’m glad I got to run into you again.”  He takes my hand and squeezes it.

 

“Me, too.” I say shyly. “Are you enjoying the sites?”

 

“Only the one before me.” He stares at me. I feel the heat on my cheeks. “I find you refreshing, Hanna Jo. You’re not like other women.”

“AJ, you keep on flattering me, but...” I try to explain, but I can’t get the words out right. “I know we talked a bit on the plane, but I’ve lived a very sheltered life.” 

 

I want to be honest with him. I am nothing like the women he has dated in the past. Not that AJ is going to date me. He’s just being friendly to a fan.

 

“You can’t be that sheltered if you are traveling around Europe.” He takes a drink of his coffee. I just watch him. If he only knew what Jessi and I did to get ourselves here.

 

“If you only knew.” I giggle timidly. AJ’s gaze on me this whole time is unnerving. I want to grab him and kiss him until we get tired. Though I don’t think I will ever get tired of that.

 

“I have plenty of time. We can stay here or go back to my hotel room.”  AJ suggests. Oh my, the thought that enter my mind. None of them are appropriate.

 

“Umm…umm….maybe…..we…um…should…” I can’t even get the words out. Get it together Hanna, I say in my head. “...finish our drinks.”

 

AJ caresses my cheek as he says, “Why don’t we go back to my room? We have some eyes on us, and I’d rather be away from all the wandering eyes.”

 

We make it back to his hotel in record time. I’m sitting on the bed while AJ is talking on the phone. I can’t stop thinking about what I want to do on this bed. My imagination is getting the best of me. I need to calm down.

 

“Sorry about that. Nick wanted to know if I wanted to walk around with him.”

 

“It’s okay.” I smile. “I’m sure Jessi will be calling me soon.”

 

“Nick really has the hots for your friend. He can’t stop talking about her.”

 

“Interesting.” I comment, not letting on how excited I am. I can’t wait to tell my best friend, but it can wait. Right now I’m focusing on AJ.

 

“Enough about your friend. Let’s talk about you.” AJ moves onto the bed. He sits close to me. I get a fluttering in my womanhood.

 

“My parents have sheltered me all of my life. My parents are devout Christians. They raised me and my siblings very strict. I never went to public school.” I start spilling my life story out. I feel relieved getting it out. I don’t know why, but I do.

“I spent all my time taking care of my little brothers and sisters. I hated it.”

 

“That had to suck.” He says, as he wraps his arm around me. Instantly, I feel calm.

 

“It did. I knew I couldn’t live that life. My parents wanted me to get married to a boy from our church and start a family after I finished high school.”  This is the first I ever talk about the marriage. Even Jessi doesn’t know. For some reason I feel safe talking to AJ.

 

“Wow, I couldn’t even imagine.” He pulls me closer to his body. I smell his aftershave and just melt into him. The tears start to fall. “Shh, it’s okay Hanna. Just let it out.”

 

I cry until my eyes are dry. AJ’s shirt is soaked with my tears and snot. I’m embarrassed. “Oh, AJ. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to ruin your shirt.”

 

“It’s okay. It feels nice to hold a woman in my arms. It’s been a while.” He places a kiss on my nose.

 

I place my mouth on his, prompting him to kiss me. He takes my lead, kissing me slowly. His lips are smooth, and he’s gentle. I want to stay in this moment forever. AJ takes his time exploring my mouth. He sucks gently on my bottom lip. Then his tongue parts my lips. We take our time discovering each other.

 

Neither of us takes it any further. It’s nice taking thing slow. I’m enjoying the moment. AJ is the first to break apart. “Hanna, I hope I’m not being forward by kissing you.” He whispers softly in my ear.

 

“Not at all AJ.” I kiss his cheek.

 

“Please call me Alex.”

 

A loud banging on the door stops me from commenting. Neither of us rushes to answer the door. We gradually move apart from one another.

 

“Open up the door McLean! Are you painting your nails?” Nick starts laughing.

 

“Can we just ignore him?” I ask, as I get off the bed and move toward the window.

 

“I wish, but he won’t leave until I give him my full attention.” AJ walks over to the door.

 

“Gee, what took ya so long?” Nick asks, walking in. He looks over at me. I wave. “Now I see why you didn’t answer the door. Hey there Hanna!”

 

“Hi Nick.”

 

“So I assume you aren’t up to going out.” Nick looks over at the wrinkled bedspread. He gives AJ a smirk.

 

“You assumed correct. Have fun sightseeing alone.” AJ says abruptly, trying to get Nick to leave. I want to laugh because I find it highly amusing.

 

He doesn’t take the hint. “So where is Jessi? Why isn’t she with you?”

 

I think it’s cute that Nick is so concerned where Jess is. He’s definitely interested in her. I hope that she can overcome her bashfulness when it comes to him. They have an undeniable chemistry.

 

“Well, she hasn’t called me yet. Jessi must still be at the hotel.”

 

“Really?” Nick has an idea forming in his head. “Where are you staying?”

 

I look over at AJ; he’s clearly annoyed. I figure the only way to get Nick to leave is to tell him where we are staying. I give him the information he wants, and Nick is off. Jessi is in for a surprise.

 

AJ walks over to me. He wraps his arms around my waist. “Now where were we?”

 

“If I remember correctly, Alex, I think you were kissing me.” That’s all it takes for him to have his mouth on me. If nothing else happens with AJ at least I have this moment.