- Text Size +
“Baby are you ready?” AJ asked walking in the bedroom. I clipped my earrings and looked at him through the mirror. I smiled and nodded, turning around.

“How do I look?”

“Beautiful as always. We have to get going if we’re gonna make it the interview on time.”

“I’m never on time.” I said, pressing my lips to his. He chuckled and nodded.

“I know.” He grinned, pulling me behind him out of his house. We got into his Benz, but I stopped him.

“Hey baby can we go in the Chevelle?” I asked, as he sat in the Benz, he looked up at me and smiled widely.

“Fuck yes we can!” He exclaimed, getting out the Benz and locking it back. We walked to the garage and got in the Chevelle. He couldn’t quit smiling, “That made me so happy.”

“Why?” I asked as he backed out the driveway and headed towards LA. I reached over and grabbed his hand, caressing his hand with the pad of my thumb. “Because I wanted to ride in the Chevelle?”

“Yeah, not many ladies liked it.” He said, coming up to the red light. I shrugged and grabbed my phone showing him my midnight purple 68 Chevelle. His eyes lit up. “How come I haven’t seen this yet?”

“You never went in my garage. I have a 67 Camaro SS; it’s charcoal grey with a scoop on the hood.” I said, “It’s in Denise and Tony’s garage. He usually drives it.”

“That’s yours?” He asked, looking at me. I smiled and nodded.

“You’re not the only one with a lot of cars.” I said, sticking my tongue out at him. “I still have that Toyota I had back in school. I have Poppa A’s Impala—I bought it to finish off the hospital bills for Grams.”

“Can I see it when we get back to Florida?” He asked, I nodded. “What else do you have?”

“I have a 70 Sting Ray in the underground garage, along with one of my favorite vehicles ever.” I said, with a smile.

“What?”

“I have a Nova Wagon!”

He laughed loudly, “You’re shitting me.”

“No sir. I have pictures of it, too.”

“What’s your favorite?” He wondered, I smiled and swiped right to it. It was a light tealish robin’s egg color 1967 Ls1 SS.

“It was my first car. I restored it when I got my first big paycheck. It’s my baby.” I said, showing him the picture. His eyes widened, his lips curved into a smile.

“Is that Kojack?” He wondered, I bit my lip and nodded.

“It is.”

“That’s fucking beautiful. When we get back to Florida we have to ride in it. That was the first car I got to drive, the first car I failed to get my license.”

“I know. It’s my baby. It’s in the garage as well.” I said, as we pulled up to the Kwanis where the interview and photoshoot was going to be. We got out the car and walked inside, hand in hand.

“Madalay it’s so nice to see you again.” Matt McDermitt said with a bright smile, he hugged me and looked at AJ. “Nice seeing you again, AJ.”

“Diya here?” I asked, he looked at me and nodded. “Hell yes!”

“She’s doing your interview.”

“What?”

“Yeah, surprise?”

I chuckled, “I have a better surprise. AJ and I are expecting.”

“Holy shit!” He exclaimed, “I heard you proposed to him.”

I nodded, “And right after, he said that he’d only marry me if I married him. He proposed the same night.”

“I watched it, I cried like a baby.” I chuckled and shook my head. “Congratulations on the pregnancy, what are you two hoping for?”

“Both.” We said in unison.

“Both?” Matt asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

“We’re having twins.” AJ said, making me smile widely. Matt’s eyes widened and he gaped as it registered.

“Holy fucking hell! AJ you are the man!” Matt exclaimed, hugging us both.

“Why do you say that?” Diya asked from behind him. She took me in her arms and hugged me.

“AJ and Lay are having twins.”

“Holy shit! Crongrats baby!” She said kissing my cheek.

“Thank you.” I replied, as she hugged AJ.

We walked in the studio and sat down with Diya.

“So, AJ, I heard there was another album in the mix—what can you tell me about it?” Diya asked, as the interview started.

“Uhm, since Kevin left the group on a hiatus, the four of us are honing into an album that we have full control over. Mada is producing it, which I’m over the top excited about.”

“Really? She’s produced a lot of hits in her time, do you think that will happen?” She wondered.

“I don’t see why it wouldn’t happen. I mean, other than her, Backstreet Boys has the best fans in my opinion. They’ve been there since we started—they are always interacting in ways with the group.” He replied, I nodded.

“Backstreet Boys do have the best fans. They’ve been real supportive of AJ and I.” I added, AJ grabbed my hand and nodded.

“That’s true. They’re supportive of every relationship in the band.” AJ said, Diya smiled.

“I know you two as well as the band are a part of many foundations. What is the one that it’s close to home?”

“We’re both members of the American Diabetes Association, his… well our Poppa A had diabetes as well as his Uncle. I’m a part of the American Hearts Association for our Grams and Brian. We have given tremendously to the American Cancer Association as well as to St. Judes; I usually go a couple times a year to see the kids.”

“That’s amazing, really notable. So, tattoos… I know you both have well over ten, can you tell me about some that you do have and their meaning?”

“You want to go first?” AJ asked, looking at me. I chuckled but nodded.

“I have over thirty tattoos. One of my favorites is the roses and the time clock on my bicep. Our Grams loved roses, and the time clock is the one she gave me when I was a little girl; weird enough the clock stopped on the time she died, so I have the original time of her death. Another is of my biological mom; she died when I was very little; I have her signature on my wrist.” I said, running the pad of my thumb over the tattoo. “My thighs are a favorite of mine. If anyone knows me, I love skulls and roses. I have several roses with a sugar skull, it comes up to my side with What Makes You Different Makes You Beautiful under it. While on the other leg is a dreamcatcher with a Cherokee Indian and her elder.”

“She has better tattoos than me.” AJ added with a smile.

“Though, my favorite is a newer one. It has a king crown with AL under it going down my thumb.”

“AJ what are yours?”

“My favorite is the queen crown with MADA under it.” He said with a big smile, “I have the traditional mom tattoo, as well. The cross is a favorite… I don’t know I enjoy all of my tattoos even the ones people really don’t understand.”

“Fair enough, do you think that Madalay will ever be featured on any Backstreet album?” Diya asked, looking at him.

“I wouldn’t mind her being on it at all. I love her voice, it’s angelic.” He said, entwining his fingers with mine.

“That’s amazing and yes she does.” Diya stated, “Are you having any thoughts of a solo album?”

“I would like a solo album, really. Nick has done his, Howie has done one, and Brian has as well. I’ve wrote a couple of songs already, but we’ll see how it goes. I’d like Madalay to produce it.” He said admirably.

“She’s produced some of the best songs and albums, for her age. She’s like master at that also with tattoos. I have a lot of her work on me. Madalay what is it really like tattooing?” Diya asked.

“I love it. It’s peaceful, really. Just hearing the sound of a gun is amazing and fulfilling. I love being able to put images that people have created whether it be meaningful to them, I love hearing their stories when they come in and explain what they want and why they want it.”

“That’s amazing. I know the four you did for me, you drew them all. You took my idea and you ran with it, adding a little you in there. With the finished product, I couldn’t believe it. You were adamant about what I wanted, you were precise and you listened to me. I thought a lot about you for that reason. I have tattoos from some artists that didn’t listen to me at all, and with those tattoos I wasn’t happy with.” She explained, making me smile.

“I like to take the time of hearing what the canvases want. I have to impress them, it’s their skin that permanent ink is going in to.” I said, looking at her. She nodded.

“Have you ever turned anyone down?” She wondered.

“I hate to say it, but yes I have. There was an eighteen year old that came in and she was wanting to rebel out. I sat there and explained to her that what she wanted wasn’t something she needed on her skin permanently. I understand rebelling out, but wanted something like she did wasn’t what she needed on her skin at all.” I said, “She ended up getting a rival tattoo shop to do it for her. She saw me a couple months later and told me she regretted it. She said she should’ve listened to me, but she was hell bent and determined to get it.”

“Was it hard to turn her down?” She wondered.

“It was. I mean, I enjoy tattooing people, but when I do it, I want them to be proud of it, not regret it. It would break my heart if I done work on someone and they said they hated it; I would probably quit tattooing all together.” I said, squeezing AJ’s hand lightly. He looked at me and winked.

“I understand completely. Is there any tattoos that you are wanting to get?” She asked, AJ and I both nodded quickly.

“I love the Phantom of the Opera, I’ve always been a fan of the play and musical; I know that AJ was the Phantom in the Backstreet’s Back video; I was thinking about getting his face tattooed on the lower part of my back.”

“You know what would be cool? If you done that and you be his Christine. Have him holding you in his arms, you long for him looking away, and he looks straight. That would be beautiful.”

“I like that idea.” AJ added.

“I want a quote in there. Like “Your chains are still mine! You belong to me!”, there is so much emotion in that one quote.”

“I like it. I think I’ll get something like that. Good thinking baby.” AJ said, nudging me with his arms. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“My idea!” I exclaimed, making him and Diya laugh. “Kidding, you can have the same.”

“Okay, we’ll talk about it later.” He said, patting my hand. I grinned and batted my eyelashes.

“You two are such an amazing couple.” Diya said, “You two are engaged right?”

“Yeah we are. My life is so much better with her in my life. She understands me down to the core, and she doesn’t judge me at all. She’s helped me in more ways than just recently. When we were younger she was there for me through everything.”

“We are anything but normal—relationship wise. Well, I’m normal, him not so much.” I said chuckling, “I’m kidding. He’s normal, just very unique but I love everything about him. He loves shopping, which he can shop for me anytime—I don’t care for shopping too much. He paints my toenails and fingernails so I don’t have to go to the salon. I hate driving.”

“That’s the damn truth. As much as she drives, she hates it. It’s always “Baby please drive. I love you!” Sometimes I think that’s why she keeps me around.”

“Oh come on, you know I love you. Not only because you drive all the time.” I said, leaning over and pressing my lips to his. “I love you more than anything, the fact that you drive is a added bonus.”

“I understand.” He started, “I love you, too, baby.” He said, kissing me once more. I grinned and laid my head on his shoulder.

“Are you two wanting a big wedding, small wedding?” Diya asked, I looked up at AJ and shrugged.

“Small would be fine, I don’t need anything huge to be a McLean.” I said, looking at her. She grinned and nodded.

“What about a family?”

“Well, we are pregnant with twins. We were actually pregnant with triplets, but one passed away.” AJ explained, Diya’s eyes widened and her face fell.

“I’m so sorry. My condolences and congratulations.” She said, “I can’t imagine what you two are going through.”

“It hurts, but there wasn’t anything I could’ve done—we didn’t even know I was pregnant until we got to the hospital. AJ’s hurting as well, but he’s helped me a lot through this. The pain is unbearable, it’s hard that we did lose a child; though we do have something to look forward with the twins.” I said, snuggling into AJ’s chest, trying to subside the tears. He kissed my head and pulled his arm from mine, wrapping it over my shoulders.

“AJ what do you have to say about it?”

“There isn’t much I can say. When she goes to sleep at night, she cries a little bit and it breaks my heart—I hate seeing her in pain. I’ll wait until she’s asleep and I’ll break down. I ask God why we lost one, but then I have to thank Him for the twins. I ask him to give me the strength to help Madalay through everything. I want to be everything she deserves; I would snatch the sun, moon and stars for her.”

“That’s amazing. I’ve interviewed a lot of couples, but never any that are as in depth as you two in love. Like I can look at you two and see that there is a flame that is burning bright.” Diya said, almost dreamily.

“I love him. He’s my best friend, my lover, my one and only.”

“I can say the same about her. She’s my everything, I love her more than anything in this world, and nothing will ever change that—except for the twins and if we have more kids; but other than that, she’s it for me.” AJ added, making me smile. Tears welled up once more, I hid my face in his chest.

“Oh baby,” He started, and took me in his arms. I cried lightly in his chest, he rocked us back and forth on the stool. I sighed and wiped my eyes. “Hormones baby?”

I nodded and kissed him lovingly. I slid off his lap and stood between his legs. He wrapped his arms protectively around my waist, rubbing my stomach. Diya looked at us and smiled, “It’s time for yal’s photoshoot. Lay do you mind being in a bra and underwear?”

“Al is it okay with you?” I asked, looking up at him.

“Are you okay with it?” He wondered, kissing my forehead.

“Both of yal will be in underwear.” Diya adds, AJ nodded, then I nodded. We followed her to the trailer and got dressed in our ‘clothes’. I looked down and smiled at my growing stomach, I couldn’t wait to meet them.

“You ready baby?” AJ asked walking up behind me. I looked at him and smiled, “Don’t you look beautiful?”

“You do, too.” I whispered, running my hands up his chest. He grinned and pressed his lips to mine. “I love you Al.”

“I love you Mada.” He whispered in reply, “Come on, Matt was telling me about the shoot.”

“Okay.” I said, following him out of the trailer. He helped me step out of it, we met in the warehouse where Matt was.

“Okay, I want you two to act natural together, which it won’t be a problem.” He said with a smile. I looked and saw a bed and a couch. I walked to the bed and laid on it, AJ walked slowly over to me and sat at my feet. I called him up to me, he smiled and crawled slowly up my body, pressing kisses along my stomach.

Out the corner of my eye, I noticed Matt was walking towards us. AJ covered my body, turning his head and pressing his lips to my neck. My fingernails dug into his flesh, causing him to groan. I smirked and looked up at Matt as he snapped the picture. I turned my head, catching AJ’s lips. He flipped us over, I straddled his stomach, taking his hands on either side of his head; I leaned down and kissed him.

After a few shots, he and I got up and walked to the couch. I smiled, looking back at him as we walked to the couch. He laid on the couch, and kept his knees in the air. I sat on his knees and looked down at him, grinning and receiving a smirk from him. His hands rested on my thighs, I leaned down and hoisted myself over him.

“I love you so much.” I said, looking in his eyes; they were filled with love, warmth, security.

“I love you baby, always and forever.” He whispered in reply. I leaned down and kissed him quickly; I sat up and he rested his hands on my stomach. I laid my hands over his and looked down.

“That was amazing. I think we have all we need. I want to do a few shots with your car AJ, if we can.” Matt said, with a bright smile. AJ and I looked at him and nodded. I got up and helped AJ up—we dressed in our regular clothes, but I ended up with a pair of shorts. We met back up with Diya and Matt. “The video should be to you by the end of Saturday.”

“Okay, that’s cool man.” AJ said, as we got to the hood of the Chevelle; he and I stood in front of it—he slung his arm over my shoulders, I brought my left hand to his and linked out index finger together. After a few shots, we were finished and headed back to AJ’s.

“Hey baby can we walk on the beach tonight?” I asked, looking over at him on the couch. He looked from the TV and smiled, adding a small nod. “What’s on your mind, talk to me.”

“I’m going to sell this place.” He said, pulling me gently to him. I grinned and pressed my lips to his. “Good then you can move in with me at our house in Florida.”

“Yes, and I can’t wait.” He whispered, pressing his lips to mine with a smile. “I love you so much.”

“I love you Al, more than anything.” I replied, kissing him again. “You are everything I’ve wanted and more.”

“You are, too, baby.” He said, hugging me tightly. I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed happily. I stood up, leaving him questioning my actions. I held my finger up and walked into the kitchen, opening the fridge. I grabbed the pack of hotdogs and got two out for me, I wrapped them in a paper towel and popped them in the microwave for ten seconds. As the microwaved beeped, I grabbed then out and fixed me a glass of tea. I walked back into the living room and sat beside AJ, he chuckled and kissed my head.

“Don’t laugh at me. I was hungry.” I said, nudging his ribs. He sat up quickly and started laughing, I furrowed my eyebrows and grinned. “Aww is Al ticklish?”

“Don’t you dare!” He exclaimed, jumping up quickly. I laughed loudly and walked after him, he started skipping through the dining room. I slipped around the short hall into the laundry room where he normally hid. I opened the pantry and grabbed him. He screamed, making me flail away from him. I couldn’t help but to laugh, I couldn’t stop either. I crossed my legs, trying not to pee all over myself.

I walked quickly to the hall bathroom and peed quickly. As I washed my hands and walked out, AJ was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. I grinned and held my hands up, surrendering. “I almost pissed in my pants after that scream you belted out. I didn’t mean to scare you that bad baby. “

“You’re gonna get it when you’re least expecting it.” He said, smiling sarcastically.

“I love you Alexander James.”

“I love you Madalay Jane.” He pressed his lips to mine. I smiled and took his hand, pulling him through the house to the living room. We took our original places on the couch, I continued to eat my hotdogs.

“Sing to me.” I said, laying my head on his chest.

“What you want me to sing?” He asked, with his lips against my head. I shrugged and closed my eyes, smiling to myself.
When we turn out the lights, the two of us alone together; something's just not right. But girl, you know that I would never ever let another's touch come between the two of us cause no one else will ever take your place.

No one else comes close to you. No one makes me feel the way you do. You're so special, girl, to me, and you'll always be eternally. Every time I hold you near, you always say the words I love to hear. Girl, with just one touch you can do so much; No one else comes close.


“Beautiful.” I said, smiling up to him. He grinned and pressed his lips to mine. “What kind of wedding do you want to have?”

“Honestly, it doesn’t matter baby, as long as it’s you meeting me at the altar, that’s all that matters.” He said, running his hand up and down my side.

“I want it to be us. Neither of us is normal exactly—we both like the same thing. Skulls, black, things like that.”

“I see what you’re saying. Well we can do whatever you want to do baby. Our wedding day will be the best, I trust in that. I want to help, but I don’t want it to get too stressful on you at all.”

I nodded, “I understand. Would it be weird to wear a black wedding dress? Or would you rather have me in white?”

“Baby you could be in a paper bag and still be the most beautiful woman I’ve ever laid eyes on.” He said making me laughing lightly.

“Paper bag it is then.” I said, grabbing the remote and turning it to ABCFamily and seeing Boy Meets World was on. I smiled and buried myself deeper in AJ’s side. I wrapped my arm around his stomach, holding him close. “Everyone deserves that.”

“What?”

“A love like Cory and Topanga.” I said, sighing, “Like ours.”

“I agree, when people find that one everything is a hundred percent better.” He said kissing my head. I smiled and looked up at him. “Everything becomes perfect.”

“I always dreamed of having a Cory. You can just tell how much he loves Topanga. When you and I took each other’s virginity; I felt a connection that I never felt again, until you and I saw each other again… when we actually had a conversation; not me saying that I hated you. When we first talked, and then made love… that connection come back quickly.” I said softly, “When you left my house that morning, and left that note… I felt empty. I knew I lost you once again. I thought you realized what a mistake I have been.”

“You are never and will never be a mistake, baby. I was stupid, like always. I was the one that left you… I shouldn’t have done that. I should’ve stayed and we would’ve started everything earlier. I love you with all my heart, I never stopped. No girl I’ve had in my life has ever meant more than anything to me than you.”

“But when Marc called your mama that night and she sat on my bed and cried to me, I knew that I loved you. You mean a lot to me, Al, you really do. Even after what happened when we were younger, you still meant a lot to me. I never wanted you to get hurt. I know a lot of our fights when we were younger stemmed from my mouth, but I wouldn’t ever want you to get hurt. When I told you your daddy could try to come back into the picture… I found out he did. I remember you got mad because I told you that would happen, I didn’t tell you to hurt you… I just wanted to protect you. My dad done the same.”

“Wha-what?” He asked, I shrugged.

“It was after you guys left for tour he came to the house. He and Marc got in a fight, Marc almost killed him. He said a lot of hurtful things that I can’t ever forgive him over.” I said, looking up at him, biting the inside of my lip.

“He won’t ever mess with you again, I can promise you that.” He whispered, I caught that familiar love in his eyes. He pressed his lips to mine. “I do love you. I love you more than anything in this world.”

“I know you do, and I love you more than anything in this world as well.” I said, kissing him once more. “This episode, the feelings and emotions when Cory and Topanga break up, is what I felt when you left. I’m glad I have you back in my life… I have my Cory.”

“I used to sit up on the bus and watch this, always wondering if you were watching it, too.” He said, then whispered, “You’ve always been my Topanga.”
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you Kyrie for keeping me alive!