- Text Size +
“Throw him in a room and make sure it’s secure, I don’t need him to escape like last time.” Sienna said once they were on their ship, watching Nick continue to struggle against the guards that pulled him along.


“This would go a lot easier if you didn’t fight us. She doesn’t want to hurt you.” one of them said in a low whisper. Nick looked at him strangely but continued to try and get free, grunting through gritted teeth.


“I...will...never…..go...with..her.”



“Suit yourself.” the guard shrugged as they tossed him inside a open doorway and locked it behind him. Nick screamed, pounding the door with his fists and crying. This couldn’t be happening, he was once again separated from Brian and he had no idea how to get back to him or where they were headed. He had a feeling that escaping this time would not be as easy as before because they knew it was possible.


The room was just like it was before, plain white walls, plain white floor and no windows with plain sheets and blankets on the small bed. it was very plain, no furniture at all but a chair and a bed. A bathroom was in the next doorway, with a shower, sink and toilet. Nick did not remember the room being so silent, the silence was almost deafening. He felt angry tears on his face as he threw himself on the bed, punching the pillow and cursing silently at the fact that he was taken away from Brian.



What was he going to do now?





“SON OF A FUCKING BITCH!!!” AJ shouted as he punched the wall once they got into the holding bay. Brian followed behind him and he was stunned to see nearly everything in the holding bay destroyed.


“She probably knew that we would try to follow her ship so she made sure we couldn’t get a chance.” Brian said dejectedly, sighing. He could feel the cold breath of anxiety wash over him as he looked up and saw Sienna’s ship exiting the holding bay.


“Well, she’s not that smart….we still have your ship you flew here in.” AJ winked with a sly grin. Brian smiled back and followed him to another part of the base, a garage hangar of sorts where the ship sat in wait, completely untouched. AJ and Brian looked at each other, their eyes twinkling.


“How did she not find this? She destroyed everything in the holding bay, this isn’t possible.” Brian said as they got some supplies together and prepared to depart the base. They packed some food rations and checked over the ship to make sure it could make the trip to Motrale, which was far away from the solar system.


“Let’s just say that I told her we destroyed your ship when you arrived. That was one of the first things she asked me and I am guessing is why she attacked the holding bay. She didn’t want us to have a backup plan in case she succeeded in taking Nick with her. I really am sorry for that, by the way. I was just trying to protect my people here. We lived a peaceful life on the Moon. Nobody bothered us, but Sienna would message us from time to time asking if we found any Healers. When I informed her that Nick was here she left Earth and came here at top speed.” AJ explained.


Brian nodded as AJ explained, his brain racing. Without Nick there to connect his powers to, he was lost. He could control his ability without him, that much was certain...but he knew it was a matter of time before he would get sick like before. It happened soon after Sienna took him last time. When they’d crashed during their escape from the island, Sienna found them and took Nick but there was something wrong.



“Don’t take him….I need him...he needs me...please…” Brian begged, watching them take Nick away from the burning wreckage that was once their ship. He blinked back tears and could feel himself still at a complete disconnect from Nick, the realization that he may be dead settling in.


“We have no use for you.” Sienna said, turning away again before Brian managed to make his way over and pulled her back.


“You know when he wakes up that he will not trust you. When he finds out what you did, that you left me to die he will not ever forgive you for it.” he muttered.


Sienna laughed, straight cackling.


“I’ll see to it he doesn’t remember any of this. Including you….” she replied with a sneer. Brian shook his head in disbelief, the tears steadily falling down his face and onto the sand.


“You are a monster.”


“You are afraid of being alone.” Sienna said, leaning into his face. Brian tried to read her but his mind was so foggy with anxiety and worry that he couldn’t get his powers to work long enough to think. His stomach was churning and he wanted to vomit.


“How do you know that?” he asked, his eyes narrowed. How did she know what he was thinking, and where they were all the time? How did she find them? None of it made any sense at all. Only Kevin knew their location on the island, which was in the middle of the Caribbean Sea, far away from the mainland. Nobody else lived there.


She smiled and stood up straight, thinking. It was very obvious that she was up to something.


“Take the Empath onto the ship.”



The soldiers advanced on Brian, who struggled to get free.


“STOP…..LET ME GO!!! WHERE DID YOU TAKE NICK?”


Sienna did not answer him, she walked onto the ship after leaving instructions to keep the Empath as far away from Nick as possible. She did not want them together again, because she knew if they were...she would be in danger. Nick’s power was not strong right now but she did not want him to have any opportunity to get stronger. All she needed was his healing abilities and for him to trust her. However, this was going to be difficult if he had knowledge of the accident. So for the next few weeks….she ordered her medical staff to wipe his memory clean. With no memory, Nick would surely help her and trust her. He would help save her people and her planet….and she could mold him into her son. An Empath and a Healer destined to be together as the prophecy predicted. Being a Empath, she knew Brian had hid Nick not because he wanted to protect him, but because he did not want to be alone. Loneliness was torture for the Empath. It suffocated him. This was the perfect revenge on Kevin Richardson and his family for lying to her. Holding his cousin and torturing him was a perfect plan. So she locked him away and they observed him every day, watching him in agony. Eventually the Empath stopped fighting and trying to break free. He eventually accepted his loneliness. Never questioned why he did not get sick, even though the Healer was nearby.



“Your Highness, we are prepared to exit the Solar System….permission to proceed?”



Sienna sat in her chair in front of the monitors and smiled, folding her hands under her chin. It was all coming together again and they’d be in Motrale in no time at all. She would once again put Nick in the coma and make him forget the Empath so he would trust her. It would take time but the task would be done.


“Yes, proceed immediately.”



The Empath would not get in the way this time.