- Text Size +
“Here” Zoey said setting a cup of coffee in front of Kyle, she took a seat across from him at a small table in a coffee shop.

“Thanks” he said.

“How you holding up?” she asked holding his hand.

He shrugged “Is what it is, I guess” he said sullenly.

“At least take comfort in knowing that Coach Reinhart is somewhere where nothing can ever hurt him again and he’s at peace and he’s safe” Zoey said.

“I know” he said squeezing her hand.

“Hey” Adam said appearing over them.

“Hey” Kyle said surprised.

“Thanks for coming” Zoey said hugging him.

“Yeah no problem, sorry I missed the service” Adam said sitting down.

“What are you doing here? I thought you had a movie in production?” Kyle asked.

“I put my assistant on it today” Adam said “So…how you doing?” he asked.

“Not great” Kyle said.

“Understandable” Adam said.

“Hey guys” Harry said approaching them.

“Hey Harry, thanks for being here” Zoey said hugging him.

“You called them?” Kyle asked.

“I figured you could use a friendly face” she said.

“So you called Adam?” Kyle asked.

“I’ll give you a pass on that since you just lost someone close to you” Adam said to him.

“Ooh” Zoey said pulling her phone out “I got to get back to the clinic, I’ll see you at dinner okay?” she asked Kyle.

“Sure, thanks” he said as they kissed.

“Bye guys” she said to Harry and Adam.

“Your wife’s a regular Dr. Doolittle” Harry said sitting down.

“I actually had a little time from the hospital to go to the gravesite and pay my respects, I’m really sorry Kyle” Harry said patting his shoulder.

“Thanks” Kyle said taking a drink of his coffee.

“So where’s the Scooby Gang?” Adam asked looking around.

“They had to take Wexler back into protective custody” Kyle said.

“Man, Principal Wexler…wonder what he looks like these days” Adam said.

“Old” Kyle said amused.

Harry shrugged “We all got old” he said.

“Yeah” Kyle chuckled “Hey Harry?” he asked.

“Yeah?” Harry asked.

“Can a person survive a fall from a 10 story building?” Kyle asked.

“Depends, are we talking all 10 stories because a human being can actually survive falls up to 48 feet” Harry said “Why, who fell ten stories?” Harry asked.

“Damien Winchester” Kyle said as Harry and Adam stared at each other.

“Where the hell is this coming from?” Adam asked.

“Nothing Bradley’s just working on another one of his crackpot theories” Kyle said.

“He’s still dead right?” Harry asked horrified.

“Yes, of course he is” Kyle said.

“So…Bradley thinks that someone who has been dead for the last 20 years is suddenly alive and killing people…” Adam said.

“It’s not like he didn’t cheat death before” Kyle said.

“Okay, well let’s say for argument’s sake that Damien did survive that fall, there would be far too much physical trauma for him to be walking around freely” Harry said “We’re talking major head trauma and spinal damage” he said. Harry’s phone beeped “I got to get back to the hospital” he said getting up.

“Hey, Harry, there’s no need to worry alright? Damien’s dead, he has been for a long time, he’s not coming back this time” Kyle said.

“Hope you’re right” Harry said “See you guys” he said leaving the table.

He stopped at the sales counter, a dollar bill fell to the floor, Harry bent down and picked it up “Hey I think you dropped this” he said.

“Oh, thanks” Chad said taking it from him.

“No problem” Harry said smiling “Can I get a black coffee to go please?” Harry said to the barista.

“And I’ll have a refill” Chad said to her.

“Coffee black to go” the barista said handing Harry a cup.

“Please, allow me” Chad said to him.

“Oh wow, thanks a lot” Harry said.

“I owe you one” Chad said with a haunting expression on his face.

“Oh, thanks again” Harry said leaving the coffee shop.

“So what lead Bradley to this insane conclusion?” Adam asked.

“I have no idea” Kyle said “Hey Syd!” he called out when he saw Sydney enter the shop.

“Oh hey guys” Sydney said approaching their table.

“Have a seat” Kyle said standing up to pull a chair out for her.

“Oh thanks, I’m actually meeting someone” she said looking around.

“Oh Bradley had to take Wexler back to protective custody” Kyle said.

“Oh no I know, hey I’m really sorry, I know Coach Reinhart was really important to you” she said sympathetically.

“Thanks” he said smiling softly.

“I’m actually meeting my assistant, Barry” she said "Guess he's not here yet".

“Oh yeah, heard about the book deal, congratulations” Adam said to her.

“Thank you” she said.

“You got a book deal? That’s great” Kyle said.

“Thanks” she said.

“What’s it going to be about?” Adam asked.

“Bradley didn’t tell you?” she asked them.

“No.”

“No” they said to her.

“Alright, well first let me tell you that this was not my idea but…Barry wants to do a series based on the Winchester family” she said.

Kyle and Adam looked at each other “What do you mean?” Kyle asked.

“Don’t worry I’m going to try and stop the whole thing before it even gets started” she said.

“How did Barry hear about The Winchesters?” Adam asked.

“Apparently he heard a story about them from someone and thought it make the perfect book” she said to them.

“oh Sydney!” Barry said upon entering the shop.

“I’ll see you guys later” she said leaving the table.

“That’s how he got the idea” Adam said.

“I can see why he would think that though, I mean our reunion’s coming up, 2 people are dead, 2 people who we were closely associated with during high school, our former principal is being threatened and out of nowhere Syd’s assistant decides he wants to do a book about the Winchesters” Kyle said.

“Okay yeah you’re right that’s a pretty big coincidence but there’s no reason to think they’re still alive” Adam said.

“Barry hey” Sydney said approaching him.

“Sydney, wonderful, thanks for coming” he said.

“Yeah, no problem, we really need to talk about this whole Winchester thing…”

“Barry!” Chad said approaching them.

“Oh Chad!” Barry said.

“Hope I’m not too early” he said shaking Barry’s hand.

“Course not, you’re right on time, this is Sydney Littrell, she’s the one I’ve been telling you so much about” Barry said “Sydney, I’d like you to meet Chad Winningham” he said.

“Hi” she said shaking his hand.

“Nice to meet you, Barry’s told me nothing but good things about you and congratulations on the book deal ” Chad said.

“Oh thank you” she said.

“Sydney, Chad is the one who told me about the Winchesters, it was his idea for us to do the story” Barry said to her.

“Oh…well uh…thanks I guess, did you know them?” Sydney asked.

“Kind of” Chad said.

“Well, while I appreciate the help, I’m sure Barry does too, it’s not going to be necessary, we’re not going to be able to use this idea” she said.

“What are you talking about? That’s why we’re here, Chad is offering us more information” Barry said.

“Is there a problem?” Chad asked.

“It’s just that uh…my husband…he had a bad experience with the Winchesters and I’d rather not put him through the pain of reliving it” Sydney said to them.

“Wait a second, Bradley knew the Winchesters?” Barry asked.

“Yes and I will explain everything later” Sydney said.

“What kind of experience did he have exactly?” Chad asked.

“Not a great one, trust me” Sydney said to him.

Chad felt his hip vibrate “Oh I’m sorry I have to go, I’ll be hearing from you soon?” Chad asked Barry.

“Sure” Barry said “Sydney, what is going on? This is a million dollar idea” Barry said.

“Barry, there’s something you need to hear” she said.

~*~


“Great practice today everyone” Rachel said pulling a duffel bag onto her shoulder “See you guys tomorrow, remember we have the alumni assembly to prepare for” she said grabbing her pom poms. She left the gym and walked into the halls, she stood outside the art room doors where she saw Joey through the door’s window. She waved, he smiled, mouthing ‘hey’ putting five fingers in the air and mouthing ‘5 more minutes’, she nodded and gave him a thumbs up.

She turned and bumped into Chad “Oh my god” she said startled.

“Oh I’m so sorry” he said.

“No, it’s okay, I didn’t see you there I guess” she said.

“Yes, well I…I was taking a tour with Mrs. Lewis the other day I think I left my cellphone behind, and I’ve seem to have gotten turned around” he said.

“Oh, that’s okay, this place can be pretty confusing” she said.

“You know you don’t see many students at school on a Saturday” he said jokingly.

“Oh, well, we’re squeezing in extra practices for this big alumni assembly and the art club always has weekend meetings” she said.

“Ah…cheerleader I see” he said noticing her pom poms.

“Oh, yeah, I’m actually captain” she said.

“Congratulations, tough spot to get” he said.

“I guess” she said.

“Oh, I’m sorry where are my manners, Chad Winningham, my son will actually be attending school here in a few weeks” he said extending his hand.

“Oh, hi, I’m Rachel, Rachel Littrell” she said shaking his hand.

The doors to the art room opened and Joey stepped out “Hey sorry about that, we’re going crazy with this alumni week thing” he said kissing her.

“That’s okay, this is Mr…Winningham?” Rachel asked.

“Right” Chad said smiling at her.

“Oh hi, Joey Carter” he said shaking his hand.

“So, you two are dating?” Chad asked amused.

“That’s right” Joey said happily, kissing Rachel once more.

“This is too perfect” he said to himself.

“What?” Joey asked.

“Oh nothing, like I’ve explained to your lovely girlfriend here, I was actually taking a tour of the school a few days ago and left my cellphone behind” Chad said.

“Yeah his son’s actually coming to school here soon” Rachel said.

“Oh, cool” Joey said.

“I’m sorry, I’ve taken up enough of your time…can you tell me where Mrs. Lewis’ office is?” he asked.

“Oh sure, it’s up those stairs and to the left” Rachel said to him.

“Wonderful, thank you so much for your help, it was wonderful meeting you both” Chad said.

“You too” Rachel said.

“Hey, what’s your son’s name? Maybe we can help him out when he gets here” Joey said as Chad walked away.

“Damien…my son’s name is Damien” he said smiling before going up the stairs.

~*~


Bradley opened a door and looked out over rows and rows of shelves full of boxes filled with old case files. He looked at a small slip of paper in his hand before stepping down a small staircase, he walked beyond the rows of shelves when he spotted Neilson’s back “Neilson” he said.

Neilson quickly stood up, holding a file folder behind his back “Hey” he said nervously “What’s up?” he asked.

“What are you doing down here?” Bradley asked.

“…What are you doing down here?” Neilson asked.

“Just looking for something…” Bradley said “What about you?” he asked.

“Huh? Oh, nothing just…Cap wanted me to come down…look at an old case” Neilson said.

“Oh really” Bradley said leaning to the side, Neilson leaned with him “Which case?” Bradley asked.

“The uh…the uh…” Neilson said stammering.

“Oh would you stop I can see you got the Winchester case files open” Bradley said to him.

Neilson scoffed “Oh yeah well…” Neilson said snatching the piece of paper from Bradley’s hand “Oh look at that ‘Winchester files’ and the serial number!” he said.

“Well I know why I want to look at them, why are you?” Bradley asked “Unless… you think my theory might be right” he said.

“I don’t know, okay?” Neilson said “But when I thought about what said…maybe there’s some chance…I mean like you said, it’s not like they didn’t fake their death before” Neilson said to him.

“Where do we start?” Bradley asked.

“Where else? The beginning” Neilson said handing him a file folder “Just for the record we are just talking solely about Damien right? I mean, there’s no chance crazy papa Winchester is still walking around right?” Neilson asked.

“No way, you heard him on prom night, he would’ve died from a blood infection even without me stabbing him” Bradley said.

~*~


“Hello again” Chad said approaching a nurses’ station.

“Oh Mr. Winningham, welcome back” a nurse said.

“Brenda I swear you get lovelier every time I come here” he said flashing a flirty grin.

She giggled “Ever the charmer” she said.

“How is he today?” he asked as he followed her to a patient room.

“Same as ever, his vitals seem to be getting better” she said sliding the door to a room open “Let me know if you need anything” she said.

“Will do, thank you Brenda” he said taking his coat off and laying it over a chair. “Well well” he said strolling over to the bed “Hello father…good to see you again” he said smiling wickedly down at elderly man who lie in the bed, hooked up to various tubes and machines. “You are never going to believe what I’m going to tell you” he said chuckling.