- Text Size +
It was an afternoon calm as the roaring of waves intruded into thoughts teeming to escape.And it is almost surreal though...sitting beneath an umbrella of passion and discovery, the very cages of reality sunken in without any sort of warning it may happen. Sighing, he quickly ruffled his faded blonde hair and lazily pinning his arms across his chest...as if a beauty in this war continues to rage....an deafening hurt within his heart.

Nick was never sure how it all came to this moment as he peered down at ivory slashes that design his skin..reminding him the sorrow she truly felt....he knew it was all his fault..he just knew.....

In a distance however..he heard them...their dainty laughter and soft smiles that had worn upon him for so long it was as if they were perched next to him bathing in the afterglow of a sunlit muse. Even more so when it feathers across liquid skies that fated to be bored unless there was someone nor something to attest you in a way that was both beautiful and sinful.
It felt like hours...Nick sprawling his soul upon his own beach to await a reaching of truth just climb inside his rough edges woven by a need to be wanted.
Tenderly with eyes locked together, he began to rewind time in memories and like a weak clock of clouds, they slowly unravel and helplessly cry silently as they pass away.

There was too much left on his mind that cannot be reckoned with along each measuring pulse...this was all he could ever afford. And when a tide flushed hues of an angry orange and puffy pinks, to signify a wasteful day ending in complete circus of misery...he delicately gathered himself up and headed for his house.
Upon entering, it was a haunting dark decorated with silvered lines painted in front of each photo that hung in it's sacred place. He breathed a sour grieving way that was soundless to his now dried lips. He missed their voices, one full of life ahead with innocence and the other fully matured and perfectly bloomed with so much love. As he reached the empty bedroom to try to save whatever pride that remained in his rattled soul...it was too late.

Though it was midsummer when a nightly moan of heat sneaked in, he felt the warming particles of sadness creep over his worthless blue eyes.

Should of never happened..he thought quietly to himself.....

The fighting, the half-long evenings hard with booze, the violence he inflicted, the contract....and the consequences that came with it.
Sure, they wanted desperately salvage any passion that lingered upon the curtains of fear with uncertainty..but was it all worth it?
It started with a weird man...short and plump as if he had feasted into forbidden gardens. His defiant black hair melted on his flawless skin and and evil-like mustache curves in a motion almost sorry.
He explained what the contract is and what may hold fastened with the possibility of souls driven to a point of severe blackouts on rare resolutions.

And still..they agreed to it....

and it was impatiently clear now....should of never done so....


And now, with a shattered reflection remembering in vain what exactly caused all of their lives to crumble but nothing in the mere ruins of an life so bitter-sweet and worse when his own daughter is not here...with him.
Frustration boiled in a heated pot of rage as he took the snapshot of a lovely day at the water park with Rosalind and Amelia and hurled it across the room, broken upon impact..just as he felt then and in a moment off a pure loneliness that constantly attacks him...the war shudders on his back...



he knew it was all his fault..he just knew.....