- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Well last year I was dabbling with the idea of bringing some closure to Jessi and Nick from Project: nkotBSB. Thanks to colorguardqueen for backing me up and pushing me to do it, I finally managed it. With my crazy, mixed up life, I just haven't had a chance to post. Hope you guys like this.
Faithfully
Chapter 1
By Dottie
Copyright 2017


"The world of Boy Band fans has been stunned over the last six months as two of the biggest groups of all time broke up. First it was the Backstreet Boys announcing a parting of the ways after over 22 years together. Sources close to the Backstreet Boys claim a blowup between members AJ McLean and Nick Carter foretold the beginning of the end. Neither would comment or speculate. AJ McLean has since left the country to start a new life with his wife. Nick Carter moved out of California to an undisclosed location alone. His short lived marriage barely made the news and his ex wife is no where to be found.

Today the world was stunned with the announcement that singer, actor and entrepreneur Donnie Wahlberg has been arrested and charged with kidnapping, imprisonment, battery and rape. His accuser remains anonymous. The District Attorney of Honolulu announced earlier today that Mr. Wahlberg was arrested when he showed up in Honolulu for a vacation with is brother's family. Not long after the arrest, the New Kids on the Block released a statement that the group had quietly disbanded four months ago due to personality conflicts within the group. The official reason was the group 'grew apart' and had decided to 'go their separate ways to pursue their own interests' but our sources tell us the group had major problems when they toured with the Backstreet Boys last year. Fights between Donnie Wahlberg and Nick Carter have fueled rumors that Nick Carter's ex wife could possibly be the victim behind the arrest of Donnie Wahlberg. Our sources continue to search for the facts as the case continues to unfold. Stay tuned to E! News for more information as we dig for the truth."

I flip off the television and rub my stomach. Did I really think I could hide? No, I knew I couldn't. But there was no fucking way Donnie Wahlberg was going to get away with what he did to me.

My phone rings and I jump. I reach for it as my baby kicks. When I see it's Thad I feel a prickle of fear but happiness overshadows it. He's been the best friend possible to me over the last six months. He helped build the case against Donnie. He helped me get my divorce. He found me a place to hide and heal after everything that's happened over the last year.

I answer happily. "Hey Thad."

He doesn't mince words. "Jessi, Hanna Jo went into labor a few hours ago. AJ called me and asked if there was any way possible I could find you."

My heart aches. "Thad..."

He cuts me off. "Jessi, I know why you're hiding. I know why you chose to go back to Australia and I don't mind helping you stay hidden. But Nick hasn't had contact with AJ and Hanna Jo for over three months. He's hiding down in Mexico. Hanna Jo needs you. Aside from AJ you're all she has and she misses you. And I damn sure know you miss her."

I sniffle as tears fall from my eyes. "I do miss her. Is she ok?"

His voice softens. "They are doing well. They opened a B & B in Canada and it's a great success for them so far. They've settled down into a nice, normal life." After a brief silence, he says, "Jessi? It's time."

I sigh. "You're right, it is. Can you hook me a flight?"

He laughs. "Already done. A car is on its way to pick you up. The baby will probably be here before you, but not by much. Safe travels."

Before he can hang up, I say, "You're there? In Canada?"

He chuckles. "Of course. AJ said anytime Lisa and I needed to get away we were welcome. We came here for our honeymoon. Now, go pack. I'll pick you up at the airport when you get here."

I sniffle again, fresh tears forming in my eyes as he disconnects the call. I never had a honeymoon. I never had a wedding night with my husband. I was held against my will and raped by a twisted, evil, sadistic bastard. That's something I'll never forget...or forgive. But I can never stop loving Nick. I gave him my heart...and he ripped it to shreds."


I'm exhausted as I walk off the plane. I didn't have time to pack much. I threw two outfits and some underwear in a carry on. I still have the money from helping nail Oakley at the bank...I'll buy what I need while I'm here.

The minute I step off the plane I see Thad. And I start crying. He hurries over to me as I drop my bag. He hugs me tightly. "Jessi, don't cry."

I can't stop the sobs that rack my body. "Thad, why?"

He rubs my hair and whispers, "Not now Jessi. We're not going to talk about it now. I'm going to take you to Hanna Jo and then we'll talk about what happened and why."

I pull away from him. "You talked to Nick, didn't you?" I push hard against his chest, causing him to stumble backward. "You...he TOLD you what? He had no choice?"

Thad grabs my hand. "Jessi, don't. Not now. Nick is gone and Hanna Jo needs you."

My heart races. "Hanna Jo? What's wrong?"

He picks up my bag. "She's ok. Come on. I told AJ I was bringing her a surprise. He promised he'd keep it a secret."

As we walk out of the airport, I say, "Thad, what's going on? You said she needs me. What's wrong?"

He leads me to a waiting rental car and opens the door for me. After throwing my bag in the backseat, he gets in the car and says, "Her mother called yesterday. She...she demanded Hanna Jo give them her baby to raise so it has a moral upbringing. She lost it...she had one raging tantrum and told her mother to go fuck herself. The stress made her blood pressure shoot up, which in turn made her water break."

I feel my stomach knot in fear. "But she's ok? The baby is ok? Is it a boy or girl?"

He glances at me, smiling. "I promised not to tell. But I will tell you Hanna Jo is fine." Glancing at my protruding belly, he murmurs, "How are you?"

I rub my tummy and smile wistfully. "I feel wonderful so far. She kicks up a storm when she's hungry. And she loves chocolate milk shakes."

His smile grows as he maneuvers the streets of Calgary. "She? You're having a girl?"

I nod. "Yes, I found out last month."

He reaches for my hand. "Have you come up with a name yet?"

I nod slightly. "Yeah...I'm going to call her Haley Jo."
Chapter End Notes:
Please don't leave me hanging...tell me what you think!