- Text Size +
“Oh okay…well thanks again.” I said pushing the car door open. I could feel the tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes. I pulled myself up out the car and shut the door. I knew this was too good to be true. Why would anyone want to start dating a woman who's 6 months pregnant. That’s when I felt his hand grab my waist turn me towards him

“I would have helped you out of the car…” He said noticing the tears. “Hey what are those for?”

“I just thought we were having a good time but maybe I just wanted to be having a good time. I should have known better so I’m just going to go.” I said turning towards my building and began walking to the door. He walked around in front of me and stopped me.

“Kat wait a minute. I have had a great time! I just want to take our time to get to know each other first before anything else happens."

“Oh...that’s not what I meant about coming up but sure okay. I’m actually really tired so I’m going to head up. Take care Zach.” I said pulling away and walking up to the door. I sighed while searching for my keys in my purse when I felt hands on my waist. He spun me around and pulled me to him. The next thing I know his lips were on mine. It began innocently enough but towards the end he had parted my lips with his tongue and it got pretty intense. He pulled back regretfully and sighed.

“This is why I can’t come up.” He said licking his lips. "I know I won't be able to stop myself if we aren't in public."

“What if you just come up for a few minutes to kiss me goodbye at my door?” I said biting my lip.

“Okay.” He said grabbing my hand and pulling me inside the elevator. Once the elevator doors closed I turned to him.

“I’m not the kind of girl that even thinks about sex until at least the 5th date. It was definitely not what I was implying. I don’t know what it is about you but it’s all I can think about.” I sighed and he groaned.

“4 more to go…” He licked his lips and pulled me to him tilting my lips up to his. I moaned into the kiss as his hand rubbed the bare skin at the small of my back.

“Maybe not 4 more…” I mumbled on his lips. He pulled away as the doors opened.

“Will you call me tomorrow?” I asked as my hand slipped out of his. I smiled as he followed me out of the elevator.

“Do you want to do something with me tomorrow?”

“I’d love to.” I smiled thinking about what I’d like to be doing with him right now.

“Do you like Football?”

“I love football but I’m originally from Chicago and a Bears fan.”

“We will have to talk more about sports tomorrow while we watch some football. I have a feeling our baseball teams are rivals.”

“You're probably a Cardinals fan right?.” He nodded. “Yeah that may be a problem.” I laughed.

“My place tomorrow? We can lounge around in comfortable clothes with snacks and watch some football.”

“Throw in some kissing and it sounds like a perfect Sunday.”

“Deal! I’ll text you my address. Come over around noon when the games start.”

“I’ll be there.” I said with a smile. He pulled me over to him and kissed me one more time.

“I’ll see you tomorrow beautiful.” He said walking away. I walked in and closed my door. I changed into my pajamas and crawled into my bed. I thought about calling Jen but I needed to process some things before going through it with her. All of sudden I wasn’t feeling well and I just wanted to close my eyes. I woke up when my phone rang and it was daylight already. I’m still not feeling well but I answered the phone.

“Hello?” I said groggily

“Hey, everything ok? You don’t sound very good.” Zach asked.

“I’m not feeling very well. What time is it?” I asked realizing I had to pee really badly. I put the phone on mute and went to the bathroom.

“It's almost noon. That’s why I'm calling. You didn’t respond to my text so I wanted to make sure you were okay.” he said and I unmute the phone

“It’s that late already? I’m sorry I’ll be over in a little bit.” I said not sure if I still wanted to go.

“It’s fine, I’ll just come to you.”

“Really?” I asked thankful for his kindness.

“Yeah of course. Do you need me to stop and get you anything?”

“Ginger Ale please?”

“Sure, I’ll be over shortly.”

“Thanks Zach!”

“No problem.” He said and we hung up. I put the phone down and sat back down on my couch and turned the football game on. I must have nodded off again because I was jolted out of my sleep by the knock on the door. I didn’t bother to look out to see who it was figuring it was Zach. I just opened the door and walked back to the couch

“Kat? You don’t look so good. What’s the matter?” He asked

“Nick? What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to come by and talk but you didn’t answer your phone. I was slightly worried and wanted to check on you two. What’s the matter?”

“I’m just not feeling very well.”

“Okay, why don’t you go lie down on the couch and prop your feet up. I'll grab you some water." I lie back down on the couch and nodded. Shit!!! I forgot that Zach was on his way over. Nick brought me some water and knelt down in front of me.

“Thanks Nick. You don't have to take care of me I'll be fine. Go ahead and go." I said trying to get him out of the apartment before Zach got here. I don't see that going very well.

“I don’t want you to be alone though.” He said

“She won’t be.” I heard from the door way.