- Text Size +
“Winchester buried him?” Vicki asked as she sat by Bradley’s bedside.

“Yeah” Brian said, she nodded.

“Where is that bastard now?” she asked angrily as tears began to trickle down her cheeks.

“He was holding Kyle at gunpoint, Kyle was able to get the gun and take a shot at him” he said.

“Yeah? Good” she said.

The door to the room opened and another doctor entered the room “Dr. McAdams, Mr. Littrell” he said addressing them.

“Hi Johnathan…so?” Vicki asked.

"I checked his test results, they line up with that of the other boys, they were each drugged prior to being buried" the doctor said to them.

"Do you know what was given to them?" Vicki asked.

"Sodium thiopental" the doctor said to her.

"Oh god" Vicki said sadly, Brian looked to her for an explanation "At one time it was one of the drugs used in lethal injection" she said to him.

"We're going to administer a course of Narcan...it's a drug specialized in reversing the effects of an overdose, which this obviously was" the doctor said looking at Bradley's chart.

"Will that help him wake up?" Brian asked.

"With the amount that was given to him, he may need more than one shot" the doctor said.

"So when will he wake up?" Brian asked.

"We're not sure, Bradley could be out for mere hours or it could be days, we're going to do everything we can, but he's young and he's strong, I see no reason he wouldn't pull through this" he said to them. “Pupils are equal and reactive" he said as he looked into Bradley’s eyes with a penlight.

"What about his arm?" Vicki asked.

"I see no outward sign of infection, blood work came back clean for any bacterial infection, I still want to issue some antibiotics just to keep it from getting infected and of course correct the amateur stitch job that was done" he said to them.

"My sweet little boy, what have they done to you?" Vicki asked.

“Doctor McAdams?” another doctor asked as he peeked inside the room “A word?” he asked, she looked at him irritated.

“I’ll be right back” she said to Brian, he nodded “I know I have patients I just needed to make sure my son was okay…” she said.

“Vicki as of right now you are on paid leave” he said.

“What?” she asked.

“Right now your main concern needs to be your son, you’re no good to your patients if you’re not focused” he said to her.

“Oh uh…thanks” she said.

He nodded “If there’s anything anyone here can do just let us know…I sincerely hope Bradley’s going to be okay” he said.

“Thank you” she said to him.

“Dr. McAdams? I’m ready to administer the Narcan to your son” a nurse said to her.

“Oh” Vicki said as they went back into the room.

"Ah Stacy" he said ushering her inside, rubber gloves covered her hands as she held a syringe. “If this works, Bradley should be awake in no time” the doctor said to them.

Other nurses also injected the drug into the IV bags of Neilson, Harry and Adam.


~*~



Kyle lied in his bed and stared at the TV, he lied there flipping quickly through the channels.

Dean approached the open door and knocked on the glass window “Kyle?” he asked.

“Oh hey” Kyle said.

“You probably don’t remember me; I'm Detective Stone I oversaw your case" he said.

“Yeah I remember, you went out with my mom once too” Kyle said.

“Right” Dean said “How you doing?" he asked.

"Still freaked out" Kyle said sitting up.

"Understandable you've been through a lot" Dean said to him.

“Not just that…look my parents aren’t really telling me anything because they don’t want me upset or something…what happened to my friends?” Kyle asked.

Dean took a breath “Kyle I’m afraid I’m going to have to agree with your parents” Dean said.

“No, come on, tell me alright, I need to know” he said.

Dean shut the door and sat on the foot of the bed.
“Your friends were given a dose of sodium thiopental” he said.

“Yeah he told me that part” Kyle said.

“It is a very deadly substance and at one point was used in the lethal injection process…anyways, I have no idea what his thought process was here but he eventually decided burying them alive was a good choice” Dean said.

“Sadistic bastard” Kyle said to himself.

“Hey, Derek Winchester and his family are never going to bother you again" Dean said.

"Is he dead?" Kyle asked.

"No, from what I hear he came through surgery just fine” Dean said.

"So what's going to happen?" Kyle asked.

“Well…I guess we’ll just have to wait and see” Dean said to him.

“This guy’s pretty powerful it wouldn’t surprise me if he was able to get away with all this” Kyle said.

“Hey, I am going to do my best to make sure that does not happen” Dean said to him.

“Dean” Kellie said as she opened the door to Kyle’s room.

“Oh Kel, hey” he said standing up “I was just filling Kyle in on Derek Winchester’s condition” he said.

"Yeah, thanks detective" Kyle said shaking his hand, he and Kellie moved into the hallway, she pulled the door closed behind her.

"Dean I want to thank you so much" she said.

"Wasn't all me, you guys did a lot too, never would’ve gotten him if you didn’t convince Daphne to wear a wire” Dean said to her.

“How is she?” Kellie asked.

“The doctors say she’ll be just fine” Dean said.

“Oh good” Kellie said to him.

“You know it was great seeing you these past few days" Dean said to her.

"Yeah it was" she said to him.

"I don't know about you but I'd love it if we could have dinner some night soon" he said to her.

"Oh wow" she said.

"Detective Stone” Kevin said approaching Kellie’s side.

“Hey” Dean said to him.

“I was just thanking Dean for all the work he did” Kellie said to him.

“Yes, thank you, so much, I wish there was some way to repay you” Kevin said shaking his hand.

“It was no problem, like I told Kel, I had some major help” Dean said to him.

Kevin smiled and went into the room.

“So? Dinner?” Dean asked hopefully.

"Dean that's really sweet of you to ask but I'm going to have to pass" she said looking into the room and watching Kevin with Kyle.

"I know, it's okay, I'll see you around?" he asked.

"Sure" she said to him.


~*~



Christina sat near Harry’s hospital bed holding his hand and pushing his hair from his face.

“He wake up yet?” Howie asked coming into the room.

“Not yet…but the doctor did say that the one shot might not have been enough to reverse the overdose and even if it was, he might not wake up right away” she said. “It’s okay though, he’s been through a lot he needs his rest” she said “So? You never told me what exactly happened, where’d you find him?” she asked, Howie looked at her warily.

“Doesn’t matter” he said shaking his head “What’s important is that he’s back and he’s going to be okay” he said, she looked at him curiously before looking back at Harry.


~*~



“So my boss just told me that as of right now I’m on paid leave” Vicki said to Brian.

“Oh” Brian said.

“Yeah so I’m going to go and get changed, stop by my office quick and I’ll be right back” she said.

“Hey” he said pulling her back “He’s going to be okay” he said kissing her forehead, she nodded sadly and then left the room.


~*~



Kellie stood outside a hospital room, raising her fist to knock on the door.

“Come in” a voice said from inside.

She nervously opened the door and stepped inside coming face to face with Daphne.

“Kellie” she said upon seeing her.

“I know I’m probably about the last person you want to see right now” she said.

“No, it’s okay” Daphne said to her.

“I am so sorry” Kellie said sadly “I never wanted you to get hurt” she said.

“I know” Daphne said “It’s okay” she said.

“How can you say that? If I didn’t convince you to wear that wire…this never would’ve happened to you” Kellie said tearfully.

“Kellie if anything I’m the one who should be apologizing to you…this was all happening right under my nose and I was too blind to see it” Daphne said.
“The man I thought I knew better than anyone and loved more than anything hurt me in the worst way imaginable” Daphne said.

“I’m so sorry this happened to you” Kellie said.

“Don’t be…it was worth it…Derek would have killed your boys…I’m just glad I could help” she said smiling,
Kellie smiled back.


~*~



“You found him in grave?!” Sasha asked.

“Yeah” Nick said as they stood by Neilson’s hospital bed when there was a knock at the door, he opened to see Natalie.

“Neilson” she said rushing to his side “Oh my god” she said looking at him “What happened to him?” she asked.

“He’s been drugged” Nick said to her.

“And apparently buried alive” Sasha said.

“What?!” Natalie asked "Do they know when he'll wake up?" she asked.

"No, we just have to wait and see" Nick said to her.

“Where is this Winchester bastard now?” Sasha asked him.

“I don’t know surgery I guess” he said, she scoffed and left the room.

“Sasha, where are you going?” he asked following her.

“I’m going to find out where this guy is and then I’m going to the drug closet, getting a vial of whatever it is he pumped into our son and filling his IV with it” she said angrily.

“Are you crazy?!” he said pulling her back “You can’t do that! You’ll kill him!” he said.

“For the love of god Nick, look at our son!” she said gesturing towards the window. “It is the summer before his senior year of high school, he should be out somewhere with Bradley and Natalie having fun and instead he’s…” she said getting choked up. “He’s lying in a hospital bed fighting for his life and we have no idea if he’s going to live or die” she said as he pulled her into him and held her tightly.

“You can’t even imagine how much I’ve missed you these past few days” Natalie said to Neilson “Even if you’re not awake, it’s still nice to see your face” she said softly. “I need you to come back to me okay?” she asked holding his hand, she leaned in to softly kiss his cheek.

“Not that I wouldn’t enjoy that guy enduring a slow painful death…” Nick said, still holding Sasha “You’re not really cut out for prison” he said, she smiled.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right” she said chuckling, wiping tears from her face.

“Besides…I want a couple shots at him first” he said winking at her, the door opened and Natalie came out.

“Nat, you okay?” Sasha asked her.

“Yeah I uh…I just need some air” she said quickly running away, they looked at her sadly.


~*~



Melissa stood outside Adam’s room watching the nurses tend to him, he approached her from behind.

“Everything okay?” AJ asked.

“Yeah, they’re just giving him another shot, checking him out” she said “You talk to your mom?” she asked.

“Yeah, she’s getting the first flight here” he said to her “What about you?” she asked.

“Zoey called, she’s pretty upset” she said to him, he nodded “She asked about Kyle too” she said.

“Hmm” he said.

“She seemed pretty relieved to know that he was okay” she said.

“That’s’ interesting” he said suspiciously.

~*~


Kyle lied in his bed as a nurse wrote something in his chart “Hey, can you tell me if my friends are awake yet? Or how they’re doing?” he asked her.

“No change” she said shaking her head.

“Thanks” he said as she left the room.

“Hey” Kevin said coming into the room “So unfortunately your phone is still in police custody” he said “But I found your old iPod” he said handing it to him.

“Thanks” Kyle said.

“I brought you a change of clothes too” he said holding up a duffel bag.

Kyle nodded “Have you heard anything?” he asked.

“Not yet, sorry” Kevin said “The doctors gave them some sort of shot to reverse the overdose…it’s just a matter of time” he said sitting on the foot of the bed.

“Mind helping me get dressed?” Kyle asked him.

“No, not at all” Kevin said.


~*~



Vicki returned to her office, she set a duffel bag on a small couch and reached across the desk for her purse sitting in the desk chair. She spotted Bradley’s picture on her desk, she looked at it sadly, picking it up, running her fingers over the glass, she clinched her eyes tightly, tears squeezing out and trickling down her cheeks. She fell to a crouching position, clutching the picture to her chest as she began to sob helplessly.

“Vick…” Brian said opening the door to her office. He looked at her sadly and crouched down next to her, pulling her into him and holding her tightly. “He’s going to be okay” he said softly kissing her head.

“We can’t lose him Brian, we just can’t” she sobbed as she hugged him tightly.


~*~



Kellie opened the door to Kyle’s room, spotting Kevin in a chair next to an empty hospital bed “Where’s Kyle?” she asked.

“He wanted some fresh air” he said flipping through a magazine.

“Kev, he cannot just be walking around he’s been through a traumatic experience, he needs time to heal” she said.

“Kel, he’s been cooped up for days now, he’ll be fine, I checked with the nurse, she said it was okay” he said to her.

“Well where’d he go?” she asked.