- Text Size +
The Cabin
Skyline Drive
3:12 PM

“Woah! This is insane!” Baylee stared out the window, marveling at the amazing cabin that their cars had just pulled up to.

It was like a palace; wooden structures covered in blankets of snow, from the enormous roof to the frosted staircase to the patio and deck hidden under piles of the latest downfall.

Everybody piled out and retrieved their bags and suitcases, with the exception of Kristin at Kevin’s insistence. Together they trudged through the snowy walkway to the front door, and the keys were pulled from the envelope it had been sent in.

“Welcome home, guys,” A.J. announced as the door was pushed open and everyone scrambled inside from the cold.

The living room was large and spacious, three couches and two reclining chairs over a beige carpet. An entertainment center sat in the corner next to a large stone fireplace, with a hi-def television and stereo system. Next to that was a bookshelf, with one row filled with a collection of DVDs family friendly and varying from Disney to Tim Burton.

On the other side of the room was the kitchen, fully equipped with a double oven and microwave, six burner stove and two refrigerators surrounding an island countertop. Cupboards were stacked with clean dishes and serving platters, drawers held utensils ready for use.

“Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous!” Leigh marveled. “I can’t believe we get to stay here a whole week!”

Baylee, Mason and James immediately went for the TV.

“Hold it!” Brian called out. “Unpacking first, fun later. There’s still a bunch of groceries out there, why don’t you lend a hand?”

The boys groaned, but joined their fathers back outside to carry in the shopping bags.


3:32 PM

Groceries put away and luggage carried upstairs, the families found the seven bedrooms that had been promised.

The kids were sorted by their age range for who shared a room with who, except for the two little ones. Since they were still very young, Odin and Sasha would sleep in their parents’ rooms with them.
Baylee, Mason and James were put in one room, while Ava, Max, and Holden went to the other.

After putting the babies down for a nap, Lauren and Rochelle volunteered to start cooking dinner. As they began gathering ingredients together, the rest of the wives joined them taking up the chairs at the breakfast nook.

“This’ll be nice, spending time all together,” Kristin said smiling. “And getting away from the craziness back home!”

Lauren laughed as she poured a can of crushes tomatoes into a pan. “I’m with you on that one,” she agreed.

“Goodness knows it’ll probably be even bigger for you and Kevin, honey,” Leighanne told her cousin in law, who nodded with a sigh.

“You must be excited, huh?” Rochelle said to her pregnant friend excitedly. “It’s getting down to the wire!”

“Yeah,” Kristin replied as she chuckled and shook her head. “It’ll be wonderful having another baby, but personally I’ll be glad to have my husband off my back!”

They all laughed.

In a moment the three other women offered to contribute to the meal in some way, and so Lauren had Kristin and Leigh help her chop up some herbs while Leighanne brainstormed dessert ideas with Rochelle as they threw together some vegetables to prepare.


4:20 PM

“Dear Lord, thank you for this day and for bringing these families together. We bless that You watch over us as we embark on new adventures this week together. Bless this meal to nourish our bodies and let our children grow strong and healthy under Your guidance. In Christ’s name we pray, amen.”

“Amen!”

As the blessing ended, the chain of hands around the dining table unclasped and everyone passed their plates around to be served. There was rotini pasta in a fresh basil tomato sauce, field green salad with pancetta and an olive oil dressing, steamed carrots and broccoli, and toasted baguette slices.

It was very fortunate that the youngest kids were so well behaved: they ate any and everything!

For a while the adults just sat and ate, the clinking of forks against plates the only sound in their atmosphere. Soon though Howie brought up ideas for activities to do throughout the week, which became the start of the meal’s main conversation.

“We should show them all the classics,” he said. “Snowball fights, building forts and snowmen, snow angels!”

“Definitely!” Nick agreed. “This is Odin’s first snow trip after all.”
“Hey, and Sasha’s too!” A.J. pointed out.

“So are we gonna do this in shifts or something?” Rochelle asked aloud. “You guys watch the kids while we do our own thing and then we take over?”

“That sounds reasonable,” Brian nodded. “Fellas? What do you think?”

The rest of his bandmates agreed, as well as their wives.


4:43 PM

“Uncle Kevin, I’m all finished!” Holden pointed to his empty plate with remnants of tomato sauce and breadcrumbs.
“Me too!” James chimed in. “Can we have dessert now, please?”

Ava and Max got excited, since they too had finished their dinner.

“I want dessert too!”

“Me too! Me too!”

“Easy, take it easy,” Kevin said trying to calm them down. He turned towards the kitchen. “It’s getting a bit heated out here; can we try picking up the pace?” he called out.

Rochelle, Lauren, and Leighanne emerged carrying bowls of vanilla ice cream atop gooey, fresh baked brownies. Immediately the kids settled back into their seats and issued thank yous to the grownups before digging in.

Leaving Baylee to watch over the younger kids while they finished dessert, Kevin joined his wife and friends back in the kitchen to lend a hand with washing and putting away the cookware and dishes.

Howie slipped over to Leigh’s side and brushed his fingers along her wrist. “You know,” he said smoothly, “we should discuss finding time for us, if you know what I mean…”

“Easy, D,” A.J. suddenly appeared behind them. “You’re not the only one.” He chuckled as Howie shoved him in the shoulder.

Kristin was back sitting at the counter, laying newly cleaned dishes over dish towels to dry. She paused, feeling a tightening in her stomach.

It had to be Braxton Hicks starting up again.

“Doing okay, babe?” Kevin came up next to her, kissing her forehead and resting his hand on her belly.
“As well as I can,” she sighed.

“I did a little looking in while we were still in town,” he told her. “There’s a community hospital just a couple blocks from that shopping center. If anything happens..."

“Kevin, I promise,” Kristin said determinedly, “this baby is going to stay put.”


6 PM

The kitchen cleaned and leftovers put away, the families settled on spending their first evening at the cabin with a movie night. Popcorn was made, sodas and juices were poured, and two movies chosen; Disney's Cinderella remake and Zootopia.

Sasha and Odin had woken from their naps shortly after dinner, and their parents had laid out some of their toys to keep them busy. Now that the first movie was starting though, A.J. settled both of them in his lap with him.

Halfway into the film, just as the fairy godmother appeared, Nick felt Lauren tap his hand. He looked up at her, his head still in her lap, and saw that familiar look in her eye. He smiled then slipped off the couch as quietly as he could, going into the hall and towards the staircase.
A moment later, Lauren was next to him tracing her fingers around his shoulders. He reached around and lifted her into his arms, both of them quietly laughing as he carried her up the stairs to their room.

With no hesitation, the couple stripped away their clothing and fell on the bed into each other's arms. Nick kissed up and down his wife's neck, running his hands over her breasts. Lauren let out small whimpers of pleasure as she felt her husband's strong gentle touch all over her body, heat evolving in her core.

"Oh baby," Nick murmured, feeling her hands drifting downwards of him. It barely even took a minute for him to get hard.

Another moment and he slid into her. They held each other, rocking back and forth with his thrusts, moaning and gasping.
They went on as long as they could last, climaxes meeting each other at their peak, before collapsing together onto the sheets, limbs still entwined. Sweat trickled from Nick's brow as he leaned over and kissed his beautiful bride.

"Now it's a vacation," she whispered into his ear. Released and content, Nick and Lauren drifted into a peaceful sleep.

Chapter End Notes:
Heads up- I'm going too try and put in a few instances of romance between the couples. Just warning you now!

I know you probably know where this Richardson baby storyline is going...