- Text Size +
“Kyle” Damien said in a sing-song voice his gun drawn out in front of him.

Kyle looked at Adam, who looked at him fearfully and shook his head in a negative gesture.

"I said get up Richardson! now!" Damien yelled putting his finger on the trigger.

Kyle scrambled to his feet and stood up from the floor “Damien…what are you doing?” Kyle asked.

“Congratulating the MVP, what else?” Damien asked.

"Damien...just take it easy alright? Now I know you're angry but...you're taking this way too far...just put the gun down okay? we can settle this without violence" Kyle said raising his hands in the air.

"Oh shut up!" Damien yelled at him "Just do what I say and no one will get hurt, got it?" Damien said opening the door.

"Fine" Kyle said nodding.

"Come on" he said nodding towards the door "We're going for a walk" Kyle stood still, looking down at Adam on the floor, Kyle began to move towards the door.

"Kyle don't do this" Adam said to him.

"Adam..." Kyle said to him.

"Oh I'm sorry McLean, did you want to join us?" Damien asked.

"No!" Kyle said to Damien “No you don't need Adam, just me" Kyle said to him "Adam just be quiet and get back under the desk" Kyle said to him.

“Oh come on Kyle, the more the merrier right? Let’s go” Damien said nodding towards Adam, Kyle looked at him with fear in his eyes, shaking his head trying to warn him away. “I said move! Now!” Damien barked "Have a nice day everyone" Damien said as he pushed them from the room before slamming the door shut behind him.


~*~



The guys sat in another green room as women moved around them, applying a light layer of makeup.

“Bad news guys” Jen said coming into the room “Interview’s been cancelled” she said.

“Thought you said you had bad news?” AJ asked.

“What happened?” Howie asked her.

"The station is turning over any and all airtime for a breaking news story, There's been a shooting at a high school here in LA” she said.

They shared glances of concern “What high school?” Brian asked.

“Didn’t say, details are still being leaked in" she said as she looked at their faces “Oh don’t worry I’m sure it’s not the boys’ school” she said trying to appease them.“Besides if anything was wrong I’m sure they’d call you…wouldn’t they?” she asked.


~*~



Bradley's face twisted in pain, he groaned in agony.

"I know, I know I'm so sorry" Natalie said to him.

"We have to give him something for the pain" Neilson said to her "What do you have in your purse?" he asked “You always have stuff in there."

"Yeah I have Midol" she said to him.

"Give it to him!" Neilson said.

"I'm not giving him Midol for a gunshot wound!" she yelled at him.

"Well we need to do something! We have got to get him out of here" Neilson said to Natalie.

"What can we do? Damien is out there with a gun, all we can do is wait for the cops" she said.

"We can't wait Nat, he'll bleed out!" Neilson yelled at her.

"We won't let that happen!" she said angrily.

"Ugh you guys" Bradley groaned "Come on, I'm trying to die over here" he said.

"Stop it alright, you're not going to die!" Neilson said to him.

"Could be worst you know" Bradley said to him.

"I don't see how that's possible" Neilson said.

"It could've hit you" Bradley said as Neilson looked at him.


~*~



The sound of sirens filled the air, police cars came speeding towards the school coming to an abrupt halt, their lights flashing brightly. Police cars whizzed past Sasha's shop, sirens blaring and lights flashing, she stood in the doorway looking outside as people stood on the streets to watch.

"What is going on out there I haven't seen so many police cars in one day" Sasha said to her assistant.

"Starbucks having a donut sale or something?" Calista asked, Sasha laughed. "Well I'm going to pick up some lunch, want anything?"

"Just the usual" Sasha said to her.

"Chicken Caesar salad dressing on the side" Calista said.

"That'll do" Sasha said to her.

"I'll be right back" Calista said grabbing her purse and leaving the store.

The cars reached the school, swarming around it as news vans pulled up right behind them.


~*~



“What do we got?” Vicki asked putting a pair of gloves on, the paramedics wheeling coach Reinhart into the emergency room entrance.

“Male mid 50’s, Gunshot wound to the right chest, no sign of internal injury” he said as they wheeled him into a cubicle and hooked him up to the proper equipment.

“Vitals?” she asked taking her stethoscope from around her neck.

“Blood pressure is one twenty over eighty-nine, pulse is spiking”.

Coach Reinhart lied on the gurney as Vicki checked him out.

“Don't worry you're going to be just fine” she said to him as she removed the gauze that covered his gunshot wound. “Can you tell me what happened?” she asked as they removed the oxygen mask.

“I was in my office...the door flew open...” he tried to say as the hospital staff hooked him up to the necessary equipment “And there he was with a gun” he said before passing out.

"Get an OR on standby" she said to a nurse.

"Yes doctor" he said to her.


~*~



"What the hell were you thinking?" Kyle asked in a harsh whisper, Damien forcing both him and Adam down the hallway.

"I wasn't going to let you go alone" Adam said to him.

"I'm sorry is this a private conversation or can anyone join in?" Damien asked them.

"Both of you shut up and just keep moving" he said to them.

A crowd began to surround the school, people, reporters, cops, everyone stopping to observe the madness that was unfolding before their eyes.

"Sir, I need you to step back" a uniformed officer said to Mr. Wexler pushing him behind a police barricade.

"I Just want to make sure everyone's gotten out safely" he said to the officer.

"Sir don't worry we're doing everything we can" the officer said.

"Excuse me? Can I help you?" a man asked coming towards Mr. Wexler.

"Yes hi, I'm George Wexler, I'm the principal here" he said.

"Captain Charles Swan" he said extending his hand for Mr. Wexler to shake. "I've got the building surrounded, I've got people on the roof, we should be able to clear this up in no time, do you know who the shooter is or could be?" he asked.

“I’m not a hundred percent sure but…I suspect it’s a student named Damien Winchester, I suspended him earlier this afternoon".

"Is he considered dangerous?" Captain Swan asked pulling out a small pad and pen.

"At most Damien is considered cocky, arrogant and entitled...I never thought him to be potentially violent until earlier today" Mr. Wexler said to Captain Swan.

"How so?" Captain Swan asked.

"Damien had an altercation with another student in the cafeteria" Principal Wexler said.

"Was there any violence involved?"

"No just an empty threat.”

"He threatened the student?"

"Yes."

"Okay who is this student that was threatened?"

"Kyle Richardson" Mr. Wexler said to him.

"I need to talk to Kyle Richardson as soon as possible, do you know where I can find him?"

"Not in this mess" Mr. Wexler said to him.

“okay in here, go” Damien said pushing Adam and Kyle into an empty classroom.

"Damien..." Kyle said.

"Shut up! Both of you! No one talks in here but me got it?!" he yelled at them.

"Fine" Kyle said to him.

"Okay" Adam said.


~*~



Kellie laughed as she and Melissa sat in her office.

"Kel" a man said coming into her office.

"Hey Toby" she said to him.

“Sorry to interrupt but you got to see this" he said to her.

"See what?" she asked.

"There's been a shooting" he said as she and Melissa left her office they followed him from the room and into the break room where her colleagues sat around the TV watching intently.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"There's a shooting at a high school" a woman said to her.

“Kel" Melissa said to her "That's Hilridge" Melissa said as an aerial shot of the school appeared on the TV.

"Are you sure?" Kellie asked.

"Positive" she said to her as they ran from the break room and back to her office.


~*~


The guys hung out in the green room of the television studio, waiting for their car to arrive.

Brian pressed his phone to his ear “Hey it’s Bradley, leave a message, later” Bradley’s voice said on his voicemail “Straight to voicemail” he said.

"Neilson's not picking up either" Nick said tapping on his phone screen.

"Neither is Harry" he said "Are we overreacting here?" he asked “I think we just need to relax alright? The boys are fine, they go to a good school, stuff like this doesn’t happen there, remember?” he asked.

AJ wandered from the dressing room, seeing a group of people congregated around the monitors, he stood in back and watched with them. "So, what's going on?" he asked a guy.

"School shooting" the guy said not even glancing at him, different shots of the school flashed on the screen, he looked at them closely, making his way through the group to get closer to the TV.

~*~


"Anything?" Kellie asked Melissa as they paced Kellie's office with their cellphones tightly pressed to their ears.

"Nothing, you?" Melissa asked.

"He's not picking up" Kellie said.

"Well well, we're certainly popular today" Damien said as Kyle and Adam's phones continued to ring Damien reached his hand out and snapped his fingers "Hand 'em over" he said to him as Kyle reached into his pocket and pulled his phone out "Now!" Damien barked as Kyle reluctantly handed it to him. "You too McLean" Damien said to Adam, holding his hand out, he looked at Kyle. "Now! Come on I don't have all day here!" Damien said to him as he pulled it from his pocket and looked at it "It's either the phone or Kyle, take your pick" Damien said shoving the gun's barrel into Kyle's chest, Adam immediately handed it to Damien. “Well what do we have here 'mom' your mommy calls you during school?” Damien asked. He pushed on the screen and answered the call “Well hello, the lovely Miss Mitchell, how are you?” he asked.

“Who's this?” she asked nervously.

“Damien Winchester, I'm surprised you didn't recognize my voice”

“Where's Kyle?" she asked

“Well Kyle's a bit busy at the moment, but uh I'll have him call you, bye now” he said hanging up “Too bad you won't get to though” Damien said throwing the phone to the ground and pointing his gun at it and firing.

"What happened?" Melissa asked her "Who answered Kyle's phone?" Melissa asked "Kel, who was it?" Melissa asked her "Damien Winchester" she said fearfully.