- Text Size +
Darren pulled his sweatshirt hood over his head, sneaking into the school, he crept down the hallway. He pushed open the cafeteria doors and looked around, the chairs were stacked up on the tables. A table was pushed up against a wall, stacks of yearbooks sat on top. He picked one up and shoved it into his jacket and escaped through the cafeteria exit.

~*~


The next day at school, Harry cautiously approached a girl named Cecily in the media room, he raised his hand to tap her on the shoulder when she turned around.

“Oh...hi Harry” she said smiling at him.

“Hey” he said nervously.

“…What’s up?” she asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Uh…well…okay so… I know it's a little late but I was hoping that if you didn't already have a date or anything...and I always thought we were really good friends and I really like you..." Harry rambled.

"Harry...are you asking me to prom?" Cecily asked.

"Maybe...kind of...a little" he said nervously.

She smiled at him "I'd love to go with you" she said to him.

"...Really?" he asked surprised.

"Sure" she said smiling at him.

"Well great" he said relieved.


~*~



Adam stood backstage in the auditorium pacing back and forth when finally, Wendy crossed his path "Wendy?" he asked.

"Oh hey McLean" she said to him, stopping in her tracks.

"Got a minute?" he asked.

"Sure, what's up?" she asked.

He cleared his throat "Well uh..." he said clearing his throat again "I don't know if you were planning on going to the prom or anything" he said clearing his throat again.

"Are you okay?" she asked concerned.

"Yeah uh...are you going to the prom?" he asked.

“I was planning on it, some of my friends don't have dates were going as a group" she said to him "Are you going?" she asked.

"Uh yeah...I was, but I was thinking...maybe we can go together" he said to her.

"Are you asking me to be your date for prom?" she asked.

"Is that okay?" he asked nervously.

"Well yeah of course” she said smiling.

"So? Prom date?" he asked hopefully.

"Prom date" she said to him.


~*~



Damien sat on his laptop once again trolling through the school's website. The door opened and he quickly shut the laptop "You get it?" Damien asked.

"Right here" Darren said holding it up.

Damien took it from him, looking at the glossy cover, he sat on his bed and pulled it open, flipping through the pages.

"You okay?" Darren asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks" Damien said to him "Darren?" he asked "Thank you" Damien said.

"That's the last time I'm going back there, you can't move on unless you learn to let go of this anger you're carrying around, it almost destroyed you once, I'm not going to let it happen again" Darren said to him.

Damien nodded as Darren left the room, shutting the door behind him.


~*~



“No, no, no, no, definitely not, no…” Kyle said going through Bradley’s music, they sat on the couch in front of Bradley’s laptop “No, no, no…” Kyle said.

“Kyle…Kyle!” Bradley said getting his attention “What are you doing?” he asked irritated.

“I’m helping you, remember?” Kyle asked.

“Yeah I said make a list!” Bradley said to him.

“Okay listen, I got stuff people want to hear alright? I’ll make you a playlist you can use that” Kyle said.

"Hey" Natalie said coming into the house, Neilson behind her.

“Where’ve you guys been?” Bradley asked.

“Nat had to go and pick up her dress” Neilson said.

"So Kyle, is Zoey excited about the prom?" Natalie asked.

"Shh...!" he said looking around "Adam could be around and I don't want to deal with him and his paranoia" he said to her.

“What is Adam's deal anyways?" she asked.

"Zoey is practically Adam's sister I guess he's just being protective...borderline psychotic...but protective" Kyle said to her.

"Well in it's own weird way, that's actually pretty sweet" Natalie said, they all looked at her confused "What?" she asked.

"We've just never heard the word sweet in reference to Adam before" Kyle said.

"And from you of all people" Bradley said.

"What? I can be nice to Adam, we're cool with each other" she said.

"He called you a skank the other day" Neilson said to her.

"I didn't say we were best friends!" Natalie said to them.


~*~



Damien flipped through his yearbook before finally coming to the senior section, he turned the page and laid eyes on his former classmates. He then came to Kyle's senior picture his smiling face staring back at him. Memories began flooding his brain.

"What are you going to kill me?" Damien asked standing up slowly to face Kyle "You don't have it in you" Damien said taunting him.

"As much as I would love to blow your head off, it wouldn't make me any better than you are, besides you'll get yours, when you're in prison and are being passed around like the bitch that you are" Kyle said to Damien "One can only hope" he said before clocking Damien cold over the head with the gun's handle.


He was broken out of his trance by Darren "Hey, dinner's ready" Darren said to him, standing the doorway, Damien stood up from the bed and limped out of the room, leaving the book open on his bed.

~*~


"Daddy's home!" AJ announced as the front doors opened and the guys stood there with their luggage.

"Hey" Bradley, Neilson and Kyle all murmured.

"We've been out of town for weeks and all we get is hey?" Brian asked.

Bradley, Neilson and Kyle looked at each other confused “...You have?” Bradley asked.

“Yes!” Brian said irritated.

“Oh…yeah we didn’t notice” Bradley said.

“Course not, why wouldn’t you notice your father was out of town?” Brian asked.

"Well I noticed, welcome home" Natalie said smiling.

"Thank you Natalie, see now is that so hard?" Brian asked them "You guys been staying out of trouble?" he asked.

“Define trouble” Neilson said.

“Has anyone been shot, kidnapped, buried alive or caught in an explosion?” Brian asked.

“You mean again?” Bradley asked.

"Oh come on Bradley, you're not going to tell your daddy you're nominated for prom king?" Natalie asked.

"I wasn't planning on it" he said to her through gritted teeth as he glared at her.

"You got nominated for prom king?" Brian asked trying not to laugh.

“And why is that funny?” Bradley asked “Kyle got nominated too” Bradley said.

“What? The captain of the football team and the star quarterback was nominated for Prom King? I'm shocked” AJ said sarcastically.

“You’re making me sound like a cliché” Kyle said.

“...You are” Bradley said to him.

“Hey the only reason you got nominated because Neilson wanted to screw with you” Kyle said irritated.

"You did this to him?" Brian asked laughing.

“Oh my god it was a joke! He might not even win” Neilson said.

“Why won’t I win?” Bradley asked offended.

“Dude come on you don’t want to win” Neilson said to Bradley.

“That was before I knew you didn’t think I could!” Bradley said.

"Wow, senior prom" Brian said "Hard to believe" he said.

"okay don't go getting all sentimental there padre" Bradley said.

"Would that be so bad?" Brian asked.

"Kind of, it's very unsettling when you guys get all mushy" Neilson said.

"Our little boys are going to prom!" Brian's voice squeaked as he grabbed Bradley and pushed his head into his chest.

"Let. go" Bradley said glaring him.

"So...who's the lucky girl?" Brian asked.

"What lucky girl?" Bradley asked.

"The girl you're going to prom with" Brian said.

"He's the DJ" Kyle said.

"You don't have a date?” Brian asked.

"So I don't have a date, what’s the big deal?" Bradley asked.

"You're a good looking boy, if Neilson can get a girlfriend there's no reason you shouldn't have one" Brian said to him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Neilson asked offended.

“Well it’s little late to ask someone now…and Kyle’s already nabbed Zoey so…” Bradley said as Kyle looked at him fearfully, shaking his head in a negative gesture.

"What?" AJ asked.

“Here we go” Kyle groaned.

"Zoey? Adam's cousin Zoey? My niece Zoey?" AJ asked.

"She's not your niece" Kyle said.

"For all intents and purposes, she is! The same way I consider you four little monkeys my nephews" AJ said.

"Aww...that makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside" Bradley said.

"Shut up" AJ said to him "And you're still alive I take it Adam doesn't know?" he asked.

"Oh no trust me he knows, he chased me around the block for half an hour" Kyle said to him.

"I got a video of it" Neilson said amused.

“Which I told you to delete” Kyle said irritated.
“oh yeah like I listen to you” Neilson said to him

"Anything happens to that girl and I will personally help Adam kill you" AJ said to him.

"What is it with everyone wanting to kill me?" Kyle asked.


~*~



Derek slowly made his way down the hallway, taking small steps putting his cane out in front of him and holding on to it for dear life. Damien's bedroom door sat open, he peeked in and saw the yearbook lying open on his bed. He picked the book up and looked at it, bringing it over to a desk sitting in the corner. The corner of the book touched the laptop's mouse pad and the screen lit up, the prom page still intact. Derek looked at it closely, turning his attention back to the yearbook, he flipped the page backwards lying eyes on Bradley's senior picture.

Bradley stepped toward Derek, looking down at him, he smiled wickedly at him pulling his leg up and putting his foot on the knife's handle. He slowly pressed on it, Derek groaning in agony as the knife's blade penetrated him deeper before stomping on the handle pushing the knife all the way in Derek screamed in anguish.

"That's for trying to turn my best friend against me" he said looking down at Derek.

"Game's not over yet boys" Derek said breathing heavily “This thing only ends one way...sudden death" Derek said before finally falling unconscious.

"Hopefully this time it's his" Neilson said leading Bradley and Natalie from the room.


The memory faded as he turned his attention back to the computer's screen, the prom page sticking out at him, something clicked in his brain and a wicked grin grew on his face.


That night Damien hobbled into the kitchen, he opened the refrigerator and took out a carton of milk, he took a drink. The refrigerator light revealed Derek sitting there in the dark, Damien choked on the milk upon seeing him "Dad, what the hell?!" he asked irritated.

Derek held up the yearbook "Where'd this come from?" he asked curiously, he set it on the table “And don’t even think about lying to me” he said sternly.

Damien sighed "Alright fine, I asked Darren to go and get it for me" he said.

"Hmm" Derek said in return.

"Hmm? That's all? You're not going to scream at me?" Damien asked.

"Why would I?" Derek asked.

"So you're not mad?" Damien asked.

"No... actually...I'm quite happy" he said smiling at Damien “You know son…you only get one senior prom…it’d be a shame if you were to miss it” Derek said.

“Yeah well…unfortunately that’s what happens when you’re a fugitive” Damien said.

“I saw on the school website that Richardson’s nominated for Prom King” Derek said.

Damien glared at him “Yeah…real surprise right?” he asked.

“Along with that irritating little twit Bradley Littrell” Derek said in disdain.

“What’s your point?” Damien asked.

“Like I said you only get one senior prom…a night you’ll always remember…why don’t we make this one they’ll never forget?” Derek asked, Damien looked at him and smiled.