- Text Size +
Damien lied back on the cot in his cell, he stared up at the chipped paint falling from the ceiling.

"Winchester, you got a visitor" the guard said unlocking the cell door, they cuffed him and lead him towards a room.

The door opened and he saw Derek standing there leaning against a metal table.

"Hello son" Derek said happily.

“You got to be kidding me” Damien said to himself “Dad…what are you doing here?” he asked.

“Is that anyway to greet your father? Come here! Give me a hug” he said pulling Damien close to him, Damien’s brow furrowing in confusion.

He finally let him go and Damien looked at him mystified “Because that wasn’t creepy or anything” he said as they sat down across from each other at a metal table.

"How've you been son?" Derek asked.

"Oh just great...yeah…aside from the bars, the handcuffs and lack of freedom, I’m having the time of my life” Damien said to him "What do you want dad?"

"You're my son, I love you, I want to see if you're okay."

"Or mom reamed you out for not coming and made you sleep in the guest room until you did" Damien said to him.

"Have you always been this cynical?" Derek asked him.

"Well what do you expect after years of harsh criticism and neglect?" Damien asked.

"You know at some point in your life you're going to have to stop blaming me for your problems" Derek said harshly.

"What are you doing here? Why this sudden burst of fatherly pride?" Damien asked.

"I have a uh...gift for you" he said pulling his phone from his pocket "As you know, I've been making plans to for a new WinCo terrace."

“Wow, great gift, really I’m touched” Damien said to him.

“Trust me, you’ll thank me when you see this” Derek said lying the phone on the table in front of him and pushed play.

"In the entertainment world, the sons of the Backstreet Boys are in the news once again, not even two months after the very publicized hostage crisis and shooting at Hilridge High School, the five teen sons of the pop super group are missing." Neilson Carter, Harry Dorough, Bradley J. Littrell, Adam McLean and Kyle Richardson were reported missing by Brian Littrell who arrived home after a group recording session in Tampa, Florida".

"Littrell notified police when the boys did not return home the next morning, police have started a city wide search of the Los Angeles area, including the boys' hometown of Hilridge, a wealthy suburb not far from the Hollywood Hills". "Kevin Richardson who is no longer with the group, was in Boston at the time and returned to Los Angeles yesterday morning." "at this time the guys are requesting privacy and urge anyone with any information to call the Hilridge Police Department or the LAPD, we are sending the guys all our support in bringing their boys home safely".


The video stopped and Damien shrugged "Okay and?" he asked "You're welcome" Derek said to him.

“For what?” he asked Damien then noticed Derek's expression, slowly coming to a shocking conclusion "...Did you…?" Damien asked, Derek smiled at him, shoving his phone back into his breast pocket.

They sat in silence as Damien processed the news his father had just shared with him "Is this a comfortable enough silence for you?" Derek asked.

"What the hell did you do?!" Damien asked looking around.

“Just what needed to be done, you can thank me anytime here” Derek said to him.

"Okay...walk me through this...how? Why?" Damien asked.

"I have the necessary resources and the money to make it happen so I did” Derek said smugly "believe it or not Damien, I do love you, and I did this just to prove to you how far I will go for you" Damien looked at him with a look of shock, horror and confusion.

"And THIS was the best thing you could come up with?!" he asked in disbelief "I don't even know what to...you did this for me?"

"Yes" Derek said.

"You did this to prove that you loved me?" Damien asked.

"Yes!" Derek said.

"You know dad; most fathers prove their love to their sons by NOT kidnapping people!" Damien yelled at him.

"Keep your voice down!" Derek said to him in a harsh whisper.

"Are they still alive?" Damien asked.

“What?” Derek asked,.

"Are they still alive?!" Damien asked.

"Yes, for now they are still breathing" Derek said to him.

"Great, let them go" Damien said.

Derek began laughing "Have you lost what's rest of your mind?"

"No but obviously you have!" Damien said to him.

"Why the concern suddenly?" Derek asked him confused.

"Look as much I hate all of them, and believe me I do, especially Richardson...I wouldn't wish anyone at your mercy". "You say you love me, prove it, do the right thing for once.”

“Do you have any idea how much work I’ve put into this project?” Derek asked.

"A project you call it" Damien said in disbelief.

"Well yes I..." Derek said.

"I don't want details! Look, I'm begging you just let them go" Damien said to him.

“And if I don’t?” Derek asked menacingly.

“I call the police myself and tell them where to find them and who's behind all this" Damien said.

"You'd turn in your own father?"

"In a heartbeat."

“Really? You think people are going to take the word of a mentally disturbed teenager over a wealthy, well respected member of the community?"."Do it and nothing will stop me from dragging you down with me, I'll tell the police you were in on it, infect, maybe it was even your idea."

"You have no proof" Damien said to him.

"You want to find out what happens, go ahead" Derek said sinisterly.

“Good seeing you again son” he said as he left the room.


~*~



Nick sat on Sasha’s couch, flipping hastily through a magazine, he threw it back on the coffee table and checked his watch. “Sash are you almost ready?” he yelled to her.

“Almost!” she said, he got off the couch and walked down the hallway.

He spied a door slightly ajar and pushed it open, revealing Neilson’s bedroom, he flipped the lights on and walked inside. He looked around the room before taking a seat at the edge of the bed, Sasha walked down the hall, rolling a suitcase behind her.

“Hey, what are you doing in here?” she asked, he shrugged.

“Just looking around, you know Neilson always said he had a room here but…I never knew what it looked like until now” he said. “It’s clean” he said in surprise, she giggled

“Yeah well, I always make sure to come in and straighten up after he’s been here” she said sitting next to him on the bed.

“I know nothing about our son” he said sadly “I used to...he’s a complete mystery to me anymore” he said.

“I think all teenagers are mysteries to their parents” Sasha said “It’s up to us as parents to figure them out” she said.

“Well face it, there’s only one other person on this planet besides Neilson who knows him better than both of us combined” he said “Bradley” they both replied.

"The last time I talked to Neilson I was trying my best to convince him to let me bring dinner over for him and the boys" she said. “He said ‘no that’s okay mom, Bradley and I are going to the movies’” she said sadly. “Maybe if I had gone…I could’ve noticed something was wrong or…I could’ve done something and all of this would’ve never happened” she said tearfully. "I just keep thinking of Bradley's shirt covered in blood”.

"I know, it's disgusting" Nick said to her.

"What if we get something like that only it's not a piece of clothing it's a finger or something" she said horrified

"Okay okay, calm down" he said to her "Shhh..." he said as she took a deep breath. "Come on" he said wiping her tears away "We're going to find him."

"I just hope we're not too late" she said as he held her tightly.

“Everything’s going to be just fine, okay?” he asked hugging her “Come on, I’ll get your bag” he said standing up.

“No it’s okay, I’ve got it” she said.

“No it’s alright, I can do it” he said to her.

“Okay…there are two more on my bed” she said rolling the suitcase away, he looked at her in disbelief.


~*~



Damien returned to his cell, he sat pensively on his cot, the conversation with his father still fresh in his mind.

"Do it and nothing will stop me from dragging you down with me, I'll tell the police you were in on it, infect, maybe it was even your idea."

"You have no proof" Damien said to him.

"You want to find out what happens, go ahead".


He sighed deeply "Nice place you got here" he heard, his head shooting up to see Kyle standing in a corner of the cell.

"Richardson?" Damien asked "You're not really here" Damien said.

"Wow...I guess it is true...being alone in an enclosed space for hours does make you go insane" Kyle said.

"What is this, why am I seeing you?" Damien asked covering his eyes

"I'm in your head...and you know what you have to do to get rid of me" Kyle said sitting on his cot "Because if you don't...I'm just going to keep coming back...oh and not just me" Kyle said to him.

"No... no..." Damien said leaning up against the wall for protection.

Kyle suddenly appearing next to him "And trust me, I've lived with 'em for years...can you imagine...all day long hearing Harry's ramblings about his scientific discoveries? Adam's constant complaining...Bradley and Neilson's stupid best friend jokes that no one gets but them?" he asked "no..." Damien said covering his ears and cowering to the floor. He clenched his eyes shut before opening them and seeing the cell empty. He brought his knees closer to him, wrapping his arms around them, looking around in fear.