- Text Size +
Daphne sat in the living room, a lone lamp casting a dull light into the room, Derek passed by the doorway, seeing her sitting in an armchair, her arms crossed against her chest, she looked at him in disdain.

“Well hello there dear” he said coming into the room, loosening the knot in his tie, he approached the chair and leaned in for a kiss, she pulled away from him “Something wrong?” he asked noticing her demeanor.

“I went to see Damien today” she said.

“Oh...okay…something happen while you were there?” he asked picking up a decanter and pouring himself a drink.

“You have not been to see him once since he’s been there” she said angrily.

Derek sighed deeply “Look we’ve talked about this alright? I can’t see him like that it’s too upsetting” he said taking a drink.

“It’s upsetting for me too but at least I’m making an effort” she said “Even Darren has been to see him but not you…it’s upsetting to Damien that you won’t see him” she said as he took another drink.

“Fine…I will go see him, I promise” he said gently grasping her arms, she glared at him before breaking away from his embrace and leaving the room.


~*~



"Cap?" Dean asked going into the captain’s office.

"Dean, come on in here" Captain Swan said ushering him inside.

"What's going on?" Dean asked closing the door.

"We just got a call about a missing person case."

"Okay..." Dean said as the door opened.

Another detective came in "Sorry sir" he said timidly.

"Manning" the captain said to him.

"Alright Cap what’s the big emergency?” Dean asked him.

“We just got handed a very high profile missing persons case.”

"How high profile?" Dean asked.

"Just trust me, it's big" the captain said to them “I don't want any information leaking to the media, no press no paparazzi we clear on this?" the captain asked.

"Yes sir" Dean said.

“Absolutely” Sam said to him.

“Okay...back in the late 90’s the Backstreet Boys were one of the biggest acts in music, to this day they are still the best selling boy-band” Captain Swan said to them.

"The Backstreet Boys are missing?" he asked Sam asked sitting down in front of the desk.

"No...their kids.”

"They have kids?!" Sam asked, Dean and Captain Swan looked at him irritated "Sorry...you were saying?"

"Neilson Carter, Harry Dorough, Bradley Littrell, Adam McLean and Kyle Richardson" the captain said throwing their pictures down on to his desk.

"I remember these kids, they were involved in a school shooting a few months ago, I took one of their statements afterwards" Dean said to him.

"Oh yeah...that's right" Sam "What happened again?" Sam asked.

"Kyle Richardson and Damien Winchester were on the varsity football team together, supposedly they were rivals" he said.

"Who's this Damien kid?" Manning asked him.

"Damien Winchester, his father is Derek Winchester owner of WinCo, one of the most successful corporate businesses around".

"I'm finding it difficult to believe that a corporate raider and one of the biggest boy-bands ever would all send their kids to a public high school much less the same one" Manning said.

"Trust me, you're not the only one, Damien took Kyle Richardson and Adam McLean hostage, and shot both Bradley Littrell and Harry Dorough."

"What did these kids bully him or something?" Sam asked.

"Other way around" the Captain said to him.

"Okay so, Richardson and Winchester are both nominated for this award, Richardson wins, Winchester snaps and goes on a rampage."

"Right."

"Over a trophy?" Manning asked.

"We've seen more bizarre reasons for people to go on shooting sprees" Dean said to him.

"I'll tell you one thing, the genetics with these kids are incredible, they're almost identical to their fathers" Manning said, they both looked at him "what? just something I noticed" he said to them.

"Anyways, Brian Littrell called and said he got home yesterday and his son along with the other boys were gone, no one's seen them, no one's heard from them”.

"Is it possible they just ran away?" Sam asked.

"All of them? At the same time?" Dean asked.

"Anyways just get over there, here's the address, and remember no press, no media nothing" Captain Swan warned them.

“You got it Captain, let’s go Manning” Dean said to Sam.

"I want it that way..." Sam sang as they left the room, Dean turned to glare at him "Sorry" he said.


~*~



Brian checked his watch “They should’ve been here by now” he said to Vicki, pacing the kitchen back and forth.

“I’m sure the police are on their way, here, drink this” Vicki said handing him a steaming mug.

“I don’t want that” he said.

“Just drink it okay? For me” she said.

He looked at her and then reluctantly took the mug “Thanks” he said.

The door opened and Melissa blew in "I just got your message, what is going on?" she asked taking her jacket off.

"The boys are gone" Brian said to her.

"Gone where?" Melissa asked.

"We don't know" Vicki said "No one's seen them, no one knows where they are."

"Oh god, did you call the police?" Melissa asked.

"On their way" Brian said.

"Where would they be? Where would they go?" Melissa asked.

"We don't know" Vicki said to her.

"They just wouldn't take off like this...would they?" she asked as they looked at each other worriedly.

The door opened and Kellie came in "Hey" she said to them "My son here?" she asked "What?" she asked noticing the distressed look on their faces.

"Kel, they're gone" Vicki said to her.

"What?" she asked.

"The boys, they're gone, we have no idea where they are, no one's seen them..." Brian said.

"All of them?" Kellie asked.

"All of them" Vicki said to her.

"I've been trying to call Kyle all day I just thought he was busy" Kellie said to them.

"Where's everyone at?!" Nick yelled from the living room.

"Good you guys made it" Brian said, they pitched their luggage to the floor.

"Anything?" Howie asked frantically.

"No, nothing, I called the cops said they'd be here right away" Brian said.

"This doesn't make any sense" AJ said.

"No I know it doesn't" the doorbell then rang "That's the police" Brian said stepping forward to open the door.

"Mr. Littrell?" Dean asked.

"Yeah" Brian said to him.

"Hi, Detective Dean Stone, my partner Detective Samuel Manning" Dean said introducing themselves.

"Hi" Brian said shaking their hands "Please come in".

"Nick Carter, Howie Dorough...AJ McLean" he said introducing the guys to the detectives.

"Dean?" Kellie asked.

"Kellie" he said seeing her.

"You know him?" Vicki asked.

"We went out a few times" she said to her.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Kyle Richardson is my son" she said to him.

"I knew I recognized him from somewhere."

"Most people think he's his father" Kellie said to him.

"Oh yeah, right" he said to her.

"Okay so, let's get down to business...if we can just get some information on your boys..." Sam said sitting down "When was the last time anyone's seen or talked to them?"

"I talked to Neilson yesterday at about two o'clock" Sasha said.

"And you are?" Sam asked.

"His mother, Sasha Miller" she said to him.

“We've been out of town, I got home around maybe five and the house was empty, Neilson's girlfriend came by around eight and told me that he and Bradley never showed up at the movie theater" Brian said to them.

"Neilson? How uh...how exactly do you spell that?" Sam asked.

"You want to take this one Sash?" Nick asked her.

She looked at him irritated "Really not the time" she said to him "N-e-I-l-s-o-n" Sasha said spelling it for him.

"And his girlfriend's name is?" Sam asked.

"Natalie" Sasha said to her.

"Natalie...Neilson and Natalie...cute" Sam said to them.

"Mr. Littrell did you notice anything out of the ordinary when you came home?" Dean asked.

"Well...the TV was on, one of the pictures here was broken on the floor, there was a pizza box left on the table and a giant puddle of water all over the floor...so no" Brian said to him. "well one thing that is definitely not right is that my son's car is still in the garage."

"And that's strange because...?" Sam asked.

"My son is obsessed with that car; he'd drive it to the mailbox if he could" he said to him.

"I've looked everywhere, nothing" Natalie said coming into the house "Oh, sorry" she said to them.

"Speak of the devil...uh detectives this is my son's girlfriend Natalie Cappel" Nick said to them.

"Hi" she said to them.

"Hi, so you're dating Neilson Carter?" Sam asked writing it down.

"And Bradley J. kind of" she said to them.

"...what does that mean?" Sam asked.

"I think she meant it as a joke" Dean said to him.

"Oh" Sam said.

"Natalie when was the last time you heard from Neilson or Bradley?" Dean asked her.

"Yesterday, we were all supposed to meet for a movie but when they didn't show up at the theater I came here looking for them".

"Do you remember what time it was when you spoke to them?" Dean asked.

"Oh" she said taking her phone out.

"Uh yesterday around two o'clock" she said handing him her phone.

"2:05 pm, write that down, okay we can probably establish a timeline with this, now would the neighbors have seen anything strange?" Dean asked.

"I don't see how, we're pretty secluded from everyone else" he said to him.

"Okay, let's check with the gate house, check security footage for cars coming in and out around that time" Dean said as Sam nodded and wrote everything down. "Okay I think we got enough information for now, we'll call and let you know of anything we find."

"Okay thank you" Brian said to them.

"We're going to do everything we can, we're combing the city, we're setting up roadblocks, if your boys are out there we'll find them". "Kel, look I know it may be hard to do but the best thing to do is wait, I'm going to do everything I can to find your son" Dean said to Kellie.

"Thank you" she said to him as he and Sam left the house.

"I should probably get home" Natalie said.

"Come on I'll give you a ride, don't need you going missing too" Vicki said to her.

"Thanks" she said "Will you call me if you hear anything?" she asked.

"Course" Nick said to her as she and Vicki left the house.


~*~



“How’s everything going over there?” Derek asked as he sat in his den, a drink in his hand.

“All’s good boss, just put the kiddies to bed for the night” a big burly man said as he talked to Derek on the phone.

“Good work, stand guard tonight, watch those little imbeciles like your life depended on it, especially Littrell…he gives you any problems Carter dies, got it?”

"Yes sir, if you don't mind me asking, what are you planning for these kids boss?" Dmitri asked.

"Oh don’t worry you’ll see soon…the fun’s just getting started, good night” he said smiling and hanging up the phone. “Damien, this is for you son” he said lifting his glass in the air and taking a drink.