- Text Size +
Tears soaked into her pillow as she lied face down on her bed, she grabbed a tissue and blew her nose.

The phone began to ring, she wiped her tears away and got up to answer it "Hello?" she asked picking it up.

"Chris?" Howie asked as he heard her voice.

"Hey" she said to him.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah" she said wiping her tears away from her face.

"You sound like you've been crying" he said in a concerned tone.

"no I uh...I'm probably getting a cold or something, it's nothing" she said.

"Oh" he said.

"What's up?" she asked.

"How would you like to go out for dinner?" he asked.

"Oh well thanks but I'm really not hungry right now" she said.

"Oh no I meant tomorrow night" he said to her.

"Oh okay, sure, where?" she asked.

"Its a suprise" he said to her.

"Okay, great, I'll talk to you later" she said.

"Okay bye" he said about to hang up.

"I love you" she said to him.

"I love you too" he said before hanging up.

She began to sob once more when Louise came in to her room "Honey I...what's wrong?" she asked.

"Oh uh...nothing" Christina said wiping the tears from her face.

"Nothing? You're crying" Louise said handing her a handful of tissues.

"I know I just...watching a really sad movie" Christina said.

"Chrissie...come on, tell me why you're upset" Louise said.

"I have to tell you something" Christina whimpered.

"Well you know you can tell me anything" Louise said pushing Christina's hair back.

"You'll hate me" Christina said sadly.

"Don't be silly, you're my daughter, I could never hate you, come on, what's wrong?" she asked.

Her door opened "Louise, your dad's on the phone" her dad, Drake, said to Louise.

"Tell him I'll call him later" Louise said.

"No, mom, go" Christina said.

"No you said you needed to talk, I can talk to your grandpa later" Louise said to her.

"No really mom I'm okay, I can figure it out" she said to her.

"You sure?" Louise asked.

"Yeah" Christina said nodding.

"Okay" she said kissing her forehead and getting up and leaving the room. CHristina picked up the phone and dialled.

"Hello?" Kellie asked as she answered the phone.

"I need help" Christina said to her.

"What's wrong?" Kellie asked as she flipped through the pages of a book.

"Howie wants to take me to dinner tomorrow night" Christina said.

"And?" Kellie asked confused.

"And I need you to help me pick out an outfit, what do you mean and?!" Christina asked irritated.

"Wow, someone's hormones are setting in awfully early" Kellie said to her.

"Sorry" Christina said to her.

"What's the problem? You can tell him then" Kellie said to her.

"Yeah sure, choke him to death that's great" Christina said.

"Chris, he has to know" Kellie said.

"How do I tell him?" Christina asked.

"Well first I would wait until there's no food in his mouth and then just do it" Kellie said to her.

"I don't know, I can't, I can't do it, it's going to go horribly wrong I know it" Christina said as she rambled on.

"You won't know unless you do it will you?" Kellie asked.

The next night she and Howie sat in a booth in the diner, Christina nervously chewed on her nails.

"You guys ready for dessert?" Vicki asked them.

"Sure" Howie said.

"None for me thanks" Christina said to her.

"Oh, you?" Vicki asked.

"Marla have any apple pie?" Howie asked.

"Just made one today" Vicki said to him.

"I'll definitely have some of that" he said.

"Want some ice cream on top?" Vicki asked.

"You even have to ask?" he asked as she went into the kitchen “Are you okay?” he asked Christina.

“Huh?” Christina asked nervously.

“Well I don't know, you've been acting a little weird tonight" he said.

“I just have a lot on my mind that's all” she said.

“Want to talk about it?” he asked.

“Okay here you are” Vicki said setting a plate with a slice on pie on it in front of him.

"Thanks Vicki" he said smiling.

"Sure" she said walking away.

He dug his fork into the slice when Christina held on to his wrist "Before you put that in your mouth I have to tell you something" she said.

"Okay" he said putting the fork down what's wrong?” he asked setting the fork on the plate.

She bit her lip as she looked at him sadly.

“You want to break up don't you?” he asked.

“What? No!” she said in disbelief.

“Oh...well then...what?” he asked.

“I uh...I...” she stammered.

“You...?” he asked confused.

“I'm pregnant” she said sadly.

His face dropped and his eyes went wide “Pregnant” he said.

“Yeah, I just found out yesterday" she said to him.

“Pregnant?” he asked once again.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“I think I'm going to be sick” he said leaving the table.


"What do you think of the name Kale?" Kellie asked Kevin as they talked on the phone, a book resting in her lap.

"I think its a vegetable" he said to her. The doorbell rang "Hey hold on, someone's at the door" he got up and answered the door.

"Hey" Howie said as he stood on the doorstep.

"Hey, you okay?" Kevin asked.

"Can I come in?" Howie asked.

"Yeah sure, hey Kel, I got to go...yeah I'll call you later tonight, okay, love you too, bye" Kevin said hanging up the phone. "What's wrong?" he asked "You look sick".

"I uh...I need to join your club" Howie said.

"What club?" Kevin asked confused.

"The club for teenage fathers" Howie said "I just...I don't understand how this happened" he said in confusion.

"Well its pretty simple really you see when two people..." Kevin said wrapping his arm around his shoulders.

"I know how it happens!" Howie said angrily.

"Where's Chris?" Kevin asked.

"I dropped her off" Howie said.

"Did you talk?" Kevin asked.

"I couldn't I was just so shocked" Howie said to him.

"You need to go and talk to her" Kevin said.

"How? How do I talk to her about this?" Howie asked.

"Look I know how hard this is, believe me, but trust me, it's the right thing to do" Kevin said.

Howie took a deep breath "Yeah, okay, I'll go" he said getting up and leaving.


“So how'd it go?” Melissa asked as she and Christina talked on the phone.

“Horrible” Christina said sadly.

“What happened? I will hurt him if you want me to” Melissa asked angrily.

“I told him at dinner, and after he drove me home in complete silence and dropped me off” Christina said to her.

“Little weasel” Melissa said angrily.

Her bedroom door opened and Howie came in, a daisy in hand “Uh, I got to go” she said absently.

“Wait Chris!” Melissa said as she hung up.

“Hi” he said nervously.

“Hi” she said awkwardly “Want to sit?” she asked him.

“Yeah thanks” he said as they both sat down “Here, I got this for you” he said handing her the flower.

“Thanks, so, I guess this is goodbye huh?” she asked.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I mean, I guess I'll understand if you don't want to be with me anymore” she said.

“What? Of course I want to be with you” he said confused.

“Yeah only because I'm having your child” she said.

“You also happen to be my girlfriend and I love you” he said smiling at her.

“So...you're not like mad or anything?” she asked nervously.

“Well I do think we have a lot to talk about but no, I'm not mad, I'm happy actually” she smiled and then they hugged “So uh...anyone know yet?” he asked.

“You got up here alive didn't you?” she asked.

“Got to face the music sometime” he said holding his hand out for her. She took it and they left her room.


“He chased him outside and they ran around the front yard for about an hour” Melissa said to Vicki and Sasha at lunch the next day.

“You're kidding” Vicki said as they laughed.

“Chris was mortified and then she said her dad started yelling in like Spanish or German or something”.

Christina then sat down at the table, they looked at her, trying to contain their laughter “Its not that funny!” she said to them irritated “I told you not to tell them.”

“I'm sorry, it was too good not to share” Melissa said laughing.

“I was absolutely humiliated, the whole neighborhood was watching” Christina said angrily.

“Aww Chris, I'm sorry, so, what happened afterward?” Vicki asked her.


“I don't know my parents locked themselves in my dad's den, I fell asleep waiting for them to come out”.
“And my dad left for work before I got up" she said to them.

“Hey there she is, my parents thank you guys for the show last night” Kellie said sitting with them.

“Its not funny Kel” Christina said irritated.

“Its freakin' hilarious” Melissa said, Christina glared at her “Alright time for me to leave” she said getting up.


Drake stared at a picture of Christina as a small child, he propped it back up and set it back on the mantle.

The front door opened and Christina stepped in, she stopped in tracks once she saw him, her face going pale. She looked down and shut the door behind her "Hi daddy" she said softly.

"Hi sweetheart" he said to her.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Just thinking that's all" he said to her.

She nodded "I have homework" she said as she approached the stairs.

"Chrissie, I need to talk to you" she turned to look at him "Its okay" he said, she took her bag from her back and set it on the chair.

They sat on the couch together I'm sorry for the way I acted last night, your mother was right I was a complete...what did she say..."

"Jackass" Christina said.

"Yes" he said to her.

"Its okay, I understand, you don't hate me do you?" she asked.

"Of course not" he said hugging her "I could never" he said hugging her.

"Daddy I'm so sorry" Christina said sobbing.

"I know, I know" he said holding her.

"I didn't want this to happen" she sobbed.

"Shh..." he said trying to sooth her.

"I love you daddy" Christina cried.

"I love you too cupcake" he said as she sobbed into his shoulder.