- Text Size +
As I, I, I, adjust to my new sights, through really tired lights they’ll take me to new heights. My hand is on the trigger, I’m ready to ignite; tomorrow might make it, but everything’s alright. Mental fiction follow me, show me what it’s like to be set free.

“Alexander mother-fucking James McLean, if you don’t turn that son of a bitchin phone off I swear to god I will break that motherfucker and throw it in the pool.” I gritted out, shoving him harshly. He jolted up and looked around.

Can’t you help me as I’m starting to burn, all alone? To many doses and I’m starting to get an attraction. My confidence is leaving me on my on, all alone. No one can save me and you know I don’t want the attention.

“I’m not fucking kidding, AJ, turn that motherfucker off! Now!” I exclaimed, trying to push him off the bed.

“What the hell are you doing?” He asked, sitting up.

“The phone, turn it off now.” I gritted out, grabbing the pillow and holding it over my head as it played that same verse and chorus over and over. I love the song, I helped produce it, but holy fucking hell man!

“Oh shit, sorry babe.” He said, muting his phone. “It was my alarm. I didn’t mean to wake you.” He rambled, I put my hand up to stop him.

“Shhh.” I said, “Come back to me.” I whispered, calling him over. I heard him chuckle, then felt the bed shift. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me on top of him. I snuggled in his chest, becoming more comfortable. He ran his hand up and down my back, I pressed my lips to his chest.

“Better?” He asked, I nodded and heard him laugh.

“Better.” I whispered, dropping my legs on either side of him, “Much, much better.”

“Good, babe I really didn’t mean about the alarm. I forgot it was set.” He apologized, I reached up and put my hand over his mouth.

“I know, it’s okay. Shhh.” I said, feeling him smile under my hand again. I sighed heavily, inhaling his scent—Old Spice Fuji and a cigarette, my favorite smells. “You smell good.”

“You do, too.” He replied, kissing my head.

“What time is it?” I whispered, noticing it was daylight.

“8:30.” He said, as I shot up. “What’s wrong?”

“Den’s leaving. I need to see her before she leaves!” I exclaimed, running out of AJ’s bedroom and into the hall, only to run into Brian. Our foreheads hit, we both fell to the ground. “Ow, Brian! Fucking hard ass head!”

“It wasn’t my fault Sugar Toes.” He said, as AJ, Kevin, Kris, Leigh, Howie, Denise, Nick and Lauren came into view.

“Holy shitballs Batman!” I said, closing my eyes.

“Babe you okay?” AJ asked, bending down to me. I nodded and smiled.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Fucking Brian and that hard ass head of his.” I mumbled, sitting up and looked at Brian playfully glaring at him.

“I’m sorry Lay.” Brian feigned scared, making me laugh. I stood up, and helped him up, then gave him a hug.

“It’s okay Bri.” I said, kissing his cheek. I pulled away and grabbed AJ’s arm, leaning against him.

“Honey, you sure you’re okay?” Denise asked, looking at my forehead. I nodded and hugged her.

“I’m happy you haven’t left yet.” I said, kissing her cheek. “I thought I missed you.”

“AJ’s alarm kept going off and waking me up.” She said, hugging me to her.

“See! I told you Al!” I exclaimed, sticking my tongue out at him.

He scoffed, “Mama, Mada stuck her tongue out at me!”
“Alexander you know fibbing isn’t nice!” Denise scolded playfully.

“Wimp.” I muttered, trying to contain my smile.

“Mom she called me a wimp.” He taddled like a child. Everyone started laughing, including Denise.

“I haven’t heard such coming from her. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Denise said, kissing my head. I looked at AJ and grinned batting my eyelashes.

“She loves me more!” I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around AJ’s neck and jumped, wrapping my legs around his waist.

“She does not.”

“She does too.”

“Does not.”

“Does too.”

“Does no—“ He started, but I pressed my lips to his to hush him up. I pulled back and watched him smile dreamily, “Good morning.”

“I’m going downstairs before this PG turns to R.” Brian said, making everyone laugh loudly, “I love you both, but I’m too old to be watching porn.”

“Oh my god, we weren’t going to do anything!” I exclaimed, shimmying down AJ, before I walked behind Brian, who took off downstairs. I was hot on his tail, I chased him all through AJ’s house. I finally caught him after he tripped over a pillow that was in the living room. I jumped on his back, and choked him playfully.

“Kids.” I heard Kevin say from behind us. Brian pretended to be dead, I stood up on his ass and demanded acknowledgement for my defeat.

“Bow down to the defeation of I!” I growled playfully, making everyone including Brian. I giggled and stepped off of Brian.

“Defeation is not a word!” Howie said, looking over at me.

“Latin Lover are you calling for a battle?” I asked, glaring playfully at him.

“Never Lady Bone.” He said, making me laugh.

“Oh you guys.” I said, walking into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for everyone. I made a spread, with toast, eggs, bacon, grits, sausage, waffles. As I finished Denise and I walked out back and sat on the patio with our coffee, leaving everyone to eat.

“I’m proud of you, baby.” She started, as she teared up, “You are getting your happy ending, finally.”

“What you mean, Den?” I asked, lighting up a cigarette.

She sighed happily, “Everything is falling into place. They always said if it’s meant to be, it will be. I’m a sole believer that you and Alex are meant to be together.”

“Den can I confess something to you?” I asked, looking at her. She smiled and nodded. “I love Al with all my heart. It’s something that never really went away.”

“Oh, baby, I knew that.” She said with a bright smile, “How you act with him is more than a thousand of words. It’s the same with him, too. The light I used to see in both of your eyes, when yal were young and together, is finally back. I think it helped that both of yal both told everything last night.”

“You knew about that?” I asked, looking at her. She nodded and grabbed my free hand giving it a gentle squeeze.

“Yes, I went to tell you two last night that I was going to bed, and I heard yal talking. It made me tear up because I know that it’s really hard on both of yal. I think you two can use one another as a support system as well as a lifeline.” She admitted, looking at me with tears in her eyes.

“Den,” I started, as I sat up and turned to her, taking her in my arms. We both cried in each other’s shoulders. She clung to me as if she was afraid she’d never see me again. “I love you so much Den. You’re my Ma, may not be by blood, but for all intents and purposes you are. You have been my rock through everything that I’ve had thrown at me. I owe you so much, it’s unreal. I owe you my life, Den.”

“You don’t owe me anything baby, nothing to any extremities. I do want something though,” She started, “I want you to give you and Alex a chance. I’m telling you, your Grams and I have both talked before she passed, and she knew that one day yal would be together again. Just give it some thought, I think it could really be something good.”

“I was already going to give him a chance, Den.” I said, kissing her cheek.

“Hey! I can’t have my two ladies crying, everything okay?” I heard AJ ask from behind us. We pulled apart and wiped our faces. We looked at him and nodded.

“Everything’s fine.” I said, looking back at Denise. She smiled and nodded. I finished my cigarette quickly and stood up. Denise walked inside, leaving AJ and I alone.

“What’s up babe?” He asked, placing his hands on my hips. I stood up on my tip toes and kissed him lovingly.

“Nothing, we were just talking. It was good talk.” I said, reassuring him. He furrowed his eyebrows, but let it go.

“You okay about flying tonight?” He asked, I nodded and smiled. “It’s on a private jet, so it’s just us, okay?”

“I’ll be fine babe. I’ll charge the iPod before we go.” I said, giggling. He picked me up and slung me over his shoulder. “Put me down! My ass is going to show!”

“Everyone loves your ass.” He replied, walking in the house.

“Alexander James McLean!” I exclaimed, hearing him and the others laugh. I started beating his ass, literally. “Damnit Alexander! Put me down!”

“Ooh, pop me again baby. Daddy loves that.” AJ replied, making me laugh. I gave up, my body went limp, hoping dead weight would make him put me down. Much to my dismay, that shit didn’t happen. He walked around with me over his shoulder, then sat at the bar with the guys.

“I mean are you serious?” I asked, trying to sit up, but I couldn’t. I found a easier solution, though, I wiggled over his shoulder and started rocking. To my luck, AJ and I both fell, me falling face first into the floor, and him landing on top of me. The whole room fell in silence, until I broke it by laughing loudly, the girls and the guys busted out in a fit of laughter. “AJ please get off of me for just a second.”

“What in the world happened?” Denise asked in a hurry, “Alexander James you are going to crush Lay!” She pulled AJ off of me, and rolled me over. Tears fell out of my eyes, I looked at Denise and started laughing again. AJ bent down and helped me up. “Kids, I’m fixing to head out.” Denise said, wrapping her arms around AJ and I.

We both kissed her cheek, before she pulled away. “You sure you don’t us to take you?” I asked, looking up at her. She smiled and nodded.

“I’ll be fine, you two need to finish packing for Boston.” She said, kissing us both on the cheek. She hugged each couple, along with Brian and said her goodbyes. Marcus grabbed her bag and took her out to the car, then helped her in. He got in the driver’s seat and headed for the LAX.

“Are you okay?” Leigh asked, looking over me. I giggled and nodded.

“I’m fine Leigh, I promise. No bumps, no bruises.” I said, “I’m in the clear.”

“I just wanted to make sure. Everyone is going to spend time with their lover. Brian is upstairs talking to Leighanne.” She said, looking between the two of us. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly. She retreated back upstairs, I looked at AJ and smiled.

“After hitting your head a lot today, you’re awfully happy.” He said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders, before we walked up the stairs and back to his room. I laid on the bed and sighed happily.

“Talk to me, Al.” I said, looking up at him. He grinned and crawled onto the bed, laying his head on my chest, facing me.

“What you want to talk about?” He asked, grabbing my hand and playing with my fingers.

“Anything, tell me all that you want me to hear.” I said, picking my head up and looking down at him.

“When I’m in you, I feel like I’m on top of the world.” He said, making me chuckle. “When I’m around you, I feel like I’m King of the world. When you smile, it feels my heart and makes me feel like I have a reason for being on this earth. This right here, this us laying like this, it’s perfect.”

“Al, I feel the same way babe.” I said, running my fingers through his hair, “I like being like this.”

“I could get used to this.” He said, looking at me. I nodded and bit my lips.

“I can, too.” I replied, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him beside me. I laid my head on his chest, hearing his quickened but steady beat of his heart. I closed my eyes and sighed happily, resting my hand on his sternum.

“We need to get packed.” He said, making me laugh. “We’ll be back tomorrow, so just a light bag.”

“Five more minutes.” I said, putting my hand over his mouth for him to hush. He chuckled and pulled me on top of him. “De ja vu.” I said as I muzzled my face in his neck. He laughed and ran his hands up and down my back. I sighed happily, and pressed my lips to his neck.

“Do you think when we get to Boston we can have dinner?” He wondered, I nodded and pushed myself up, straddling his stomach and resting my hands on his chest.

“If you ask me like you’re supposed to, we can.” I said, batting my eyelashes.

“Madalay Jane Ramirez, if it’s not too much for you to accept, I would love to take you on a date once we land in Boston.” He said with the most serious face, the same face he had when he said he was going to move back to Florida.

“Alexander James McLean, I do believe I can fit you in my non-busy schedule.” I said, leaning down and pressing my lips to his. “I just need to know what to pack.”

“Well I’m going to take you to the most wonderful and fancy seafood place there is in Boston, so dress for the occasion.” He said, as I slid off of him. I walked to my bag and realized I didn’t pack anything fancy to wear. I bit my lip and looked at him.

“I need to go shopping.” I said, taking out all of my clothes. What caught my eye was a black dress on the bottom. I knew I didn’t put it in there. I furrowed my eyebrows and took the dress out. “Never mind. How did this get in here?”

“One guess, it wasn’t me.” He said sitting up on the bed. I looked at him and chuckled. “I had Ma put it in there. It was perfect actually, Leigh brought it because you left it at her house.”

“Wow. You’re on top of things, aren’t you McLean?” I asked, grabbing a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, panties and a bra. I grabbed my iPod before I walked into the bathroom. I sat my things on the double counter then turned and ran water in the tub. I added Lavender & Vanilla bubble bath, then put the iPod on the iHome dock. I sat on the side of the tub with my feet in the hot water, I love hot baths. I grabbed my lighter and lit the vanilla tea candles that were against the wall lined up perfectly.

The iPod started playing Siberia. I hummed along with the song, until I stripped my clothes and sat in the tub, letting the water surround me. I replayed Siberia so I could sing along with it. It was a favorite of mine.

When you come back I won't be here. She said and gently pulled me near. If you want to talk you can call, and no it's not your fault.

I just smiled and said let go of me, but there's something that I've just gotta know. Did someone else steal my part? She said it's not my fault.

Then my heart did time in Siberia. Was waiting for the lie to come true, 'Cause it's all so dark and mysterious. When the one you want doesn't want you too.


I closed my eyes, and sang with my heart. I was in my own world, and didn’t even hear nor feel AJ sliding in the tub with me, until he sang his part.

I was drifted in between, like I was on the outside looking in, yeah yeah. In my dreams you are still here. Like you've always been.

I smiled as he sang, he pulled me in his lap and kissed my head. I laid my head on his shoulder as we sang together.

Oh yeah, my heart did time in Siberia. Was waiting for the lie to come true, 'Cause it's all so dark and mysterious. When the one you want doesn't want you too.

After we sang the chorus, he took over the bridge, just as he did on the song.

I gave myself away completely, but you just couldn't see me. Though I was sleeping in your bed, 'Cause someone else was on your mind. In your head.

I sang Brian’s part, along with him. AJ wrapped his arms around me tightly.

When I came back she wasn't there, Just a note left on the stairs, If you want to talk give me a call.

AJ sang in unison with me, for the rest of the song. I’ve always loved his voice, even when we were younger he’d always sing to me. It was calming and soothing.

My heart did time in Siberia. Was waiting for the lie to come true. 'Cause it's all so dark and mysterious. When the one you want doesn't want you too. When the one that you want doesn't want you.

My heart did time in Siberia. Was waiting for the lie to come true. 'Cause it's all so dark and mysterious. When the one you want doesn't want you too.

Siberia, Siberia; when the one you want doesn't want you too.


“I didn’t tell you to get in here with me.” I said, kissing his cheek. He chuckled and looked at me as Darlin’ came on. One of my favorite old ones—that had that R&B feel to it.

“Well, I’ll get out then.” He scoffed playfully. I giggled and shook my head.

“Don’t.” I pled, turning around in his lap, “I don’t want you to leave.”

“I won’t, I promise.” He whispered, pressing his lips to mine. I smiled, “Tell me about high school, how was it for you?”

“Too long. It wasn’t anything special.” I said, shrugging. He furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head, looking over my facial expressions. “What?”

“How was the prom?” He asked, as I sighed.

“Couldn’t tell you.” I said, looking away. He cupped my chin with his thumb and index finger, bringing my eyes back to his.

“Why?” He asked, I pulled from his grasp and laid against the adjacent wall of the tub.

“Because I didn’t go.” I said, “I didn’t want to. Something happened, so I didn’t go.”

“What the fuck?” He asked, sitting up and looking at me.

“I don’t want to talk about that, Al.” I started, “Just drop it, okay?”

“No, I want to know why you didn’t go to your prom. Prom was supposed to be the best thing in high school.”

“No one really wanted to go with a nerd, Al. I wasn’t exactly Carmen Electra.” I said, my eyes boring in to his.

“What happened?” He asked, I shrugged and bit my lip.

“I had a date. It was stupid of me to think that Jason Baylor would actually ask me to Prom. It was like the whole scene in Never Been Kissed. He came in a limo, once I stepped out on the porch, he threw eggs and paint filled balloons at me.”

“Who does that kind of shit?” He asked, becoming angry.

“It’s over and done with, Al. I’ve moved on from it.” I said, drawing my legs up to my chest, resting my chin on my knees.

“That’s fucking crazy. If I ever see him, I will beat his ass.” He said, his nostrils flared with each word.

“It’s nothing now, Al.” I said, “It’s nothing to get bent up over about.” The look on his face was priceless. He wasn’t happy at all, and I knew that if he ever did see Jason, he would confront him.

“Still though,” He started, “Everyone deserves a prom.”

“You nor the guys had one, so what’s the big deal if I didn’t have one?” I questioned, looking up at him.

“It will always be a big deal, Mada.” He said, “Just because the guys and I didn’t have one doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t have either.”

“Listen, back then, I was ugly, I was nerdy, I wasn’t the prom date of the century.” I said, grabbing my black loofa and started washing my arms.

“That doesn’t matter if you thought you were ugly and nerdy… every girl should experience a prom at least once.” He said, closing the conversation. I was taken aback how he was acting, it really wasn’t a big deal to me though. Why couldn’t he just leave it alone?

“Anyways, I’ll give you a blow job if you tell me about this video.” I played, running my foot up his leg making him groan.

“You are so cruel.” He whimpered, “I want it to be a surprise.”

“Poor King, he gets no love today then.” I said, laying back in the tub.

“Oh King?” He asked, I smiled and nodded, “King will get love today. I promise you that.”

“By who? Rosie Palm and her five sisters?” I asked, with a smile.

“No, I’ll get you eventually.” He said, making me laugh. I rolled my eyes as That’s The Way I Like It came on. I started dancing to the beat, singing to the song. Once AJ’s part come up, he started busting out singing loudly.

Girl you make me wanna move. It's a price I've got to pay. For all the things you do, but I like it. Gotta listen to the groove, and you gotta listen well, The way you do it, that's the way I like it.

I couldn’t help but to laugh. I love when he and I can do this. We were comfortable with each other and it’s been years since I last saw him. It was like old times.

“What’s going on in that beautiful mind?” He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts and into his lap.

“You.” Was all I said, I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed. He wrapped his arms protectively around me and kissed my forehead.

“Talk to me?” He wondered, I nodded and thought how I was going to say what I needed to say.

“These past couple of weeks have been overwhelming. You managed to break down the walls that I put up to protect myself from you. I don’t know how you did it, but you did. I haven’t felt this way in a long time, if ever even. You’ve become such a huge part in my life. When Denise told me you were in a coma, it literally scared me. My heart stopped beating. I thought I was having a heart attack.” I said, running my fingers up and down his chest.

“I’m fine though, babe.” He started, I nodded and cut him off.

“I know, but at that time I didn’t know that. I mean you came to me, we had a night, you left, and the next thing I knew after I read the note was you were in a coma. I didn’t know what to think, Al. It scared me.” I said, “I’ve never been so scared in my life, what happened a few years ago doesn’t even touch this.”

“I’m sorry.” He whispered against my forehead.

“There’s nothing to be sorry for, Al.” I said, with a sad smile. I closed my eyes and snuggled into him more, or until the water started becoming cold. I wrapped the towel around me and dried off before I fixed my hair and got dressed. Oddly enough, when I went into the bedroom, AJ matched me.

“You can’t be cool like me Al. You’re taking my look from me.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest. He looked at me and chuckled. I rolled my eyes and walked to him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

“You think everything will work out between us?” He asked, looking down at me. I shrugged, and rolled my neck, hearing it crack. Lord it felt good.

“Do you want everything to work out between us?” I asked, laying my chin on his chest.

“More than you can imagine.” He whispered, pressing his lips to my forehead.

“Then I don’t see why it wouldn’t.” I replied, squeezing him once more before I turned away and grabbed my bag and sat it on the bed. I walked into the bathroom and got my dirty clothes that had piled in the floor along with the iPod.

I walked back into the bedroom and saw AJ painting his nails. “When you get finished, you can paint mine, too.” I said, kissing his head.

“Yes ma’am.” He said, looking up at me with his beautiful cinnamon brown eyes. I smiled and walked to the door, “Angel?”

I looked behind me, “Yes sir?”

“I love you.” He said with a smile.

“I love you, Al. I’ll be right back.” I replied, receiving a nod from him. He was smiling like the Cheshire Cat. I walked downstairs and heard Brian and Marcus talking about the upcoming tour. I slipped past them and walked into the kitchen, trying to find a regular grocery bag to put my dirty clothes in. After a minute of searching, I finally found what I needed. I stopped when I heard my name being said.

“Do you think Lay will be able to handle the tour?” Brian asked, he was always concerned for my wellbeing.

“I think she can. She seems like a strong-willed girl. I can tell that she still has those feelings for J.” Marcus replied.

“She does, and hearing her talk makes me think that she’s never lost those feelings. I know she loves him and I know he loves her. What J did to her is unacceptable, but when it’s balls to the wall, she’s in it a hundred percent.” Brian said, “She’s an amazing girl, she deserves the world. I just hope J will open his eyes and see what he’s got in front of him.”

“He will, trust me. I remember years back when he’d cry out for her. I agree with you, what he has done to her is unacceptable, but I think that if he does go balls to the wall that he will realize that she will be there regardless.” Marcus said, “She seems like a genuine woman. She’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. I’m just happy that J is smiling again, he’s becoming the old J we all knew and loved.”

“That’s true, she’s done a lot of good things to him over these past few weeks. She’s a blessing in disguise.” Brian said, “And I know she’s listening to us talk. Lay, come on in here, sweets.”

I groaned, and shook my head, walking into the foyer. I stood there and tapped my Converse clad foot on the tile. “You rang?”

“Hey beautiful.” He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. “You ready to fly?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be. Al said we’re flying on a private jet?” I asked, hoping I heard him right.

“Yes, so that means you won’t have to sit beside crying kids and smelly men.” Brian said with a smile. I furrowed my eyebrows and started laughing.

“So you’re not sitting beside me?” I asked, making him and Marcus laugh.

“You’re toast.” He said, barricading me in his arms. His fingers danced over my sides, I thrashed out, getting out of his grasp. I ran upstairs and into AJ’s room, instantly sliding under his bed.

“Wha—“ AJ started, but I shh’d him.

“I called Brian smelly and now he’s trying to get me.” I whispered, laying long ways with the width of the headboard of AJ’s king size bed. I watched as the door opened, and Brian walk in.

“What can I help you with Rok?” AJ asked, as I stretched out, climbing up backwards with the post to hide in the box spring. Once I was in there, I knew the only thing I had to do was keep quiety.

“I need your woman. She insinuated I was smelly.” He said, making me giggle lightly. “I know she’s in here.”

“You can look around if you want to, man.” AJ said, “I’ll help you.”

“Okay great, thanks J.” Brian said, padding around the room. He opened the closet door and proceeded to look through the closet. “She’s not here.”

“I’ll check under the bed.” AJ said, as Brian walked to the bathroom, checking everywhere, even the sink cabinets, linen closet, and shower. “Mada where are you?” AJ whispered, the only thing I could do was laugh. “Holy fuck babe!” He exclaimed, jumping up slightly and hitting his head on the bed rail.

“What J?” Brian asked, almost out of breath. “Have you found her?”

“No, she was under the bed and then disappeared. Holy shit.” AJ said, rubbing his head.

“She’s a freaking ninja.” Brian exclaimed, laying on the floor and crawling under the bed to make sure I wasn’t under there. “J what’s behind those boxes?”

“I don’t know why?” AJ asked, as Brian started crawling towards the top of the bed below where I was. I watched as he looked behind the boxes, but finding nothing. He sighed, dropping his head.

I let out a ear splitting scream, he looked above in horror and yelled as I dropped out of the box-spring, I laid there with tears pouring down my cheeks as I watched him crawl quickly from under the bed. AJ was in a fit of giggles, and somehow managed to record the whole thing. I couldn’t have done it. I slowly crawled from under the bed and saw Brian sitting against the wall, breathing heavily.

“Bri, you okay?” I asked, as he looked over at me and shook his head. “I didn’t mean to scare you that bad.”

“I- I—I’m okay.” He breathed out, looking at me, “You’re good Lay. Payback will be hell.”

“Okay Bri.” I said, crawling over to him and hugging him tightly. I kissed his cheek and grabbed his hand as I laid my head on his shoulder. “You’re not smelly, I promise.”

He chuckled and nodded, “I know. That was good though, I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest.”

“I’m sorry, are you okay?” I asked, looking at him. He smiled and nodded.

“I am. We need to get ready to leave. I love you Lay.”

“I love you Bri.” I replied, as he stood up, then helped me up. He hugged me once again before he walked out of AJ’s room. I turned to AJ with eyes widened, he called me over to him. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

We finished packing, and took our things down to the Denali. Nick, Howie, Kevin, Brian loaded their things along with Kris and Leigh’s things. The guys, girls and I parted ways with Lauren, and we made our way to LAX, which we ended up parting ways with Kris and Leigh.

Soon enough, we were on our flight to Boston. AJ, Brian and I sat on the couch, I laid and rested my head in AJ’s lap, giving Brian my feet. I sighed listening to Marcus, Nick, AJ, and Brian talk to one another. Howie and Kevin eventually joined in, sitting beside Marcus, Nick. The whole flight was basically me being serenaded by them, which made the flight worthwhile.