- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2014

 

Chapter 96

 

Hanna Jo

 

I lay on my back catching my breath and recovering from the most amazing sex with AJ. Don’t get me wrong every time is amazing, but this time there was something more. It may have been the fact that I knew AJ was my life, now and forever.

 

As soon as we retreated to the bedroom, AJ locked the door and ripped my dress off. No words were spoken and we didn’t waste time becoming entangled with each other.

 

“Hanna,” AJ voice is filled with emotion. “You’ve made me the happiest man alive. When I saw you get on your knee, I was like what is she doing. Then when you proposed my world just stopped. For the first time I knew everything in my life was just the way I wanted it.”

 

I turn onto to my side to look at my fiancé. “For the first time in my life, I realized what unconditional love is. I never saw the love between a man and woman at home. Romance novels were too good to be true. You showed me love. I’m forever grateful for that.”

 

“I plan on showing you for the rest of your life.” His lips meet mine for a slow, sensual kiss. We continue to kiss and caress each other. It’s nice enjoying an intimate moment with each other. AJ’s mouth moves down to neck. He licks and nips, as I start to squirm. He rolls on top of me and pins me down against the bed. AJ’s mouth moves lower down my body. His tongue is gently licking between my breasts.

 

Quickly, I sit up forcing AJ off of me. He falls to the floor with a thud. “Oh, shit. I didn’t even give you the ring.” I screech.

 

“Baby, couldn’t you have waited until we made love. I think I have rug burn on my ass from falling.” He replies with groan.

 

“I think you can wait a few minutes while I make you an honorable man.” I give him a smile. I get up and grab my robe.  AJ watches as I slowly put it on.

 

I walk over to the nightstand and take the box. Slowly, I sit down next to AJ. Taking out the ring, I place it in my palm. “Alexander James McLean, you made me believe in love. That is can bring happiness between a man and woman. Would you do me the honor and marry me?”

 

“Yes.” He pulls me onto his naked lap. “There is nothing I’d rather do than marry you.  I love you Hanna Jo Rogers.”

 

I place the ring on his finger. My happiness turns into pure giddiness. I start laughing and can’t stop. It doesn’t help that AJ starts tickling me. When I can’t breathe any longer, I scoot away from AJ. I throw his robe at him. “Put this on.  Let’s go have a midnight snack. I’m starving.”

 

We tiptoe out of the bedroom. I pray that Jessi and Nick aren’t in the living room doing it. Luckily as we enter the room they are nowhere to be seen. AJ goes toward the kitchen to make a snack. I open the door to the balcony. There’s a cool breeze blowing off the ocean. I move two chairs together and sit down. A few minutes later AJ comes out with a tray full of food.

 

“That’s a lot of food.”

 

“You said you were starving.” He sets the tray on the table and sits down beside me.

 

“So I did.” I start to laugh. AJ shuts me up by placing a strawberry in my mouth.

 

We sit in a comfortable silence, enjoying each other’s company. When I’ve had my fill of fruit and cheese, I notice that AJ has a small box in his hand. I’m curious to know what’s inside, but I don’t ask. He motions me to sit on his lap. I follow his command and make myself comfortable.

 

My curiosity gets the best of me. “What’s inside that box?”

 

“Han, I didn’t spend the whole afternoon golfing. Ever since I met you, you’ve turned my life upside-down. It’s exactly what I needed. You complete me like no woman ever has. I want to spend my life with you.”

 

I snuggle into his crook of his neck. “Isn’t that why you said yes to my proposal?”

 

“I did. Now, I have a question for you.” AJ forces me to sit up and look at him. “Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?”

 

“Yes.” I whisper in amazement. I never saw this coming.  “Of course I’ll marry you.”

 

“I was hoping you would say that.” AJ chuckles.  He opens the box and takes out the most beautiful ring I ever saw. It is a round diamond surround by a black gold band. It matches perfect with AJ’s black titanium and diamond ring.

 

Tears start pouring from my eyes. “Oh Alex, this is absolutely gorgeous. Can you believe we picked out similar rings?”

 

“That’s because we know each other so well. I’m glad you want to be my wife.”  His lips brush my cheek tenderly, as his hands play with my thigh that is popping out of my robe.

 

“And I’m ecstatic that you want to be my husband. I never thought I would find a man to love me for me. All these years I thought I was destined to have a marriage like my mom and dad. It took a leap of faith to let you in. Sometimes I’m still afraid that I’m not good enough.”

 

“Baby, you are everything I want and more. I plan on showing you every day for the rest of your life how much I love you.”

 

My hand gently strokes his face. “Make love to me Alex. Right here, right now.”

 

“I think you may want to wait on that.” Nick appears in the door way. “I see he gave you the ring.”

 

“Ring? What ring?” Jessi appears beside Nick, wearing his t-shirt. Her hair is all over the place. They definitely had an enjoyable night. She pushes past Nick and grabs my hand.

 

“He proposed.” I giggle, while Jessi inspects my ring.

 

“Well, I’ll be damned. You did good, Big Mac.” She gives me a huge smile. “It’s beautiful Ho Jo.”

 

“I think this is a cause for celebration. Two hot Backstreet Boys off the market.” Nick plops down on a chair.

 

“Yes, I think we should celebrate alone in our bedrooms.” I stand up; then pull AJ out of his seat. “Night Nick. Night Jessi.”